Beet Malls and Bowling Balls: Swap ATCs

I made a couple of cards for the January ongoing ATC swap.

For @fluffypants and her “put on a song & draw what it makes you think of” theme:

It’s a mash-up of the actual theme of the song (astronaut) and the fact that my introduction to it was as the S1 theme song to Ed (big city lawyer moves home & buys a bowling alley).

For @Lynx’s “cloudy with a chance of” theme:

I think I just sort of reversed/spoonerized “meatballs,” expecting it to be nonsensical. When I realized that was “beet malls” . . . well, I couldn’t let it go :laughing:.

Thanks for looking!

12 Likes

These are great!

2 Likes

Fantastic! Your brain comes up with very entertaining things!

1 Like

And for the sake of this ATC, I for one am so glad that’s the direction you went because this is indeed, very entertaining :blush:.
I love the background on the bowling ball card and the texture on the bowling ball really draws my eye. It’s makes for a great foreground piece!
Also, very catchy post title :grin:.

1 Like

Super creative and fun! Love your lettering on the bowling ball.

1 Like

I like how textural they are. The best one’s stores make me laugh.

1 Like

Thanks so much, everyone! I think these are some of my favorites that I’ve made recently.

Thank you for saying that, because it didn’t quite work out like I’d envisioned.

I had a lot of fun with that. I toyed around coming up with a third punny one, but they were all too-far stretches. And ultimately it was funnier to me that even beets just have regular old Claire’s.

4 Likes

So clever to combine the song and your personal association with hearing it. The beet mall is adorable. Really fun set of ATCs!

1 Like