CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Midsummer 2020

those blueberry cakes look so yummy! i wonder if the mouse would be strong enough to support white chocolate instead of the mirror glaze…

Wow! Beautiful! And I bet delicious too.

Thank you all.
And the mousse has gelatine in it so it’s more sturdy, and they were also frozen first before adding the glaze, so its quite doable switching the glaze for chocolate.
Another possibility would be to coat the mould with chocolate first then add the rest after.

They look so fancy!!

It’s July 1st, which means time for a new Iron Chef Challenge!

:hocho: :shallow_pan_of_food: :woman_cook:

July Secret Ingredient: Peaches!
A ripe, juicy peach is like sunshine in your hand! Make spiced peach turnovers, fresh peach frozen yogurt, or peaches and cream dessert nachos this summer!

A new Headmistress Challenge has been posted for July!

1 Like

Can you start participating after June 1st? I’d like to join in.
:sparkles: :snake: :yarn:

@CraftsUntold Join in at any time! The more the merrier.

1 Like

Yep. You can always join in anytime you wish.

1 Like

In that case, Slytherin has a new member. :snake:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress Prompt, July Freedom Challenge
House: Slytherin :snake:!
Project Name & Page Link: Keto Berry Scones
Brief Description: I modified this recipe to eliminate the glaze (because I am lazy) and served it with Whip cream instead for the white. I also used a mix of blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, because I was not about to sort through my package of frozen mixed berries. This recipe is Keto friendly and gluten free. Not as pretty as traditional scones, but that is the nature of gluten free baked goods sometimes.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Welcome to the Harry Potter Craftalong! And welcome to Slytherin House!! Glad to have you, CraftsUntold

1 Like

These look great! I love a good Keto recipe :wink:

1 Like

I made a rookie mistake and forgot the salt! They’re still good though. :laughing:

And now we can begin our plans for WORLD DOMINATION! lol…
Are there only two of us?
:sweat_smile::snake:

You can see who else is in your House in the Points Tally post up top. @AntBee and @imera are both Slytherins too. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - WIP #1
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Minifee Pullover
Brief Description: With all the zoom meetings happening in the past couple months it has been helpful to have a fairly mindless knitting project on hand to keep from gouging your eyes out. I had hoped to submit this for an expired prompt but wasn’t fast enough finishing. Detention WIP it is!

Class or Challenge Title: Hermione’s Book Club Chapter 11
Project Name & Page Link: Doll Dress, as usual
Brief Description: This dress is made out of leftover quilt binding, which means I barely had to do any cutting prior to sewing - just straighten a few edges that were raveling.

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch Match 3 - Ballycastle Bats
Project Name & Page Link: Take a wild guess!
Brief Description: Is anyone surprised at this point?

2 Likes

Welcome to Slytherin, @CraftsUntold, I love a fellow common room dweller who brings snacks lol

1 Like

Welcome @CraftsUntold!!

That little sweater is so cute @Trillian!

1 Like