Box of Whimsies/ Miniature gallery

Oh my goodness! This gallery is fantastic. :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Guys, I received from the amazing @MissingWillow and my package to her is SOOOO inadequate. I got spoiled sooooo much. So grab a drink and a snack and check out the show…

This lovely charcuterie table! OMGosh cuteness overload!! I forgot to get a pic of the cabochon on the side that she got in Lisbon… beautiful!

Inside that was an odd Victorian collection which freaking MADE MY DAY! I dig this sooooo hard!

She sent a baggie full of fun! Those fish are my faves!

Check out this pantry cabinet! swoon!

And a pic of all the goodies inside:

She sent some mismatched jewelry for my tinkering addiction:

Some AMAZING clay canes for everything from licorice allsorts to sushi to cupcakes! :heart:

She also sent along this amazing box of goodness! That little baggie you see is full of tiny paper cutlery! Ahhhhhmazing stuff!!

A closeup of some faves! The tiny clothespin is embellished! Ack! The detail!! Look how tiny that Snickers bar is! And the jar of magic! It has the teeniest butterfly on the lid!

And this super fancy book- you can actually READ it! Wow!

What an amazing package you sent! Thank you so very, very much! And now I’ll just allow the swap anxiety to swallow me whole, because this was just a stunner of a package! Perfect in every way!! :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

8 Likes

Oh my gosh! There is so much eye candy. I don’t know where to look. :heart_eyes: I think the “things people swallowed” display is my favorite.

3 Likes

Right??? :star_struck:

And here’s the cabochon I mentioned earlier:

4 Likes

I’m so happy everything arrived intact! Let me share some of my resources if anyone is interested. The fish and glow in the dark duck are from Oriental Trading. A lot of the resin items are vase filler, including the glow in the dark bones. The Spam is made from a dollhouse brick. I just recently discovered resin butterfly nail embellishments. That is also what the poly clay canes are. That book was hard! I don’t have a good tolerance for super fussy stuff. If anyone wants to give it a try, I used a tutorial from Thicketworks Studio.

4 Likes

Resin butterfly nail embellishments? That’s what that tiny butterfly is??? Oh be still my miniature-adoring heart! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I am fascinated by the food stuff you make, @MissingWillow! So detailed and tiny…that tray looks too real and is filled with goodies I would like on a tray…tiny kiwi, olives, cheeses…just fabulous!

3 Likes

I got my whimsies from @bugaboo yesterday, but didn’t get to open it until tonight (because we went to Phoenix and bought an RV!)

There were crocheted octopi, wooden letters and shapes, and a bunch of fun fairy goodies:

Beads and button; I can’t decide if I like the dressform button or the skull button better:

And the beautiful fairy magic box, crafted with real birch bark from Stephanie’s yard:

Wonderful goodies, thank you so much!

10 Likes

Cute! The octopi and gnome people are adorable.

1 Like

Having some serious button envy. :star_struck:

Also, some RV envy. :wink:

2 Likes

I received from @Bunny1kenobi today and she blew me away! The box is so pretty and was filled to the brim!
Whimsies! I adore the little tea kettle and those glass bottles are some I do not have in my stash.
Teensy tiny things! I already have ideas on how to use a few of them.
Buttons and beads!
Ack! Polymer clay slices to add to my collection (I needed more flowers for a project). Those tiny animals are killing me!
A little treasure chest full of keys and charms, Swiss cheese that looks real, some skeins of wood, a clay pot and a box of donuts!
Inside the box… donuts. I love these little plates, how on earth are they made?
When I first opened this little cabinet, I thought at first glance that it was my box and how clever to decorate a box like an apothecary cabinet. But no, it’s a freaking apothecary cabinet!
Like with drawers that open and everything! Holy moly, I would never tackle a project like this. It’s going to have a place of honor in my miniatures display until I can figure out a scene to build around it. Thank you so much!!!

7 Likes

All of those drawers were made to open?!!! Epic!

That box of donuts kills me…lol…looks good enough to eat!

Yeah…and how are those tiny plates made? They look like they have sparkly on them!

2 Likes

The donuts, yarn, and teeny bottle buttons are a delight. That apothecary cabinet is just phenomenal! Folding and gluing all those drawers must have taken forever! I bet you are already thinking about how to fill each tiny drawer. :heart:

3 Likes

Whoa! I have been missing the action. You guys, these whimsies and minis are so freaking adorable. I just have to say though… that apothacary cabinet… I am making a mental note to tackle something like that down the road. So. Freaking. Awesome.

4 Likes

Awww… thanks guys! I’ve wanted to make an apothecary cabinet for a long time. I made a super tiny one for my miniature lab but this one was extra fun! I made the pattern for this one and printed the drawers out on my computer, which made things easier.

The black plates came from the bottom of a plastic container of pastries that I bought. Then I used some nail stickers to pretty them up. You should have received 4 of them, @MissingWillow… I hope they are all there!

I know that some of the little bits and bobs are somewhat odd but I thought they might be things that could help you make some miniatures.

4 Likes

Yep, two were stuck together! Yay, more plates to play with! I love tiny bits and bobs. I’ve had some of the teensy items for the Victorian macabre display in my stash for 11 years.

4 Likes

what an amazing gallery! I regret not signing up now!

1 Like

I received from @MightyMitochondria and she totally spoiled me!
Look at what she made me! Seriously! Could this be any more awesome?

Look at all these goodies! What is really funny is we sent each other some of the same whimsies.

Thank you so much! Everything is so wonderful! I love it all!

8 Likes

That little display is awesome! I love the tiny Kid Cuisine box.

1 Like

I think there’s a good chance that we’ll do this swap again in the future! :wink:

3 Likes