50 Projects, More or Less, 2024

They don’t smell bad, but they also don’t smell good. I can’t put my finger on it. I thought they would hilariously smell like chocolate, but that’s not it. I think he’ll laugh and that’s what’s important. :smile:

1 Like

Then how did you scratch it? :rofl:

6 Likes

Bwahahaha! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

bravo to you for even attempting to smell them.

1 Like

I’m in! Never joined one of these before!

Work in Progress

On pause for now

To Do:
Sock Monkey for my son
Baby receiving blanket
Buttons

Completed

Chupacabra Drawstring Gift Bag
Dino Girl Doll
Artsy Purse
Mended 2 toys
Bleach Dye Hoodie
1920s flapper girl

5 Likes

I made mini cupcakes ! 32 of them !
I also made some oreo cheesecake cookies with this recipe but not as much :laughing:

8 Likes

I have in my list that I’m going to organize my craft room, but I texted my organizer again today (I texted her a couple weeks ago) and she still hasn’t responded.
I feel… rejected. Dejected about being rejected? :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Uh, I’m deeply concerned butt also LMAO

1 Like

Oh no!! There’s something about an organiser who hasn’t organised responding to a client that is … worrying? ironic? very human?

I hope it won’t bother you too much. Are there things you can tackle without her?

2 Likes

I need a body double to help me with my craft room, I can ask one of my friends.

I looked at my organizer’s company FB page and Insta and there haven’t been any new posts since December. I’m hoping that she’s alright. I would totally be fine with a “I can’t rn, maybe in a couple months” text.

4 Likes

That is very curious. I hope they are alright and I hope for you that you can continue your mission without this derailing you. I know I saw such a pleased response from you when you did previous parts of this plan. Good luck!

2 Likes

Oh dear, I hope it’s nothing to worry about. That’s a good idea to enlist a friend - that would help keep up momentum for you.

1 Like

I very much have a momentum problem depending on how much I want to work on the project. Sometimes I get very excited to start a project but if I can’t finish it within whatever made-up time period my brain decides, I lose interest entirely. I’m concerned that if I drag everything out of my craft room, I’ll have to stop for something like “taking care of my family” (:laughing:) then I’ll get sidetracked and not touch it again unless absolutely necessary.

On a positive note, I finished my latch hook kit!

5 Likes

Oh, Brains, why are you like this? (I say, avoiding working on several projects I’m theoretically excited about…)

3 Likes

I was just thinking about this earlier today! Why in the world do I procrastinate on the stuff I’m excited to do!? I never did figure it out, lol.

4 Likes

When you figure it out, you will be a genius to all! I have done that my entire life…I think part of it is the excitement of the pressure…can you beat the clock? But, once I get going, I then become so hyper focused that I forget to sleep, eat, or even answer the phone! I can’t think of anything else except to get it done…I have accepted that I am wired that way and have managed to deal with it, but it is still annoying when I think about it!

5 Likes

I procrastinate a lot too! For me, I think it often goes back to perfectionism - I don’t want to mess it up so I put off making a start. It’s a lot easier to keep going once I’ve started, but then if I’ve put a project aside for too long, it’s a challenge again …

6 Likes

Yeah, same here. If I dont start the project, it will always work out perfect! If I do start it, it might not be perfect. But once I start, its fun and it will become something at least.

5 Likes

I know that perfectionism and procrastination are linked. We just need to be more forgiving of ourselves as mistakes are not the end of the world! I saw that @TheMistressT posted that a mistake is like a bruise, not a tattoo…I need to put that up on my wall!

6 Likes

This does not surprise me. I’m trying to get better with it, but I can do pretty much anything else instead of putting away laundry.

5 Likes