Challenge chain, post your completed challenges here, and chat about the challenges

Love all of those projects! And boy did those two days rush by, I did not manage to tackle my challenge (the serger) yet. Means I picked it well I guess. I’ll stick with it, I really don’t want to let it rot in that box, and I want to play with all of that fabric I kept buying.

1 Like

I accepted @Cindy awesome prompt of PIGGIES and amde this gem
Piggie pot holder

Piggie butt! :pig: :peach:

14 Likes

Your piggy is adorable :smiley:

1 Like

@GabeTheQuacker I love the bingo game!!! Might have to make a version of this for my family! Thanks for the inspiration!

@audity Your monsters are awesome!!! You could start a whole new LC trend! We’ll have Kwality monsters and Audity monsters! Lol!

I do like the sound of that!!

1 Like

I claimed @calluna challenge of old to new. I had picked up on old cast iron skillet in the salvage yard… My challenge was to restore it and make Aussie damper in it, over an open fire.
Before:

After (actually this was after a couple of goes through the fire) it worked really well-doesn’t look great in the middle, but that’s just some flour-i forgot to take a photo when it came out of the oven after seasoning

Damper! (Second attempt-the first one looked like charcoal)

It has a thread here Aussie damper cooked over an open fire

11 Likes

WHAT??!! Incrediballs!

Both of these are for someone here so I will just show a teeny bit of “Cat” and “Naughty”. I’m still working on “Bee” and “T.V.”, those are bigger projects.

12 Likes

I so wish I could have a firepit or an outdoor fireplace or oven in my yard, but city fire codes won’t allow it (we have a lot of old wood frame houses stacked fairly close togethe, so I get it but… :frowning: ). I’m impressed @Edel with how different your skillet looks! How much time did you spend attacking it with the wire brush?

@bethntim, I love your little piggie! I have a friend from college who used to collect pigs, and I know she would have loved it back in the day. She doesn’t collect them anymore. But, I could still make her one…hah!

@Magpie, I love your little teaser shots. Can’t wait to see the completed items!

I made absolutely no progress today on my assemblage. After I finished my school obligations, I had to run out to pick up a food order. But, I had an almost flat tire, and my car battery keeps dying on me, so I went to the garage around the corner… it was the most unsafe I’ve felt in a month. If I get the virus, I bet I picked it up there, even though I washed my hands as soon as I got home and then went and sanitized the car, too. But, at least if I have to go get tested, my car will be able to take me! Oh, the irony…

1 Like

Surprisingly little, obviously I used the drill to make it go faster, but only about ten minutes.

I washed it in soapy water, then oiled it all over, baked it in an oven at 170C (about 350f) for an hour and let it cool down in the oven. I was surprised at how good it looked when it came out. Because I probably didn’t take it fully back to bare metal.

2 Likes

Wow! That was quick! I have a collection of cast iron bread molds and once I get my kitchen redone, I’d like to put them on display (on a VERY sturdy shelf). But, they’ve been tucked up in my attic in milk crates, and I fear that they will have suffered for it, so knowing they can be cleaned up so nicely and relatively easily makes me happy.

1 Like

Way easier than I thought it would be. But the wire brush on the drill made all the difference.

Cast iron bread moulds sound awesome

Huh how did I miss those awesome new posts? :upside_down_face:

Anyway, what a fun and pretty book mark @Edel! And you did a fab job on the cast iron skillet!

What an amazing transformation @calluna! Wow!!

Love the purple bag you made @Cindy

Haha, your bingo card is so funny @GabeTheQuacker

@audity your monsters are cute and fun weird! Love them!

Aww, what a sweet piggie pot holder @bethntim

4 Likes

I claimed @wendiek for sunflowers
We had an ‘art’ lesson outside.

15 Likes

Awesome idea, these came out great! It would absolutely make my day to pass by your sunflowers on a walk :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you.
We live on a dead end, so don’t get many people walking past. The wall I used faces the end, which is where most people do come from.
I turned it into an ‘art’ lesson. DS1 did this on the same wall

And DS2 did this next to the front door

We used poster/ready mixed/school washable paints so we shouldn’t get into trouble with the landlord :crossed_fingers:

13 Likes

Excellent way to meet that challenge! Love that you guys are posting things you can do as a family…kids are in a whole new world now, but art and appreciating the small things are lessons they can learn.

1 Like

I love this! So cheerful :smiley:

1 Like

These are so pretty! It brightens up the area and your mood! Great job!

I claimed HEROES, and made these three masks for the heroes helping with health care in our communities:

I haven’t gotten to my “Stretch Yourself” project yet, but I will soon!!

12 Likes