2023 DeStash-Along

Just a partial skein, although I still have a bunch of it left. I could probably make a few more hedgehogs too.

1 Like

I also found some interesting looking boot toppers made with this yarn…looks like fur!

1 Like

All stash AND all leaving my house next week! WOO!

CookieTins2023-03

10 Likes

Very pretty! Love the layering! What do you use to stick to the metal tins?

1 Like

Thank you! I used Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Collage Medium - the one that comes in the bottle with the tiny spout.

2 Likes

Another all stash project… WOO! Also a 10.5-month-old WIP… WOO WOO!

7 Likes

Ahoy, Stash Busters! There’s a new badge for the makers with the mostest!

Lettuce Craft has six distinct categories for crafting and some of our most adventurous crafters have journeyed onto all of these boards. They are our Crafty Chameleons!

If you have posted 3 or more projects to each of the crafting categories:
Art
Home & Garden
Fashion & Wearables
Fiber & Textiles
Food & Drink
Paper & Vinyl Crafts

Send a message to @ moderators along with the links to your projects to claim your badge and have it activated!

4 Likes

That pillow is epic! Love the frills and skellies :purple_heart:

1 Like

Aw, thanks!

1 Like

I love it when you take an already extraordinary piece and make it into something even more extravagant! This is over the top with luscious fabrics and trims…and ruffles galore!

1 Like

You’re so sweet to say this! I will say I did a much better job sewing the pillow cover than stitching the cross stitch with is riddled with booboos!

2 Likes

I made 91 flowers for a shawl…all from stash…didn’t even make a dent…this is what is left, not including a bag of colors I didn’t even use…not sure what to make next…ideas?

8 Likes

Blankets use up alot of stash.

The cats can all be different colours.

This one needs a base colour bit still a great stashbuster.

3 Likes

The flowers look great, you are cruising along and will have that shawl done in a heartbeat!

I bought the pattern for the Amazing Technicolor Dreamsweater by Stephen West, which could be great for scraps if you’re in the mood for another garment. He has a lot of other fun funky patterns too that could eat up your yarn if so desired lol.

1 Like

Wow! those are great!

I love the Double A Design Blanket…not sure I want to do anything for a bit that requires all the end weaving…not my favorite part…BUT, it does use a lot of solids, which is what these are!

@sheepBlue …I have admired that sweater for some time! I will have to finish the two I have going first…with tax season approaching quickly, I might just need a break and start my art doodling classes…I need quick fixes when I am stressed! lol

1 Like

I totally get that! I’ve been doing some hats and earwarmers to break up the bigger projects

2 Likes

Hey Stash-busters! There’s a new LC Challenge. A great excuse to use up stash supplies to make yourself something cheerful and bright.

2 Likes

this isn’t exactly a destash, but a moral victory: there was a reallllllly tempting estate sale last weekend. 4 sewing machines, a serger, loads of thread cones, and.so.much.fabric. Just a few miles from my house.

I didn’t go! I didn’t go on Saturday, and I didn’t go on Sunday, even though we were just a mile away.

of course, I DID go to a different garage sale on Friday and bought some craft supplies…

10 Likes

Impressive restraint!

5 Likes

I have slowly been gathering all of my stash from various locations in my house. I started with my yarn stash and found a lot of hooks and needles with projects that I am going through and deciding if I want to finish them, frog them, or just pass them on.

I am also making the decision to not have to use up something just because I have it…so, I went through my acrylic yarn (mostly leftovers from other people, stuff I don’t do anymore, etc). I pulled out about 15 different yarns and using three at a time, crocheted this huge basket. I managed to empty a purchased basket to re-use it for workout clothing in my closet. I am now down to one bin of acrylic yarn. I will sort through that and if future projects are not there, I am going to get rid of it.

Crochet basket in progress, purchased basket I was emptying, and bin of the remaining acrylic yarn:

Completed basket:

Close up. I used several shades of aqua, marine blue, purple, and grey. By using three strands held together, it blended the yarns and also made the basket very sturdy. I put it in the guest room to hold beach towels for our visitors.

15 Likes