ALL NEW, REIMAGINED Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring 2024

I have no idea how they invented the hook, though!

I saw latchhook pencil cases on amazon. I think it would be fun to complete one of those then brush out the yarn. Fuzzy case! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

It came out great!

1 Like

I was also wondering how latchhook would look if you brushed out the yarn. You might have to trim it down a little first…

1 Like

Okay, I’m going to add one of those kits to my list. It sounds so fun and I have a brush that works very well on yarn. The bristles are like steel wool if you straightened it.

It looks great! I made a couple latchhooks when I was younger - one was turned into a decorative pillow and I think the other was crammed back into its box. :grin:

1 Like

Prompt/Challenge Title: Slug & Jiggers Apothecary
Project Name & Page Link: Easy Homemade Ramen
Team: The Quibbler
Brief Description: I used a lot of liquid to made this homemade ramen! I used this recipe, and it turned out really well! My egg does look funny because I hit it too hard when I tried to crack the shell and just broke it in half. :laughing:

Prompt/Challenge Title: The Black Lake
Project Name & Page Link: Twix Cookies
Brief Description: There were many steps to create these cookies! I used this recipe and ended up with 33 cookies. Using parchment paper on the baking sheets worked really well to keep them from sticking - I’ll have to remember to try it next time I make cookies too! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I use parchment paper all. the. time. Tater tots, homemade pizza, cake bottoms, stromboli, it’s all parchment paper. Except for bacon. Cleanup is still easier if you cook it on aluminum foil with a lip on a baking sheet.

Mmm jammy egg!

2 Likes

OMG, how have I never heard of Twix Cookies?!?! Those look delicious!

1 Like

We have a very similar ramen recipe that’s one of our go-tos! The softboiled egg is just DA BEST.

1 Like

It made cleanup so much easier! I don’t know why I haven’t tried it before. I’ve had a roll of parchment paper for years. :laughing:

1 Like

Prompt/Challenge Title: Molly’s Housecraft Challenge: Scrap Busting
Project Name & Page Link: Picnic Quilt
Brief Description: I made a wonky quilt from 99% stash (I had to buy more thread). It’s a bit of a mess because it was thrown together, but it’s just for sitting out in the yard, so it will still protect me from grass stains and dirt. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It looks cozy and homey. Molly Weasley would whole heartedly approve.

3 Likes

All your food projects look so yummy! And the quilt looks so perfect for a picnic or for laying on the grass, looking at the stars.

1 Like

Wonky quilts are my favorite quilts, and yours is lovely!

1 Like

I like it! Did you put a little tag in the top right corner? How big is it?

1 Like

Yes, I had some tags, so I added one with a cat on it:

The quilt is ~ 43" x 38" and the tag is 1 1/8" x 5/8" before sewing it in.

4 Likes

The tag is so cute! I like the little flowers on the fabric! It reminds me of some scraps that my mom gave me. They are part of the “good stuff” fabric shoebox.

1 Like

I love this quilt project both for it’s own merits and also as encouragement to just do some sewing for the doing of it and getting things done. I hope you get lots of fun use out of it!

2 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: Cupboard Under the Stairs
Project Name & Page Link: Second Soot Sprite Coaster
Team: Quibbler
Brief Description Still wonky, but improving. Mailing this and the second Totoro one to another daughter. :slight_smile:

Prompt/Challenge Title: Dudley’s Second Bedroom
Project Name & Page Link: Darned Socks
Brief Description Love these socks, but I always put a hole in my socks - strange toe I guess. I took the time to darn a few pairs. It’s oddly satisfying to wear something I’ve mended to extend its life.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Paddington Station
Project Name & Page Link: Second Totoro Coaster
Brief Description Another Totoro to mail to another daughter. :slight_smile: This one is round so that it can serve as a car coaster.

Prompt/Challenge Title: The Black Lake
Project Name & Page Link: Rolife Mini Bakery
Brief Description There were a lot of steps to creating this, but every bit of it was a joy! Great kit!

There’s even a little light you wire up!!

Prompt/Challenge Title: Crafter’s Choice
Project Name & Page Link: Rolife Mini Coffee Shop
Brief Description This Rolife kit is from the Super Creator series. There are not as many steps to this line as the kind in the above post. As with the other Rolife kit, it was a delight to make!

6 Likes

You reminded me that I have a mini kit that my friend purchased for me! Thank you, I’m adding it to my project list. I don’t think it’s as big as the ones you have made here!

1 Like