2022 Destash-Along

My April entry! (Also posted in the stitch along)

“Skagit Valley Stormy Spring”

This was a totally for fun, no rules, fooling around, whatever-happens-happens, 100% made from stash, project! And it has yellow!

Just north of where I live is the Skagit Valley. Along with being a hugely important area in West Coast bird migration, it’s also home to many, many bulb farms. It’s famous for the tulip festival every spring, but I actually appreciate the earlier daffodils even more. Just beyond the daffodils, when you stand with your back to Puget Sound, are the foothills of Cascade Mountain range. It is a photographer’s paradise - mountains, incredible skies, birds of all kinds - including flocks of thousands & thousands of huge Trumpeter & Tundra Swans.

So I started thinking about doing a mixed media version of one of my photos, and photos from local photographers I liked. I stitched everything together, no glue etc.

Everything is from stash! The background/stormy sky is dark blue tulle. The mountains/foothills are denim bits i was using to make a quilt. The daffodil rows and green leaves are felt, leftover from swap projects. The birds are from scrap paper from a used up sketch pad. The Moon you see in some photos is my needle-minder, and is not part of the project! Lol

Full post: Skagit Valley Stormy Spring - Inspired-along challenge 2022 Entry

10 Likes

This is SOOOO COOOOOL!

1 Like

I just found this thread!

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Really inspiring. I love it.

Much destashing! I’ve had those felt mushroom cutouts for YEARS, lol.

Positivity TM patches

More positivity TM patches

Positivity Mushroom Magnets

9 Likes

HELLO DE-STASHERS! May prompts are herrrrrrre! Also listed in the second post in this topic. WOO!

May
Color: Pink
Pattern: Ombre/Fades
For: Transitions
Challenge: Think literal, metaphorical, and even metaphysical transitions. Doors, porches, & balconies, hallways, foyers, porticoes, etc. Cars, trains, buses, bikes, skates, your own two feet. New class, new job, new house, new role. New life phases or outlooks even. Also, the old versions of all of those things.

5 Likes

Last day of sign ups for the make a pouch & fill it swap! It’s going to be a terrific stash buster for me, I have so much rando goodness I’m inspired to use for this!

3 Likes

They were old stash when I posted about them March 2020

Then I found them again this March

I think they are finally used up now, whew!

16 Likes

I love all these projects! Working from my fabric stash is so much fun, but I have been neglecting it lately. You guys are inspiring me to dive back in!

2 Likes

Voting is now open for the inspired along challenge, see the entries and vote here

3 Likes

Done!

1 Like

I managed a couple of stashy projects lately. The mirror for this as well as the various spray paints used in distressing came from stash. I suppose the book covers might be considered stash, too

BookCovers02

The flower sack towels and two of the four HTV for these towels were stash.

6 Likes

Those are great, even though you had to buy more to make the one…ha ha ha…at least you used up some stash!

I am only working from stash, mostly sewing projects. I hope to get to the point this year where I am only buying for a current project…yeah…one can dream, right? :rofl:

4 Likes

I am finding myself being more easily able to stick to this policy for fabric and paper lately. I can’t commit to 100%, but I keep catching myself before the actual purchase!

4 Likes

I can’t help but sift through the remnant bins…

2 Likes

OMG. Right? I do look most of the time! BUT I have been good at refusing lately. Mostly.

2 Likes

I have also been able to stop myself short of purchasing…especially online…I look and sometimes even fill my cart, but then I wait a day or two…and usually, by then, I find something else I am interested in…I am trying to control my impulse buying, which is a product of my mental state of boredom…

4 Likes

I have been known to give myself a “cooling off period” on an online shopping cart, too! Sometimes I remove a few things, sometimes I empty it.

3 Likes

Ditto on the cool down period on my fabric shopping cart!

3 Likes