3st Place Award Ribbons for Quarantine Winners - Magnets

UPDATE: Originally posted on April Fools, 2021 under Fashion & Wearables, but these are not actually wearable; a little sharp and very flimsy.

TinRosettes09b

There are definitely those in my circle who are NAILING this quarantine thing! It’s been hard. They’ve faced challenge after challenge and risen above! They deserve an prestigious award that everyone can see… when they someday leave their homes.

They’re a little sharp, but hey we’re all grownups and allowed to do things like drive cars and cut avocados with knives. I made 6 - all from various beverage cans and tops accumulated from Quarantine activities such as staying hydrated, occasional treats, and day-drinking.

I got an award Ribbon Bigz die set for my Sizzix to cut the aluminum and also used various embossing folders on the cut pieces.

I recently got a big long-reach hole punch/eyelet setter from We R Memory Makers to punch holes and then used my brad stash to attach most of the pieces. I dug up old metal punch sets I have had for years and years to make the “3st” place marks and then filled them in with an ultra fine sharpie.

Two-thirds also have smashed bottle tops.

Instead of a pin back, they have a magnet to keep from poking holes in winners’ outfits. Then a super strong magent to go inside clothes (not pictured).

18 Likes

These are all winners in my book! Love it!

2 Likes

Nothing says quarantine winner like 3st place! Lovely pieces and they can double as a weapon if someone isn’t social distancing enough!

3 Likes

3st place? Love it!

1 Like

You have to be hardcore to win one of those!

2 Likes

Ooh I like the social distancing weapon option…! These are great!

1 Like

Thanks, friends!

They are surprisingly unsharp. I’m not saying you couldn’t cut yourself, but it might take some doing. What they are, though, is really fragile! It turns out that a soda can, once the top and bottom are cut off, is really quite flimsy!

These are so super cool!!

1 Like

These are seriously awesome! I love the colors.

1 Like

Thanks, friends!

It’s surprisingly hard to find something I would want to drink that has a fun design on its can!

2 Likes

I didn’t realize at first that the dangling ribbons were also metal! Quarantine winners, indeed.

1 Like

Almost everything on them is metal! Some of the brads have other material on them and some of the embossing actually cut into the metal, so I backed those pieces with cardstock, but it turns out 3st Place is the Most Metal Award! :metal:

1 Like

those are amazing!!! they make me 3sty.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: Thanks!

1 Like

These rock my socks!

1 Like

Awww, you! Thanks!