2023 DeStash-Along

Cute dress, and the colors are perfect for her. What kind of doll is that? She has the most precious facial expression.

1 Like

I have less crafting time lately, but I did get to do two projects from all stash in the last couple of days.

AmberMatchbox02

10 Likes

A few more stash-only paper projects: two more make-a-wish birthday matchboxes and a bunch of “handmade” tags. The stamps and their coordinating dies are new, but the papers were on hand.

AdrienneMatchbox

JohnMatchbox04

Handmade-ishTags01

8 Likes

Apologies! I forgot to post the themes earlier in the month, so you’ll find them below.

2 Likes

August

Color: Purple
Pattern: Curves and Swirls
For: Yourself. Make yourself a very merry UnBirthday Present. Especially if you normally craft for others. You deserve to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

5 Likes

This crazy beauty destashed…

• Lots of leftover quilt pieces, quilt squares, and stash fabric
  • A lone top sheet
  • A mattress pad
    and it will be donated so it won’t hang out in my house!
3 Likes

On Sunday, up walks my co-chair of the Knitting and Sewing Booth at our Holiday Fair. With two bags of donated yarn!

I said no thank you and didn’t even paw through the bags!

Whew…that was hard.

Sample image below:

10 Likes

That WAS hard! Well done!!

1 Like

I would have snatched up the Caron Simply Soft in one swoop…you are a stronger person than I…

3 Likes

I would have totally scooped it up. That kind of yarn is great for my charity hats I make for our city’s unhoused population. Won’t shrink if it gets wet.

1 Like

All I’ve wanted to knit this year are washcloths and doll sweaters. This hasn’t been great for destashing because I didn’t start the year with any cotton yarn in stash, and doll sweaters use about a quarter of a ball of sock yarn. That’s not going to put a dent in things any time soon.

Anywho, here’s the latest nonsense - the pattern was for a completely different size doll but I had fingering weight yarn and a mystery sock needle on hand instead of any of the materials/tools called for. Love the way it turned out.

11 Likes

I do as well! The colors work well together and I like the wee cuffs.

Probably should have gone down a size for the ribbing there but I only brought the one needle size with me on vacation. Living lazily dangerously!

2 Likes

OK! This one feels more like a “real” destash! I had a ramp that was built from scrap lumber to move a big tablesaw from Oregon to Montana last autumn. It’s 11.5’ long and 19" wide and must weigh over 100 pounds. A few changes and additions and now it’s a ramp for our aging dog to get up and down the deck stairs!

I also destashed some 1x8 boards for this. Used paint and primer on hand, as well as screws and staples. The only thing I bought was the outdoor carpet for traction. WOO!

14 Likes

Awww. Heck yeah for destashing for a good doggo!

It looks great, and I bet it makes her life easier.

1 Like

Oh she must love that.

1 Like

This is great!! Old Teddie-Dog here would like to petition to move to your house but I said no. So maybe I can figure out something similar here for her. Good on you!!

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone! She’s getting used to it, but I think she’ll adjust pretty quickly since she did for her bed ramp and her sofa stool.

2 Likes

The things we do for our animals! Nice repurpose to help your dog. I have a stack of boxes setup to help my old cat into the window.

1 Like