COMPLETED: Creature Comfort Stuffie Swap SU:July 30 - Aug 10 SO:September 11th

I am 50% done, have everything i need to finish - but I need to wrap up two other swaps first.

2 Likes

17 years of shipping via USPS with no issues but I shipped a phone last month from Nevada to Florida, it spent 10 days in Guam and then got lost in Hawaii. Thankfully I always purchase insurance!

5 Likes

My work is requesting me to come in as a needed basis so I have no idea until the end of the day if they will need me the next day. They have needed me everyday except one for two + weeks now. Unfortunately, my computer is at home so I am only able to access LC from my phone. My package says it arriving today so I will set up the gallery once I get home. We’ll start it off with a bang from @storerboughtcreation!

5 Likes

Guam and Hawaii are quite the scenic route!! :open_mouth:

1 Like

I set up the gallery.

Link is also in the first post.

3 Likes

Hey everyone. I have some sad news I need to let you know of. Roots (Nathan), one of our members and swap participants has passed away. I do not know any details other than his mother notified of his passing in a thread. You can read for yourself her message.

My heart goes out to his friends and family.

6 Likes

Oh no no no no… :cry:

3 Likes

That is so sad. :sleepy:

2 Likes

Oh, how sad! It’s hard to lose someone that belongs to a community you love. We lost two geocachers last year that were active in the community.

2 Likes

I’m amazed we already have an arrived package! That’s very impressive.

I didn’t like my first attempt, so I’m taking things in a different direction. It will definitely take me until the end of the swap to finish up; trying to plan a wedding at the same time… :smiley:

4 Likes

Made more progress yesterday. Getting close to being done!

4 Likes

I posted my swap package in the gallery. @gozer, seriously. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!!! :heart:

5 Likes

Oh no! It’s hard to even wrap my head around! I didn’t have a lot of personal interaction with him, but he was one of us! :cry: Thank you for letting us know, gozer.

2 Likes

Finishing up my prototype today, so I know where to put the markings on the final one.

4 Likes

I was all set to assemble all the bits and pieces but something just didn’t feel right about how it was going… I thought on it all day and it finally came to me… It needs to be bigger. So… tonight I will be re-drawing the pattern and going much bigger. lol

7 Likes

I’ve finished my creature. I need to show him off to a couple people, write my card, and then I will mail hopefully Friday. I don’t want to give too much away, but I have named him Hector.

6 Likes

I am also having a moment of “should this be bigger??”

6 Likes

lol, right? I woke up super early this morning and couldn’t fall back asleep so I spent a couple of hours working on this. I am much happier with the size now. Which is comfortably three times the original size. :roll_eyes::grin:

6 Likes

I just had to remake a body for a witch I made for myself. It’s hard. You try to make things work, but finally come to the realization that you have to either scrap that part and start over. I HATE that! I try to overthink things to the point that they work the first time…I seldom make prototypes and if I do, I make sure they can become the actual item, or become mine.

7 Likes

I have had to concentrate on a couple other Early deadline swaps here first, so will finish up my beastie this weekend.

3 Likes