CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Midsummer 2020

Class or Challenge Title: Charms
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Pillow Cover
Brief Description: Something as simple as a pillow cover can quickly beautify a home!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: DADA
Project Name & Page Link: Meta Mask
Brief Description: This mask will certainly help me make it through Coronavirus!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention: Stash
Project Name & Page Link: Mother of Monsters Badge
Brief Description: Made for kwality in the Use What You Have Swap, I made this using what I had: scraps!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Expecto Patronum
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: Masks for Friends
Brief Description: I made some masks recently to be sent off to friends.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
Project Name & Page Link: Embroidered Sprout
Brief Description: There’s certainly some green in this project! :wink:
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch R3: Sweetwater All Stars
Project Name & Page Link: Maker Badges
Brief Description: Made from mask scraps, these adult merit badges are for the makers!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: Woven Neckpiece
Brief Description: Made for kwality in the Use What You Have Swap, this woven neck piece definitely mixes up any outfit in your closet.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Omg, the mother of monsters bade is adorable!!! Kwality definitely is!!! That scrappy mask is the BEST!!! I so want to do one!!! I’m just unsure how I would do so.

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Alchemy
Project Name & Page Link: Apple Cake
Brief Description: My husband has been eating so many apples lately, that I’m buying them by the dozen. Sadly the fujis I picked up last week were mealy; not great for eating out of hand, but perfect for baking with. I found an apple bread recipe that used grated apples. But when I mixed it all up, there was too much batter to fit into the loaf pan the recipe called for, so I baked it in a glass baking dish to make a cake instead. I replaced half the AP flour with while wheat pastry, and used margarine instead of vegetable oil, since that’s what I had on hand. The streusel topping came out too buttery, and not dry enough, so I added in 1/4 cup of oats to it. And I skipped the icing, as the cake was sweet enough. My husband has been going through this cake like it’s his job.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: DADA
Project Name & Page Link: Grey & Orange Dice Masks
Brief Description: Making more masks to help people through Corona. I managed to get 3 out of this print. So. Many. Masks.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - August
Project Name & Page Link: Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Brief Description: This recipe included both chocolate AND peanuts. Or rather, peanut butter chips. Somehow the good picture I took of the whole batch got deleted from my phone, and by the time I realized it, there was just a blurry pic, and a last minute shot of the last cookie left! LOL
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch - Sweetwater All Stars
Project Name & Page Link: Graph Paper D&D Mask
Brief Description: This mask used up the last of my graph paper doodles D&D inspired fabric. I had only bought a fat quarter, and used some for a few other little crafts, so I just got one mask out of it. How cute are the sketches? The other side has a treasure trunk shield and sword.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch - Ballycastle Bats
Project Name & Page Link: Dragon Scale Mask
Brief Description: I made two more masks, in this dark dragon scale fabric. Another fat quarter used up!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch - Stonewall Stormers
Project Name & Page Link: Blue Dice D&D Maks
Brief Description: These masks are both monochromatic in shades of all blue, and also give an overall icy effect. I got two out of this print.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

You should definitely do a scrappy mask! I made a post about mine that shows how I made a panel out of scraps. But there are a million ways you could do it!

1 Like

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

:zap: :scroll: :purple_heart: Headmistress Note: There was a typo in the Book Club prompt. It looks like I updated the actual prompt and its due dates, but neglected to change the chapter number & tittle. This has been fixed. Sorry friends.

1 Like

:zap: :woman_mage: :heart: :mage: :heart: :woman_mage: :heart: :mage: :heart: :woman_mage: :heart: :mage: :heart: :woman_mage: :heart: :mage: :heart: :zap:

Headmistress Question of the Day…
Yesterday I got to participate in the LC Zoom Meetup hosted by the lovely @geekgirl. There were so many people in the call, including our own @PrincessP, @Edel, and @Abbeeroad! (Seriously, Gryffindor was in the House!) It got me thinking that perhaps folks would like an HPC Virtual Meetup & Crafternoon Tea Party. Right now this is just a vague idea. I don’t have dates, times, or technological avenues decided yet. I created a short poll below so folks can vote on their interest.

• I would love to do one! No matter the time or tech avenue, I’m there.
  • I would like to participate, but it depends on times, and if I have to download things.
  • I might pop in if it happens, but might not.
  • I’m not really interested in a virtual Meetup.

0 voters

1 Like

YES! I voted! Timing matters for me just because…work. Blech. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I love that dice fabric!! And the grey scale looking fabric. :black_heart:

1 Like

That sounds like fun! you should all wear sorting hats.

2 Likes

I would be SO down for this! Just depending on the time difference of course.
Could we dress up in our houses? :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You can dress up however you like my friend.

1 Like

Love those dice masks!!! I need to get some fabric like that! Definitely need to represent my d&d side!

Omg a virtual meetup would be so fun! I’m pretty flexible, except for next week. I’m homeschooling my oldest this year so we will have lots of time for fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Friends. Some sad news today. One of our Lettuce Craft family, and a former member of the HPC has passed away. Nathan (NathanielM93 on Craftster and Roots here on LC), was a member for several terms, and was such a joy within this Craftalong. He was funny, compassionate, and kind. He evidently convinced his mom to join our community, and she shared the sad news today on the last project he posted here. If you wish to read more or say something to his mom, you can check this page:

2 Likes

A new Hermion’es Book Club prompt has been posted!

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef Hogwarts
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Lime ice cream turned into ice cream mochi
Brief Description: I made some salmon with lime sauce before, but forgot to take a picture so I decided to do something else with limes. As the last lime project was dinner I decided to make something sweet this time, so ice cream it was, BUT I wasn’t happy with ice cream alone, so we turned it into mochi. One problem I realised is that I didn’t have the right kind of rice flour, with some changes in how I made the “skin” I was able to make a bunch of ice cream mochi. Personally I like the sweet and sour flavour combinations.
Project Picture:

1 Like

Happy Birthday to our dear @jillybeans!

:zap: :birthday: :heart:

3 Likes

A new Headmistress Challenge has been posted!

2 Likes

:shallow_pan_of_food: :hocho: :woman_cook: And a new Iron Chef Hogwarts! :woman_cook: :hocho: :shallow_pan_of_food:

September Secret Ingredient: Radicchio!
Radicchio can be a difficult lettuce. Challenge your tastebuds with a fresh fig radicchio salad, roasted radicchio and shrimp, or these pork chops with radicchio and pears.

2 Likes