COMPLETED - Box of Whimsies Miniatures S/U April 12-21 S/O May 10

I love searching for miniature goodies at a gem show. Haven’t been in ages.

3 Likes

We have a sender already!! :astonished::bangbang:

You can see the gallery here:

1 Like

Still working on @MissingWillow‘s miniature item. I’ve asked myself more than once what I was smoking when I came up with this idea. But I’m too far in to change course. :wink: In for a penny, in for a pound! I think it will be great, but it’s verrrry fiddly.

2 Likes

Very fiddly can be tough! I’m still working on yours. Added a few details this afternoon.

1 Like

Went thrifting today to look for goodies… spent $20 on myself and found nothing for the box. Rip :rofl:

I have to go pick up some things in the next town over on Thursday so I’m planning to hit up all their thrift stores while I’m there.

1 Like

I don’t think anything I bought for the box is going to wind up in the box; it’s all too big!

My partner’s Pinterest has tons of exciting ideas, but I don’t have anything like that, and I don’t know where or if I could buy it. I bet I could make something similar…
Her pins include directions for creating SVG files from photos, so I really HAVE to do some CAD stuff, right?

1 Like

I’m working on the FOURTH version of my miniature item. It looks better with each revamp.

I’m feeling rather insecure about this swap. Do I really understand what it’s supposed to be? People talk about themes, there’s supposed to be a theme? Aaaack, my lack of self confidence makes me doubt every choice!

1 Like

Use this theme… “things my partner may like”. :grin:

6 Likes

Oooh, thank you!

2 Likes

@artsycandice hit the nail on the head!

2 Likes

cough I still need to dig up a box.

3 Likes

Ok! I just shipped to Smmarrt!

3 Likes

Still working. My granddaughter is having a sleepover tonight and my MIL will be here on Monday, for at least a week. My crafting time is getting short! :astonished:

1 Like

:raised_hands: Shopping trip yesterday was much more successful than the previous one. Found the perfect box, it’s a bit too big but I think it really suits so I’m gonna go with it.

5 Likes

hopefully not insecure about me!!! I am not a miniature expert by any means I just dip my toe into different things!

Still plotting and some work has begun here…I really need the weekend to kick this into high gear!

2 Likes

My crafting turned into something completely different than I originally planned, but I’m pretty happy with it so far. This swap has pushed me to try completely new things. I have always been intimidated by miniature crafting. It is nice to be pushed beyond my comfort zone. I also found a unique box that I’m pretty excited about.

2 Likes

No worries!

1 Like

I have two more components to finish on my miniature.They are significant features but I have to go to the craft store for some specific supplies to finish them. Oh darn. :grin:

2 Likes

Darn! I now feel the need to go as well just in solidarity for your plight (or cause I can still fit stuff in the boxes)

2 Likes

I appreciate your support. It’s a difficult task hauling oneself to the craft store, again, and again, and… :grin:

4 Likes