Chicken Tamale Pie

I just made this recipe for dinner tonight and it was SO DELICIOUS!! I used this recipe that I found on pinterest:

which resulted in THIS!

I used the recipe exactly as written, and it turned out SCRUMPTIOUS. Gooey cheese, sweet cornbread, savory filling with just a hint of spice… mmmmm… Definitely keeping this recipe to try again!

17 Likes

What did you use for the enchilada sauce? That looks so yummy!

2 Likes

Canned red enchilada sauce (mild)! :slight_smile: I bet it would be super tasty with medium too but they only had mild at my grocery store. I bet yours has spicier!

2 Likes

It looks drool worthy!! Going to make it this week. Thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

I hope you like it as much as my family and I did! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was just wondering what to make for dinner today…with my hubby and chief cook out of commission for a few more weeks, I am tasked with shopping and cooking!

I can do this!!! Thanks! Looks tasty and easy!

2 Likes

Think I know what’s for dinner lol

2 Likes

Oh man! Going to try this!

2 Likes

Yay, I’m really glad people like this! I was actually really on the fence about whether or not it was appropriate to post it, since all I did was follow someone else’s recipe (although I did just remember that I made one small modification - adding a chopped up red bell pepper with the onions), but now I’m glad I did!

1 Like

Looks so good!

2 Likes

Ooh, I want this in mah face!! Ingredients going onto shopping list!!

3 Likes

There’s enough good stuff going on in there, imma make this veggie style! And it does need some green peppers, and maybe black olives!

Thank for sharing, @roler

2 Likes

That looks SO GOOD!

2 Likes

That looks really delicious!
Do you know what I could replace the corn bread thing with? We don’t have it here and I don’t know what is the equivalent of this.

2 Likes

I’ve made a variation of this with ground turkey. YUMMY! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Riechan
Copy Cat Jiffy Cornbread Mix

3 Likes

Think of it this way - we post projects when we use someone else’s pattern. That’s what you did here!
It looks really good and I have bookmarked this thread. (I actually like the looks of yours better)

2 Likes

Gah! Drooooling :star_struck:

2 Likes

Mmm, that sounds and looks super yummy!

2 Likes

Thanks; that’s a good way of thinking about it! XD

1 Like