2024 DeStash Along

Wow. Great job!

1 Like

Impressive!

1 Like

What a lovely room for getting creative!

1 Like

WHOA! What an accomplishment! Just WOWZERS! I hope you find it easy to walk in there to create at a moment’s notice for as long as you’re able at that time!

1 Like

This would be such a fun class! And I have a similar struggle to destash - a lot of my creating is possible (successful?) because of my “abundant” stash.

1 Like

Spirit doll class results. Take a look. It was an amazing day. These women were so engaged and intentional it was an amazing experience to facilitate this class.
@TheMistressT It would take some though to do this as a LC class remotely. I will think on it.

3 Likes

It looks amazing!

1 Like

Amazing work! I am very jealous of all the wide open spaces you have.

1 Like

Your workshop looks fantastic!

Thank you friends for all your kind comments :sparkling_heart: I am so grateful for all of you and all the inspiration I have received from LC, over the years it has really helped me to push my creativity, and to make time and space for art and creative stuff.

Do you mean the 3 natural linen ones with the blue trim and decoration? They are super sturdy, I think they are simply squares sewn into a box, but beautifully made with solid interfacing, lining, and a patchwork binding on the top edge. They were made for me by the lovely and talented @Averia, a while back :smile:

Also featured are (top) the gorgeous batik fabric basket from the clever and delightful @anna.wahnsinn, (middle and bottom) the elegant dark navy Japanese fabric baskets from the brilliant and sweet @PrincessP, and the awesome tools and notions chicken made by the fabulous and generous @MightyMitochondria :smile: All wonderful and beautifully made!

Over the years I have gathered such a lovely collection of baskets, pouches, project bags, mug rugs, and other items from my creative friends. They’re not all in this photo or this room, but they’re all loved and used.

I’ve also set up my art in here with several little easels so I can easily swap out from my 4x6 art collection often. It’s like I’m crafting with friends all the time. I’ve been doing this for a while in our living space, but I found some more little easels recently. I don’t keep a lot of knickknacks out on display (I tend to rotate a few at a time), but I love having mini galleries everywhere!

11 Likes

Not a big destash but I sold a weaving book today. One of my goals is to thin out my weaving library but the task is daunting (mainly needing to price, photograph, and list like 100 books).

8 Likes

I remember those baskets, so happy to see them still in use!

5 Likes

So nice to see you Averia! :blue_heart:

1 Like

Slowly getting back on the craft train after hurting my wrist in January.

Finished a snuffle mat for my pup. I love it because it used up a WIP that was going nowhere, and a bunch of fleece fabric I had in stash with no plans.

I ran out of fleece to fill in the whole mesh body, but will continue when I can pick up some offcuts.

15 Likes

Cool! Izzy looks properly appreciative. Glad you’re able to do some crafting!

2 Likes

They are - they’ve been with me through a couple of house moves, they are great! Fantastic to see you Laura!

2 Likes

Cool idea! I hope your wrist is feeling much better :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

A couple more books sold this morning. I’ve got a good number of weaving books that are out of print/hard to find so if I can sell some of them it will be a good chunk of money (one sold for $70 this morning).

11 Likes

Nice! The temptation then is to spend it on more craft supplies.

2 Likes

I’m going to put it towards a beginning acrylic class I want to take in the spring (that of course I’ll need supplies for :joy:)

2 Likes