Send out Date: Tuesday, 10/19/2021
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional) 25

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO

Additional Age requirement? 16

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES, correct
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

Has been a member for at least one month: YES
Has posted at least 15 times: YES
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
Does not have any negative feedback: YES
Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO
Has posted a comment in this thread and will check regularly for swap updates YES
If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

ā€“
Details of Swap
In this swap, participants will make and send out one house to each member in their group according to their partnerā€™s themes. Participants will be put into groups of three. This means you will be making two houses. Optional: You may join two groups, where you would be making four houses.

Houses should be measure between 3 to 4 inches wide and no taller than 7 inches . Decorate them front and back with emphasis on embellishment. Please sign the back with your LC name and date. You want everyone to remember that great house you made.

Please use a base material such as paperboard, matboard, wood, layered cardstock, or foam core. Basically, use something that can stand without flopping over in the future so you can have a whole chunky neighborhood.

There is no need to create a stand for your chunky house. Most of us from the Old Site either hang them with clothespins or prop them up against other decorations.

Since this is a papercraft swap, no tracking/delivery confirmation is required, HOWEVER, you will have to remake and resend any packages that fail to reach their destinations. No exceptions.

Please send your house in a small padded envelope or sandwiched between cardboard. Write ā€œDO NOT BENDā€ in red ink on both sides of your package. We want that chunky house that you spent so much time creating to reach its new home in good shape.

Communication is important.
It is your responsibility to:
-PM all of your partners and the organizer when you have sentā€“you must send to ALL of your partners at the same time (this seriously helps me with organization).
-PM your partner and organizer when you have received
-post your comments, questions, thoughts, teasers, etc. in this thread
-post photos of your received chunky houses in the gallery within one week and thank your partner

Need Inspiration? Here is my Chunky House Pinterest with ALL of the past Halloween Chunky Houses!

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO @irid3sc3nt VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

Questionnaire
(please copy, fill it in, and send it to me irid3sc3ntā€“double check your anwers!)

Chunky Houses Halloween Edition 2021
LC username
Email address
Your real name and address AS IT NEEDS TO APPEAR ON THE PACKAGE

Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of your own country? YES, this is a requirement for this swap.
Confirm that you are at least 16 years old. YES/NO, Iā€™ll participate some other time
Promise to resend if your chunky house gets gobbled by the postal system? YES/ NO, I will read the swap description again
I will take photos of my creations before I send, just in case my partner cannot. YES/NO, I donā€™t have access to a camera or a library that probably has a camera or a family member or friend who has a smartphone or a thrift store where digital cameras are usually very cheap
One group (two houses) or two (four houses)? ONE/TWO
If there is an odd number of people, would you be willing to have an extra partner? YES/NO

Note: the more you divulge in your questionnaire, the better your swap
partner is able to craft for you

What are your favorite Halloween things or themes?
What are your favorite Halloween colors?
Is there anything you would NOT want on your chunky house?
Is there anything you would like to tell your swap partner?
Please copy a link to your Pinterest or relevant example list of your style here. This is a great opportunity to start a Halloween list if you do not already have one.

4 Likes

I will sign up later tonight! Thanks @irid3sc3nt !

1 Like

I replied yesterday and now donā€™t see it. Ghosts are already at work and itā€™s only September!

Iā€™ve been waiting for this one, love the Halloween chunky houses. Iā€™ve been contemplating turning these into a swag. 10 feet long, 15, 20, longer. I have so many houses.

1 Like

I may have to do that. Last year I didnā€™t have the energy to put up my Halloween decorations so all that went up was what I got from swapping. At my old house I knew where everything went. At this houseā€¦ itā€™s going to be all new and thus take much longer. I have SO MUCH Halloween decor. I need to go through it all again.

Actually, I put out the majority of my outdoor decor. Lots of Jack o Lanterns. And today Iā€™m going to order stuff from Oriental Trading for the candy cauldron. There was nothing left in it last year and that thing was mounded over with a mixture of toys and candy. Within two hours it was gone. New neighborhood, lots more kids.

1 Like

Sent my Q! :jack_o_lantern:

1 Like

sent in my signup I think, the messages look like to threads so that throws me a bit but I will get the hang of it as I do more here :slight_smile: let me know if I missed anything but I think I covered it all. Thanks for hosting again irid3sc3nt!

1 Like

Yep, your Q looks good. We have 5 people signed up so far, including me! Iā€™d say thatā€™s pretty great for this swap.

Make that 6! Just sent my info in.

1 Like

I am gonna throw your count offā€¦ and jump into the ring! :smile:

2 Likes

Ope! Realized I forgot to comment! Hello all! Itā€™s been awhile! I was working on a novel Iā€™m writing and havenā€™t been doing much crafting except for just recently some Tie Dye, of course. Lol. Good to ā€œseeā€ all of you again! I canā€™t wait to make some papercraft stuff! I might end up getting some fancy paper cuz I canā€™t resist all the cute stuff at michaels right now lol. Oops. XD

2 Likes

Here are the partners. Currently working on getting everyoneā€™s Q sent to their partners, it may take a bit.

artsycandice > irid3sc3nt, thanate, RagingSloth, goatgoddess
goatgoddess> MissingWillow, irid3sc3nt, artsycandice, RagingSloth, thanate
irid3sc3nt> RagingSloth, MissingWillow, goatgoddess, artsycandice
marionberries> RagingSloth, thanate
MissingWillow> irid3sc3nt, goatgoddess
RagingSloth> irid3sc3nt, marionberries, artsycandice, goatgoddess, thanate
thanate> marionberries, artsycandice, RagingSloth, goatgoddess

Enjoy!

Also, remember that I need yā€™all to send out to all of your partners on the same date for spreadsheet ease on my part and the mods above me since Iā€™m keeping my own more detailed one and then one online for them. Thank you! Iā€™m super happy to have each of you in this swap!

3 Likes

I have two questions of the week (to check and make sure youā€™re looking at the thread, yes, itā€™s something Iā€™ve always been lax at).

One: Have you added any songs from this year to your Halloween Mix?

Two: Whoā€™s your favorite witch?

Nope, no Halloween songs added.

Favorite witchā€¦ There are too many at the top so letā€™s just go with Sukie Ridgemont from Witches of Eastwick. I identified with her in high school and had a circle of friends that included two other women and a devilish manā€¦ I would grow up to marry him though. :grin:

1 Like

Aww! I like that. I grew up to marry my high school tall, dark, and handsome.

1 Like

S H O O T!!! - sorry I missed sign ups. Iā€™ll craft along at home. Apologies!

I donā€™t have any new songs on my playlist. My favorite witch is Winnie Sanderson.

2 Likes

I was thinking you were going to sign up but then I thought maybe you got involved in some other swaps. You can always ask if anyone wants to do a personal swap.

Yay partners!

I havenā€™t made any new playlists in ages, and I need to fix that. Probably find some new music, too!

Favorite witches are hard-- there are so many good book witches out there, I have no idea who to pick.

1 Like

Hahaha! This just reminded me of a childrenā€™s book I own called Space Witch originally published in 1959. I mean, why not?

1 Like

Maybe I should have made it your favorite movie witch and your favorite book witch!

1 Like