Box of Whimsies/ Miniature gallery

I’m so glad you like it! A few of the items broke loose in transit. Here is a photo to show their original positions.

The Kid’s Cuisine box was my daughter’s toy. It opens! Also, I really wanted that candelabra in the potions cabinet, but I just could NOT make it work! :frowning:

Also, I’m dying to know what item we sent to each other! The suspense!

6 Likes

That needs a separate thread!

2 Likes

The portions cabinet is AWESOME!!! And I spy some pretty intriguing like bits and bobs in there…

1 Like

Microscope slides are an awesome miniature-making item!

1 Like

What can you make with microscope slides? I have loads of ancient slide specimens that are probably from the 80’s or earlier.

1 Like

I’m picturing shelves for various furnishings, an aquarium (although it would require a lot of resin to fill it), a sliding glass door… there could be some pretty cool applications.

2 Likes

Brilliant ideas!

See the pie/pastry shelf on the right? Those glass shelves are microscope slides.

7 Likes

Oh! That’s awesome!

1 Like

The tiny mousetrap!

And, I spotted a baby yo-yo! :heart:

1 Like

I love that tiny mousetrap

2 Likes

It’s like an ISpy game!!! :star_struck::hugs:

1 Like

OMG everything is so amazing!!!

2 Likes

Oh wow. I love the little cabinet of curiosities. :green_heart:

1 Like

Super!!!

I’m especially fond of the small pink bear! lol!! All those great goodies, and it’s the little bear that gets me! :wink:

2 Likes

A magical bakery!!

2 Likes

Ooh the blue & white tiles are glorious!

1 Like

I somehow totally missed that this was a swap gallery.
So I’m sorry for barging in right at the beginning, LOL.

3 Likes

I received from Bugaboo today, she sent me some lovely tiny things, many I never knew existed! Check out the coffee and mini donuts. Can you believe the size of those teensy goblets?? Love the gnome figures and those mushroom picks!
A selection of buttons and fun flamingo and pineapple trims.
She included some tiny stamps and wood shapes to embellish.
Brads and shells and some gelatin tablets with a surprise growing toy inside. I was just searching my medicine cabinet for gelatin tablets. I want to make mini salt and pepper shakers out of them.
Cocktail stickers!
She crocheted me the tiniest miniature baguette basket, isn’t it darling? I need to make some mini baguettes to fill it with! Those tiny doilies are to die for, I tell ya. I use some I found at Michaels on occasion in my miniatures but they are nowhere near as fine as these are.
And here is the lovely box it (most) all came in. It reminds me of Aboriginal art and I love it.
Thank you so much @Bugaboo!

6 Likes

I received from @Smmarrt yesterday and prepare yourself for the bounty that is her swap package. Seriously. She outdid herself. Lots of photos!
Thank you so much Smmarrt! I feel so spoiled!

First, here is the box. I mentioned that I love things that would be at home in a hobbit hole and she gave me an actual hobbit hole!
Here’s what was inside said box:
So many bits and bobs to explore. But wait! Check out this bag of goodies!
Here’s ANOTHER bag full of stickers and paper goodness
More goodies, (yes that little notebook is made out of a coffee sleeve! Smmarrt is our master book maker!)
And my favorites are in a SECOND box. Hand made bowls and mushroom! :heart::heart::heart:

Thank you Smmarrt!!!

5 Likes