Challenge chain, post your completed challenges here, and chat about the challenges

Oh, that’s interesting! Might work… you just need to be able to give it a push and have it keep spinning on its own for a while.

I was thinking maybe the smaller tins would work…I have a painter lazy susan that you put a plate on and it can spin pretty fast…I have always been fascinated by moving pictures…

1 Like

I’ll check that out! That could be a cheaper option! Thanks!

@endymion

I finished the watercolor painting that I started after picking the prompt chain

I guess it could be a chain of jellyfish. I might try another craft with the same prompt later. This got away from me and decided to become something else than I had originally envisioned.

7 Likes

The challenge is really just to get you started crafting, so a chain of jellyfish works for me! The art often decides what it wants to be, right? I love what you’ve created… The contrast between the soft, gradual transition of the watercolor and the bold lines really appeals to me. Very cool!

1 Like

Groups of jellies are refereed to as either a “swarm”, a “bloom”, or a “smack”, lol. Yours are wonderful, I like the soft, dreamy quality. If this came to me as a card in the mail I’d frame it and hang it up, it’s lovely.

I forgot to post @calluna 's “Use It All Up” challenge project here, it’s this scrappy seed pouch made from the tiniest bits of waste fabric left over from another of her challenges I claimed, Inspired By Another Crafter!

It’s taking me a long time to get anything done but I’m making pretty intensive projects.

6 Likes

That scrappy bag is just amazing. So many tiny pieces!

That jelly fish artwork is just lovely! And, I loved the scrappy seed bag. What a great way to use up the last of the scraps!

And, I’m plugging away at my Weird Animals challenge (I’m more than halfway done), but it’s slow going.I did make decent progress last night, and hope to work on it in a little while. I’ll be back home Sunday afternoon, so I can get back to my normal routine.

That scrappy bag is great. And I loved the jellyfish

I love the jellyfish! I might do something like that for the fish challenge I took a few weeks ago…I drew a blank!

lol @magpie…I am seeing a pattern here…Mushrooms, monsters, and now…veggies!!! ha ha ha

ooo…I forgot…cacti!!!

I finished my Weird Animals from @Lynx (at least I’m pretty sure that’s who posted it).

I bought the pattern on Etsy but I added in the text myself.

9 Likes

Love all the colors of thread!

1 Like

Ever since @Lynx did her stitching of weird animals, I have been wanting to do something with them as well…your shrimp is awesome in that sea background!

2 Likes

I love it @craftADDchick!

1 Like

I run with themes, it’s true. Some are ongoing for years - I made this bag almost 30 years ago!

7 Likes

Love it!!!

That’s great, it’s interesting to see the difference in the realism of the veggie print from now to then

1 Like

I took @Lynx’s cookout challenge. I cheated a bit, because we just finished doing a cookout (just for our household) and I’m going to post a dish we made today. It’s my son’s very favorite meat dish; he always requests it for his birthday and special occasions.

It’s called Wen’s Raspberry Vinaigrette Chicken. The marinade recipe calls for raspberry vinegar; we always use Pompeian brand… or you can make your own, I suppose.

[http://www.perfectentertaining.com/page1372.html]

We generally marinate several pounds of chicken about 30-45 minutes before grilling.

You can also use the recipe as a salad dressing. And you can cut up the chicken and put it in a salad along with some fresh raspberries… it’s delicious!

4 Likes

Here’s my answer to @Wildblue’s trash to treasure challenge!

I used a tiny Altoids tin, cardstock, motherboard parts, a toothpick and an eraser— all things that could certainly be found in the trash on any given day!

For the original post and more / better pics, go here!

6 Likes

I love raspberry, and I never thought to pair it with chicken. Yum.