Challenge chain, post your completed challenges here, and chat about the challenges

I finally finished my metal challenge from @Bunny1kenobi! I got advice from @geekgirl last Sunday on how to finish it. I wanted to use some Rub N Buff on it, but couldn’t find it, so I used some copper fabric paint. While I wish I had a few more doodads on it to make it a little more full, I’m pretty happy with the end result!

10 Likes

Ohh @craftADDchick that is fabulous

1 Like

@craftADDchick that’s awesome!!!

1 Like

I love it!
I love the washers and all the hardware bits you used and the thimble is awesome.
You did a fabulous job!

1 Like

Cool! I have an idea for something using this technique. I was thinking of filling in the negative space with various sizes of little beads for texture.

I finished my own challenge “fish” and since it’s arrived to destination, here it is! Guess it could also count for “cat” though I did one for that already.

11 Likes

Thanks! Now that I’ve gotten over the (irrational) fear of the last step (Thanks, again, @geekgirl, for helping me get there!), I think I will be making more! I just have to start squirreling away the bits!

2 Likes

Love the assemblage and also the fish hoopla.

A hoop was my plan for the supersize challenge, I just forgot to take supplies into account. Tomorrow is our shopping day, so I’m just going to hope they aren’t sold out again. :roll_eyes:
Otherwise, I’ll have to get a creative solution.

@AuFish have you ever seen @Ludi’s brilliant padded frame option for embroidery? I’ve used it many times, it’s excellent.

1 Like

Thanks for the framing tips. They should prove useful.

Bunny1kenobi gave the challenge Fandom Mashup.
I love pirates, black cats, and cat photo bombs.
I have an old pirate book which provided me with an apt illustration. Then Black Jack the Fearsome Furry came along to bomb it.

9 Likes

So many cool things to admire!! I love the photobombing pirate kitty :smile_cat:

I was a bit slow but I completed @AuFish’s bright spot challenge today.

Thanks for the fun idea!

14 Likes

Love both of the kitties

Glad you enjoyed it. Beautiful job

1 Like

This is what I painted for @thanate’s rain challenge.

Thanks for the inspiration!

8 Likes

@nou @jemimah here is my offering for “self-care” which also covers “earth.”

I used the fabric I ordered to follow the pattern (minus the border parts) to make the 5-yard Everyday quilt.

It’s really pretty, but much too small for a bed quilt (which I suspected.) Now to decide (with dh) if I should spend the $ to get 3 more yards of fabric of each of the 5 colors to finish the top. This’ll be an expensive top if I do! (Most fabrics are Timeless Treasure).

Thanks to @GeekyBookworm for holding this up on a windy day to show you.

11 Likes

It’s beautiful!! Would you use it as a throw size quilt?

I’d rather not as we already have too many throw sized things around the house. But, I could.

Yeah, with all that beautiful work, it would be a shame if it wasn’t well used and loved.

It’s really pretty!! I like all the colors!!!