Christmas swaps

I really enjoyed the Santa’s Sack swap last year and plan on hosting it again this year in a couple of months.

I know this is around the time the 12 Days of Christmas swap is started but I won’t be doing it this year. If anyone else would like to host it please feel free to do so and I can certainly answer questions/assist.

Are there any other Christmas or holiday swap ideas?

7 Likes

I loved the Santa Sack one! I’m so happy you’ll be hosting again. That’s the best Christmas swap IMHO. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I want to join the Santas Sack Swap too! I loved it.

1 Like

I also hope they run the Ornament swap again this year.

1 Like

I do plan to run the ornament swap again. Looking back that’s usually Sept- Oct.

5 Likes

I’d be interested in a Christmas swap - I’m flexible about which one.

2 Likes

I am sooo looking forward to Christmas swaps:)

1 Like

Since geekgirl isn’t gonna host 12 days this year, if no one else hosts it, I’ll probably join the Santa’s Sack instead. It was too much for me to do both swaps simultaneously.

2 Likes

I keep saying I will try to revive (and possibly host if @GatorWrangler is not available) the Sweat Shoppe Ornament swap that @GatorWrangler used to host… but have not done it so far. I wonder if there would be enough participation for two ornament swaps? Or if we should just stick to one?

4 Likes

Today is the last day for signups for Prairie Schooler Fall/Winter Swap Round 2 - Signups 8/1 to 8/10! !

It’s about 50/50 Christmas and Halloween.

2 Likes

I think there’s room for both ornament swaps. I originally started the ongoing style so as to not step on gatorwranglar’s swap, but if she isn’t available, I certainly think there are people who would prefer on style over another, or who just would love both. Maybe, if there is interest, we can stagger them slightly. We can pm each other and figure it out.

4 Likes

I’d love another Christmas Card swap @geekgirl . I love getting and sending Christmas cards!

5 Likes

Agree that Christmas cards would be fun. A long time ago, wasn’t there one that was just Christmas tags? That was fun, too.

3 Likes

I’d love a Christmas card swap. I never get any cards anymore and that makes me sad. I’d be interested in an ornament swap too.

2 Likes

If you want to receive more physical mail, there’s the Happy Mail Craftalong 2023 .

Oh I would love if someone did 12 days of christmas swap, it was always one of my favorites.

I’d sign up for the santa sack swap again! I loved that one.

Woohoo!
[Ongoing Ornament 2023 is open! Click the link to sign up.

3 Likes

I haven’t heard of the Santa Sack Swap, I’ll have to check it out. I remember doing a Christmas swap with you years ago and it’s still one of my favorite swaps I’ve ever done!
Update: looked up the Santa Sack Swap and it looks pretty fun! I’d be up for it!

3 Likes

@Manders there wasn’t a ton of participation in the 12 Days swap the last few years and there used to be a stocking swap but I only need so many stockings so kind of mish mashed them into the Santa’s Sack swap.

I’ll open sign ups next week sometime.

As a reminder here is what we did last year

Details of swap:

• Make your partner 1 reusable gift bag
    Fill the bag with
  • 1 medium crafted item
  • 2 small crafted items
  • 2 purchased stocking stuffers
5 Likes