Christmas boxes, cards, & tags

I recently made some ornaments for my nephews and niece and was excited when I came across these cute gift boxes by LaLaShiba (all designs in this post are from the designer LaLaShiba and were purchased in the Silhouette Design Store). I enlarged the VW buses slightly to make them a better fit for the ornaments. The pink Merry Christmas bus with the reindeers is the original design. I altered that one l to make the green bus for my nephew. Unfortunately, it wasn’t as easy as just selecting the base layer and changing the color. I had to build up all the elements on top of the green. I was able to trace some of the designs and re-add them (like the leaf sprigs and snowflakes), the rest of it I had to add myself, hence the different font on the bus. I used my Wink of Stella glitter pen to add a nice glittery shimmer to the snow on the toy shop and hot cocoa boxes. The designs were printed and then cut with my Silhouette.

They were the perfect fit for an ornament plus a gift card. I made two sets of the boxes and also used them to package gift cards for LittleBookLover’s teacher and classroom aides (the pink bus is from that batch and was finished around midnight, hence the hurried pics).

I came across the boxes when I was working on my Christmas cards for the LC Christmas card swap. When I sent off the kid’s ornaments, I also included a card that coordinated with each of the gift boxes (I purchased the beachy gingerbread man design, then turned him into a mug card for my nephew who received the ‘Groovy Christmas’ bus). The mugs and various elements on the cards are attached with foam dots. Altogether, I printed and cut the elements for three sets of the six cards and ended up assemblying and sending out two sets.

I made cookie tray labels with the year for the back of the cards.

While watching the tutorial on how to put the boxes together, the designer fills the boxes with goodies at the end of her video. One of the items she puts in the box is an enamel pin of one of the mug designs. The backing label that the pin is attached to is a cute domed snowy background. I thought it would look super cute as a gift tag, so I recreated the design. The mugs are attached with foam dots giving them just a little bit of dimension.

16 Likes

Oh, wow! These are all so adorable! I’d use them all as Christmas decorations.

1 Like

Everything is gorgeous, and yes, I had noticed the label on the back of my card. :wink: You put a ton of work into everything, but I think my favourite tiny detail is the reflective sunglasses on the beachy gingerbread man!

1 Like

These are all so adorable and fun! Totally takes gift giving to the next level. I especially love the little tags!!

1 Like

Wow. Just… WOW! All the great details! All the attention to coordination! All that printer ink! These are really, really special and would make recipients feel really, really special, too.

1 Like

I love all the details and fun elements in your projects! Love my card!

1 Like

Super freaking cute!

1 Like

These are really super cute!!

1 Like

These are so cute! Very nice!

1 Like

Your creativity and attention to detail are truly impressive! It’s evident that you put a lot of thought and effort into creating these beautiful gift boxes and coordinating cards.

1 Like

Thank you and welcome to LettuceCraft!