Chunky Houses Halloween Edition 2021 SU: 9/23 to 9/29 SO: 10/19/21

I only have two partners and am almost done. I love this swap!

1 Like

I used this swap as an excuse to take a trip to the craft store. I had not been there in quite a while. It was fun picking up new materials. I am feeling really inspired.

3 Likes

Hmm-- I need to head down to the craft store & pick up some fabric for my childā€™s halloweā€™en costumeā€¦

I went to Michaels not too long ago, but the Halloween stuff there didnā€™t grab me. Maybe Iā€™ve bought all there is, lol. I have my own Halloween crafting store at home, hahaha!

1 Like

I feel that in my bonesā€¦

1 Like

I just got back from a visit to my moms. A week without crafting. I packed very light for.the.plane.

Now to wrap myself in Halloween and get crafting.

3 Likes

We have a sender! Here is a LINK TO THE GALLERY.

1 Like

Okay, time for the second week questions:

What is your favorite adhesive or adhesives and why?

Pumpkins or skulls?

Hey and anyone can answer, you donā€™t have to be a part of the swap :wink:

I use Aleeneā€™s tacky glue for just about everything. If I need something a little stronger, I use E6000. I love both pumpkins and skulls and have just about the same amount of both in my stash, which is to say a bajillion.

2 Likes

Hmmmā€¦ for a favorite adhesive I think I will go with Loctite Quickset Epoxy because itā€™s what I am currently using with my ceramic work for Magnets and eye hooks. Pumpkins or skullsā€¦ how about a pumpkin carved into a skull? :laughing:

1 Like

Adhesivesā€¦ those tiny superglue/gorilla glue jars with the press-in sides so they donā€™t end up drying out after the first use are kind of magic. Also pretty fond of the Scotch Greener tape-- it is really good clear tape. Neither of these is super useful for papercrafting, thoā€¦

And skulls for decor, pumpkins for garden & eating.

1 Like

@MissingWillow I use the same two for most work. I do use spray glue and a spray glue box for larger paper covering needs. And a glue stick for small bits that wonā€™t get much handling.

I have a glue gun for those times you just need a glue gun, but I really hate the stupid things. I think I have 3 or 4 in various states of working order and nozzle sizeā€¦but still get stringy glue everywhere and blobs where I donā€™t want them. Not a skill I have.

And all glue gets all over me no matter what I do. Paint too. Markers too. I canā€™t hide my crafting, it shows.

4 Likes

I donā€™t think I have my glue gun any more for those exact reasons.

1 Like

I was initially a little intimidated by doing four pieces as everyoneā€™s themes were so different. But then I let it simmer for a spell and I came up with a solution that gave them each a similar execution but were able to be personalized. I should be sending on time. Iā€™ve some small details to add then off they go!

3 Likes

I love adhesives but I guess Iā€™m in a live/hate relaunching with my glue gun. I want to use it on everything. But also I burn the shit out of myself every time I use it. Lmao

Skulls only because I use them year- long verses Pumpkins I reserve specifically for Halloween and Thanksgiving.

I am ALMOST done with my houses. I ended up making my own papers again instead of buying fancy ones. Lol.

1 Like

I got started today! At least cut out and first layer of paint. I finished another swap, so I have time to work on this one! Getting in the Halloween spirit.

1 Like

Okay I just finished! Now I just gotta package and ship. :heart:

2 Likes

got mine off to the post office this morning. :slight_smile: had fun with the swap, itā€™s been a while for sure. some of my paints and gel medium dried out. itā€™s true for art supplies too - use it or lose it.

2 Likes

I finished, now to make cards and package and send. I was cutting very thick pasteboard this weekend and my pointer finger is still numb on the end from applying pressure. Guess I should have taken more breaks. Itā€™s coming back to life slowly.

Sunshine and Autumn (our new foster kitties) canā€™t wait for Halloween either! Orphans from two different moms, and about 5 weeks old.

4 Likes

I had my send-out date off and stayed up late finishing these. :laughing: There may be glue all over but they are finished.

3 Likes