ATCoin Swap - Gallery S/U 10/26-11/9-21, S/O 11/30/21

Those rock! I got mine from @megwell today! It might be tomorrow until I can get pics, though. They’re worth the wait, y’all!

My envelope was also open. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Well, lesson learned: Don’t try to package your ATCoins in an ATC pocket strip if you don’t want the post office to get suspicious :roll_eyes:.

On a happier note, I received from @Cyn-energy today! Envelope intact! :+1:t2:

She chose my InspiroBot, snark, and artist’s choice themes. My photos aren’t quite showing off the sparkliness of them or the cool transparent window of the heart. I’ve been spoiled by my partners…thanks for a great swap!

7 Likes

I received a great package from @geekgirl today!
I’m going to plop in the photos and switch to my desktop to type in comments

The complete package - I love the adorable kitty card, and these stickers are amazing :heart_eyes: plants and planets, oh my. :heart:

I love this soft neutral card, with the adorable mushroom detail. Check out all the layering here, with the gold dashes on the border, and outlining the mushrooms. Just beautifully done.

This guy is popping in to say “who” me? :grin:

The colors on this happy heart make my heart sing. This looks like maybe some gelli plate work? along with penwork.

This dashing guy is on an animal-print-esque background. I love it! I realized after the fact that the lettering for these little suckers is a challenge, because you have to either have tiny letter stamps or pre-print messages. This is beautifully done.

Thank you so much @geekgirl !!

6 Likes

Oh! In my case, it just looks like the adhesive on the envelope failed so they taped it shut.

Amazing 'coins received by you two! WOW!

@Cyn-energy That heart window is so clever! All the layering and details on the set… whoa.

@geekgirl Such tiny aming details! The weensy mushrooms are astounding and that owl… well it gives me a good giggle.

1 Like

Well, look at the great ATCoins that were in my PO box this morning! EEP!

@megwell Hit it out of the park with my toadstool/mushroom, postal/airmail, and humorous takes themes! There are so many layers and such detailed tiny cuts! THANK YOU so much for swapping with me and helping me start my ATCoin collection.

7 Likes

Glad you like them! I started to worry that I’d missed the brief on thickness on all of mine when I saw some of the other coins in the gallery…

Oh, wait, that was probably me then! Given the droplet-transmitted pandemic, I’ve started taping envelopes shut rather than licking the adhesive just to help avoid the potential for unwanted swap extras. In theory, at least; it’s probably overkill, but psychologically it helps :laughing:.

2 Likes

I received from @pioneer9 - pics later tonight!

1 Like

Oh, I getcha. I have been getting my finger wet with water and then running it over envelopes.

1 Like

Here’s how mine arrived :worried:I miss our world-class postal service, I feel like they’ve been largely dismantled and those left are struggling.

From the fabulous @pioneer9

Books/reading/libraries

And San Francisco and 1960’s music

One prompt I added to my list (see my post in the Art Journal craft-along thread) is to use handmade embellishments. I’m already pondering what background to make and how to feature ATCoins….

Thanks so much Valerie!

9 Likes

Here are the ATCoins I received from @pioneer9!

She chose my themes of Star Wars, The Moon, and Positive Affirmations/Quotes! I love them! Thank you so much!

PS - Why didn’t I think to select three different themes, lol…I did all three in variations of one theme. Live and learn.

8 Likes

I received from @geekgirl and she spoiled me!

Snarky and human-animal hybrid

Books and positive vibes

And a few extras….

Thanks again for a fun swap!

7 Likes

Wow! This gallery blew up! So much creativity on these tiny coins.

Hearts with wings and krampus (ala Bobs Burgers)
Beautiful colors and I love the tiny wings that fold out. I’m in love!

From @pioneer9
Fantastic rendition of my favorite characters!
Ain’t beaker sweet?!

9 Likes

I received an amazing set of coins from @curiousfae She delivered coins for my Superstore theme, cute monsters theme, and mushrooms/toadstools theme.

Superstore front

Superstore back

Cute Monster - Inspiration from Pinterest

Mushroom - Look at those beautiful details and splatters! Gorgeous!!!

9 Likes

I received two sets in the past few days… apologies for not posting pictures sooner! Life’s been crazy.

From @Abbeeroad on my blackbirds theme:

And from @Smmarrt with mixed media (and a blackbird):

Thank you both so much!

6 Likes

I got some great coins from @Cyn-energy and @Smmarrt !

From Cyn-energy
Jupiter for my space theme, Elmo from Disenchantment! My first Disenchantment themed ATC / coin!
And a snarky one.

I have to admit I was actually yawning when I read it and it made me laugh while yawning lol.
These are great Cyn! Love the colors and the detailed backgrounds.

From Smmarrt
My steampunk theme, snark, and a Discworld quote.

The steampunk one as lots of little die cut gears/cogs and a cute little girl wit a copter cap.

The snarky one gives me a zetti vibe. Love the black and white on the colorful background.

And the texture on the Discworld one is gorgeous stuff! Looks like joint tape and corrugated cardboard and whatever medium Smmarrt used gives it a glazed look.

Great job as always Smmarrt!

And look at this awesome card

9 Likes

Elfo!! :heart:

2 Likes

Wow! Fabulous sets. That watercolor one really caught my eye @Cyn-energy. I gotta know how you did that beautiful swirl look.

WOW! I’ve been barely online for a few days and this gallery has blown up with beauties! :bomb: It’s really fun to see all the variety in materials, methods, and expressions of the themes! And I keep thinking, “Oh! And then these are so tiny!” It was really an honor to get to be part of this swap so full of great artists. I’m humbled.

I have a similar feeling! Mine have a couple of the themes used on each coin, but all three coins using the same couple. I do think that either I misinterpreted my internet search results for ATCoins OR I was misled! :thinking: :grin:

1 Like