Challenge chain, post your completed challenges here, and chat about the challenges

Here is the not quite completed project for the Super size prompt from @Lynx. Apparently, the thread I’ve ordered is on an extended trip with the postal pixies. Hoping it arrives soon.

The tiny little puffer fish on the post-it note is a little friend I have drawn to cheer my son up for years. The idea was to make a potholder to brighten up my kitchen. I felt bad for not finishing/posting it yet, but I’m holding on the thread to finish the spikes.

8 Likes

My response to @Magpie’s sparkly challenge!

I made some earrings. Not SUPER sparkly, but there is a tiny gem inside the large rose at the bottom.

10 Likes

They are lovely! And a perfect amount of sparkle.

1 Like

I’m going to have to give myself more time… the prompt worked, sort of. I even set up my easel to make a watercolor background. However, the tiny painting wanted to be something else so I’m back to the drawing board.

4 Likes

I need more time, too. I’m doing an embroidery, and I traced it with water soluble marker on the wrong fabric- and then it disappeared… because it was air soluble, too.

Then I tried a new fabric, but couldn’t get a clean trace. I ordered some Sticky Sulky Solvy, and it’s here, and I printed my pattern. Once I dig out more fabric, I’ll be set to go.

I foolishly thought that I’d be able to stitch in between answering emails and grading assignments today. Instead, I spent 8 hours commenting on and grading my students’ work (that I spent a similar amount of time commenting on last week so they could make improvements). My arm and wrist are sore!

Can you tell that I’m tired and cranky?

3 Likes

FINALLY! I am finished my version of the Snail Streak game. It took a very long time but that’s because I got a little over ambitious with it, lol.

9 Likes

That looks brilliant! I love the crocheted veggies

1 Like

There are bugs and water colour paintings and a carry bag, I went All OUT!

1 Like

Here’s my entry for CIRCLES from @jemimah

It’s a ribbon dance toy for my friend’s son’s birthday. He LOVES rainbows and I had this idea but didn’t have a wooden ring at home, so I took a slice out of a seltzer bottle and melted the cut ends with an iron (with parchment paper to protect the iron!) It came out way better than I expected… kind of like a plastic bracelet bangle. I will definitely be making more of these!

10 Likes

Great idea!

Love the game with the crocheted veggies!!!

And the ribbon rainbow is lovely; so clever to use what you had on hand! I think it would look pretty in a window, or hanging on a front porch where the rainbow would flutter in the breeze…

I don’t think I’m picturing this right… when you make more, might there be a tutorial?? :green_heart:

1 Like

I chose @thanate’s challenge of PAPER and made penguins. I haven’t done origami for years and forgot a number of folds so wasn’t able to make what I really wanted, plus my paper was too thick. I’m almost embarrassed posting these because they are so simple. I might fold more later with regular paper.

9 Likes

Ooh, I love it!! What a great way to remake something! So fun :rainbow:

I love everybody’s awesome things! This challenge chain is such a great way to keep the creative energy bubbling along :smile:

I finally started working on my Weird Animals challenge! I’m hoping that I can make some decent progress tomorrow and finish this weekend!

My finished project inspired by a song!

Everything in its right place by radiohead
I chose this song because I’ve been thinking about how I’m the one who decides where everything in our home is supposed to go but I still can’t put ANYTHING AWAY.

12 Likes

Great colors! Love the mixes of green in particular.

Those penguins are very cute, @Cindy!

And @audity, that is one gorgeous quote celebration!

1 Like

@Cindy, they may be simple to you, but they’re still miles beyond what I know of origami - and super cute! I’d love to have them deliver messages by secretly leaving them at people’s front doors. :smile:

Though I’ll get around to more proper recipe-following, here is what I made yesterday, completing the basic challenge task: it’s a cream sauce of peppers and onions over lentil pasta with sausage…all vegan!

I saw the peppers- and-sausage dish roler made recently, and drooled more than I usually drool. I had these ingredients, so I went for it. (First batch had parmesan, so it wasn’t vegan, and it didn’t affect the taste).

Great northern beans with garlic and olive oil are the base. Usually my non-dairy cream sauce base is butter beans, but I’m working my way through a large supply of these other beans. Not shown are various spices I added…and the sherry.
Over all it was very tasty, but needed more sherry and more peppers…as is the case with many things in life. And it would have been much better if I’d sauteed garlic and olive oil instead of just putting them in the sauce raw. I, erm, glanced at a recipe, but it was more an experiment in throwing things together I hadn’t tried before!

8 Likes

Next up, FAVORITE ANIMAL…I crocheted this basket with hemp twine over bedsheet yarn as a napping basket for my foster cat, who is technically my favorite animal at the moment because she’s the only one here, but she’s testing that! :laughing: if she will sit in it I’ll get a photo.

7 Likes