ALL NEW, REIMAGINED Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring 2024

Loving the new format, and positively swooning over @Moonflame Hufflepuff mittens!

1 Like

Glad to see you @fishstix43!

1 Like

Prompt/Challenge Title: Privet Drive
Project Name & Page Link: Black/Grey Basket
Team: The Quibbler
Brief Description: Some of my socks were taking over the top of my dresser, so I made a basket to keep them in one spot. I based it on this pattern, but made it smaller and folded the sides over to make it sturdier. Not the most interesting project, but necessary! :grin:

5 Likes

Perfect Privet Drive submission!

1 Like

I love your little basket! And may I say, what a good idea to have a sock basket on the dresser. My socks seem to gather there, too!

1 Like

Prompt/Challenge Title: Slug & Jiggers
Project Name & Page Link: Monkey Ice Cream
Team: Daily Prophet (seems okay for Book 1)
Brief Description: Ice cream recipes use liquids, so this seemed appropriate for Slug & Jiggers. It turned out quite tasty!

4 Likes

Looks delicious!

1 Like

Great basket, @jellybean! My stray socks are currently occupying a cardboard box, but your basket is a far classier receptacle.

Homemade ice cream is such a treat! My DH was just saying the other day that he would love for me to make some again (we were cleaning out the pantry and relocated the ice cream maker). It looks really yummy, @endymion.

3 Likes

We’re off to a great start this term, so let’s look at what’s happening.

Ministry Bean Counter’s Update!

:sparkles: :unicorn: :beers: :owl: :zap: :broom: :mage: :sparkles: :european_castle: :octopus: :zap: :books: :crystal_ball: :sparkles: :unicorn: :beers: :owl: :zap: :broom: :mage: :sparkles: :european_castle: :octopus: :zap: :books: :crystal_ball: :sparkles:

:woman_mage: Witch Weekly :mage: :crystal_ball: :man_mage:
1 Reader, with 30 Beans, for an average of 30 Beans per reader.

:newspaper_roll: Daily Prophet :newspaper_roll: :owl: :newspaper_roll:
1 Reader, with 10 Beans, for an average of 10 Beans per reader.

:cyclone: The Quibbler :cyclone: :sparkles: :cyclone:
2 Readers, with 40 Beans, for an average of 20 Beans per reader.

:cloud: Which Broomstick
0 Reader, with 0 Beans, for an avearge of 0 Beans per reader.

:sparkles: :unicorn: :beers: :owl: :zap: :broom: :mage: :sparkles: :european_castle: :octopus: :zap: :books: :crystal_ball: :sparkles: :unicorn: :beers: :owl: :zap: :broom: :mage: :sparkles: :european_castle: :octopus: :zap: :books: :crystal_ball: :sparkles:

Now let’s keep the momentum going! What are you all working on today? I’m currently ironing rows of blocks on my Halloween quilt.

4 Likes

I’m slogging through a slow afternoon on the job wishing I was home working on my reading journal or continuing to shovel out tidy my craft space.

3 Likes

Made a pair of earrings for my adult son, and also mended one of his sweaters, but those were pretty quick projects, so they won’t count for points. Gathering supplies to do swap-related crafting this afternoon.

3 Likes

I think my 50 projects list will fit with this craftalong. I like how the prompts were crafted. I’ve read through the first post probably five times!
I’m not a big Harry Potter fan, but I enjoyed reading the books and watching the movies. Prisoner of Azkaban was my fav.
So… I think I’ll join?

7 Likes

Heck yeah! Welcome to the HPC @irid3sc3nt!

2 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: King’s Cross Station
Team: Which Broom
Brief Description: I have crafted a little thing for my bestie. He needs a mugrug, with some bright pink in it! :smiley:

Prompt/Challenge Title: The Black Lake
Brief Description: This little piece had lots of steps. Sew, iron, sew, iron again… No pattern used, just making things up as I went. This is for one of my brothers.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Crafter’s choise
Brief Description: The houses was from a round robin years ago (I have made 3 in this wall hanging), and they have been laying of a shelf for all this time. Now I decided to make a wall hanging of them, and Im quite pleased with how it turned out!
(Please let me know if it wont count since the houses have been a UFO for quite some time)

6 Likes

I love the houses with the adorable animal buttons! So sweet!

2 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: Gringott’s
Project Name & Page Link: Easter Socks
Team: Daily Prophet
Brief Description: This luxurious (and colorful) yarn was a real splurge, but the colors called to me. but, I needed a cheerful project for the darkest days of the year.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Eeylops Owl Emporium
Project Name & Page Link: A Hood for the Doggo
Team: Daily Prophet
Brief Description: It has been bitterly cold, and my sweet doggo doesn’t have the warmest of fur coats. He has extra coats, but nothing to protect his head and neck from the chill. Potty breaks are very quick these days. However, he was not at all pleased to have something over his ears. Working on a cowl, now, lol.

7 Likes

The socks looks great! So colorful and nice!
And yeah, doggo doesnt look really pleased, but good to protect his ears and neck!

1 Like

He let us put it on a few times, but he’s decided to be done with it (except as a toy). It didn’t help that DS1 was laughing hysterically when he took this picture. :joy:

1 Like

Aaw, poor doggo! Being laughed at. Its not easy being a dog. :sweat_smile: But maybe a cowl will work better for him :smiley:

1 Like

Oh, look at the little face! Such a great expression.
I love the colorful yarn for those socks!

1 Like