Challenge chain, post your completed challenges here, and chat about the challenges

@Lynx will there ever come a day when you look back and regret those few dollars spent on the lovely handmade quilt you are snuggling under with hubs in your big ole bed?

Rhetorical question, we all already know the answer :kissing_heart:

Of course not…but I have to share?? LOL.

DH and I agreed I could buy more fabric, most from the same Etsy shop, the last one she was out of and I found it on another site. So. Yay!

5 Likes

Yay! Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt!

Great work! That’s a lovely quilt, I’m glad you get to keep it and enjoy it.

I’ve been thinking I’d like some hair bows that are more “grown up”. In response to @roler’s mystery challenge, I made this with Jack the Ripper in mind- one of the best known mysteries in history! The blood-splashed text on the ribbon is reminiscent of both his letters to the police and the sensational press that the case received at the time. The skull is pretty self explanatory I think. :wink: Also, just FYI - it is very challenging to photograph the back of one’s own head. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes

That quilt top is great. I think you definitely should increase it if you think you’ll love it more.

@Bunny1kenobi that hair bow is great

2 Likes

I’d challenged myself to try a new technique and to do so in greens. I tried some resist techniques on top of unwanted photos, and none of the resists resisted. :laughing: oh well, it ended up a pleasant exercise in layering patterns, paint and gesso.

9 Likes

@calluna, those are gorgeous greens and fun designs!

@bunny1kenobi, definitely knocked a grow up bow out of the park!

I took @audity’s “good omen” theme, and made this Find your omen pocket letter.

I adjusted my challenge from “thunderstorms,” to “thunderstorms/a perfect storm” so there’s more room for creativity.

9 Likes

I really love how you filled up a container with more stuff! I am going to remember that idea! I have to admit that I have a bit of an obsession now to collect random things…I have a box on my desk that I throw stuff into…I can’t wait to make another one…I blame @geekgirl for my obsession…but in a good way! Your piece is really cool…I spy kissing!!! :heart:

2 Likes

I pulled out my Jar of Whimsies (from a long ago Swap) and that kissing pendant was in there!

I was thinking that everything needed to be metal, but as I gathered up items, I realized that since I was spray painting everything, it wouldn’t matter.

I’m thinking of making a bigger one eventually!

1 Like

Sounds like maybe we need another jar of whimsies swap!! :wink:

3 Likes

I decided on a lemon juice and sugar scalp scrub for my CRAZY HAIR challenge. I’ve been using these months away from civilization to transition out of shampoo use (no-poo). I used to do the baking soda and apple cider vinegar routine, but this time I’m trying hot water only (doable because my hair is kind of short). It’s gone okay, aside from looking and smelling weird at times, but my scalp needed a little help.
Now it’s done and my hair is dry, and both scalp and hair feel much, much better. Clean and clarified but not excessively stripped of oils.

4 Likes

For some time, I have been experimenting with less personal cleaning products and less frequent showers as well…no nail polish and no make up except for some lip color…I am finding out that my skin, hair and nails seem to be much healthier…all that cleaning seems to strip away natural oils and protection…there is something about going more natural that this lock down has forced us to do…

2 Likes

Here is the not quite completed project for the Super size prompt from @Lynx. Apparently, the thread I’ve ordered is on an extended trip with the postal pixies. Hoping it arrives soon.

The tiny little puffer fish on the post-it note is a little friend I have drawn to cheer my son up for years. The idea was to make a potholder to brighten up my kitchen. I felt bad for not finishing/posting it yet, but I’m holding on the thread to finish the spikes.

8 Likes

My response to @Magpie’s sparkly challenge!

I made some earrings. Not SUPER sparkly, but there is a tiny gem inside the large rose at the bottom.

10 Likes

They are lovely! And a perfect amount of sparkle.

1 Like

I’m going to have to give myself more time… the prompt worked, sort of. I even set up my easel to make a watercolor background. However, the tiny painting wanted to be something else so I’m back to the drawing board.

4 Likes

I need more time, too. I’m doing an embroidery, and I traced it with water soluble marker on the wrong fabric- and then it disappeared… because it was air soluble, too.

Then I tried a new fabric, but couldn’t get a clean trace. I ordered some Sticky Sulky Solvy, and it’s here, and I printed my pattern. Once I dig out more fabric, I’ll be set to go.

I foolishly thought that I’d be able to stitch in between answering emails and grading assignments today. Instead, I spent 8 hours commenting on and grading my students’ work (that I spent a similar amount of time commenting on last week so they could make improvements). My arm and wrist are sore!

Can you tell that I’m tired and cranky?

3 Likes

FINALLY! I am finished my version of the Snail Streak game. It took a very long time but that’s because I got a little over ambitious with it, lol.

9 Likes

That looks brilliant! I love the crocheted veggies

1 Like