Challenge chain, post your completed challenges here, and chat about the challenges

that green monster is FANTASTIC

Those are fabulous monsters!

Thanks for the laugh…I peek out my window as I work, craft and watch tv…believe it or not, I did see a hot air balloon! Some sort of marketing stunt or maybe a video of some sort going on…

We don’t have telephone poles…all of our wires are underground…you do have some clever things and here is hoping you win at BINGO!

Love all of those projects! And boy did those two days rush by, I did not manage to tackle my challenge (the serger) yet. Means I picked it well I guess. I’ll stick with it, I really don’t want to let it rot in that box, and I want to play with all of that fabric I kept buying.

1 Like

I accepted @Cindy awesome prompt of PIGGIES and amde this gem
Piggie pot holder

Piggie butt! :pig: :peach:

14 Likes

Your piggy is adorable :smiley:

1 Like

@GabeTheQuacker I love the bingo game!!! Might have to make a version of this for my family! Thanks for the inspiration!

@audity Your monsters are awesome!!! You could start a whole new LC trend! We’ll have Kwality monsters and Audity monsters! Lol!

I do like the sound of that!!

1 Like

I claimed @calluna challenge of old to new. I had picked up on old cast iron skillet in the salvage yard… My challenge was to restore it and make Aussie damper in it, over an open fire.
Before:

After (actually this was after a couple of goes through the fire) it worked really well-doesn’t look great in the middle, but that’s just some flour-i forgot to take a photo when it came out of the oven after seasoning

Damper! (Second attempt-the first one looked like charcoal)

It has a thread here Aussie damper cooked over an open fire

11 Likes

WHAT??!! Incrediballs!

Both of these are for someone here so I will just show a teeny bit of “Cat” and “Naughty”. I’m still working on “Bee” and “T.V.”, those are bigger projects.

12 Likes

I so wish I could have a firepit or an outdoor fireplace or oven in my yard, but city fire codes won’t allow it (we have a lot of old wood frame houses stacked fairly close togethe, so I get it but… :frowning: ). I’m impressed @Edel with how different your skillet looks! How much time did you spend attacking it with the wire brush?

@bethntim, I love your little piggie! I have a friend from college who used to collect pigs, and I know she would have loved it back in the day. She doesn’t collect them anymore. But, I could still make her one…hah!

@Magpie, I love your little teaser shots. Can’t wait to see the completed items!

I made absolutely no progress today on my assemblage. After I finished my school obligations, I had to run out to pick up a food order. But, I had an almost flat tire, and my car battery keeps dying on me, so I went to the garage around the corner… it was the most unsafe I’ve felt in a month. If I get the virus, I bet I picked it up there, even though I washed my hands as soon as I got home and then went and sanitized the car, too. But, at least if I have to go get tested, my car will be able to take me! Oh, the irony…

1 Like

Surprisingly little, obviously I used the drill to make it go faster, but only about ten minutes.

I washed it in soapy water, then oiled it all over, baked it in an oven at 170C (about 350f) for an hour and let it cool down in the oven. I was surprised at how good it looked when it came out. Because I probably didn’t take it fully back to bare metal.

2 Likes

Wow! That was quick! I have a collection of cast iron bread molds and once I get my kitchen redone, I’d like to put them on display (on a VERY sturdy shelf). But, they’ve been tucked up in my attic in milk crates, and I fear that they will have suffered for it, so knowing they can be cleaned up so nicely and relatively easily makes me happy.

1 Like

Way easier than I thought it would be. But the wire brush on the drill made all the difference.

Cast iron bread moulds sound awesome

Huh how did I miss those awesome new posts? :upside_down_face:

Anyway, what a fun and pretty book mark @Edel! And you did a fab job on the cast iron skillet!

What an amazing transformation @calluna! Wow!!

Love the purple bag you made @Cindy

Haha, your bingo card is so funny @GabeTheQuacker

@audity your monsters are cute and fun weird! Love them!

Aww, what a sweet piggie pot holder @bethntim

4 Likes

I claimed @wendiek for sunflowers
We had an ‘art’ lesson outside.

15 Likes

Awesome idea, these came out great! It would absolutely make my day to pass by your sunflowers on a walk :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you.
We live on a dead end, so don’t get many people walking past. The wall I used faces the end, which is where most people do come from.
I turned it into an ‘art’ lesson. DS1 did this on the same wall

And DS2 did this next to the front door

We used poster/ready mixed/school washable paints so we shouldn’t get into trouble with the landlord :crossed_fingers:

13 Likes

Excellent way to meet that challenge! Love that you guys are posting things you can do as a family…kids are in a whole new world now, but art and appreciating the small things are lessons they can learn.

1 Like