CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Midsummer 2021

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Stash 2
House: Slytherin :snake:
Project Name & Page Link: Anders by Sorren Kerr
Brief Description: I used two colors of Cascade Sport that have been in my stash for AGES. Even the buttons are stash from a few years ago.
Ravelry project page: Ravelry: CraftsUntold's Anders
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress Challenge - July
Project Name & Page Link: New York Cheesecake
Brief Description: According to Humor at Work, July 30 is Cheesecake Day. But I had to celebrate early so that I could make a cheesecake for my mom’s birthday lunch. My cheesecake is a little… rough. I over filled the springform so it mushroomed over the edge and pieces broke off. I salvaged it by covering it in shaved chocolate and stabbing chocolate bits into it in an abstract, hoity toity, gourmet baking way. LOL. It tasted amazing though.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef - July
Project Name & Page Link: Creamy Crab soup by Once Upon A Chef
Brief Description: Made this for my mom’s birthday lunch this weekend! It was SOOO good, but so tedious to pick over the lump crab for shell bits. I forgot to take a picture of the pot, so here’s just my bowl of it. LOL.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch - Beater
House: Slytherin :snake: :yarn:
Project Name & Page Link: Peanut Pumpkin Vest
Brief Description: I did a pattern mashup of the Peanut vest by TinCanKnits, using the colorwork motif from Meghan Regan’s Pumpkin Patch sweater to create the most adorable vest for my october baby!
Ravelry project page: Ravelry: CraftsUntold's Peanut Pumpkin Vest

Project Picture:

8 Likes

Those sweaters are divine!

1 Like

thank you!

Your colorwork is awesome! And that cheesecake looks delectable, despite any lopsided-ness.

1 Like

Class/Challenge: Book Club - Chapter 2
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: White Elephant
Brief Description: For this challenge, I crocheted something I’ve wanted to make for a while - a white elephant! :elephant: Now I’m ready for the next white elephant gift exchange I get invited to (though now I probably won’t get invited to any, lol).
Project Picture:

(pattern - I accidentally put the eyes in the wrong spot, so my trunk points down instead of up)

Class/Challenge: Quidditch - Seeker
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Lorenzo the Llama
Brief Description: For this challenge, I crocheted a llama using the perfect llama pattern. It’s perfect for me because it involves very little sewing - just sewing on the ears & tail and weaving in ends!
Project Picture:

(pattern - Ravelry link, paid pattern)

7 Likes

Happy World Snake Day!

:black_heart::snake: Slytherin

5 Likes

ASp check in:
Started project bins for both and am still scissor-shy on the flags. But I did find the binding that I knew I had in stash (for way too long) and wanted to use as the ribbon/hangy part so that is good. The stocking one is giving me pause as I’m still in the visualize “what I really want it to be” phase.

2 Likes

@CraftsUntold your knits are so so so adorable! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Divination
House: :lion: Gryffindor :lion:
Project Name & Page Link: Cryptid Research Team Patches
Brief Description: I saw this pattern on Urban Threads and I thought it was super cool. So I did some late night crafting to make these as gifts for friends in the Happy Mail craftalong. I plan to make some more too :slight_smile:
Project Picture:

7 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club
House: Slytherin :green_heart:
Project Name & Page Link: Vegan red currant brownies -recipe-
Brief Description: I’ve been gone a week and I’m supposed to clean my house (as I failed to finish before I left) but the red currants were ready and I just couldn’t ignore them, then I just HAD to make something with them. I really like this recipe.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef
House: Slytherin :green_heart:
Project Name & Page Link: Romanian meatball soup -recipe-
Brief Description: I am Norwegian, but I was born in Romania, and I’ve got a lot of recipes that I’ve got fond memories of. I really like this recipe. I’ve also made the meatballs out of lamb meat and chicken, both are good options.
Project Picture:

6 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Summer Quidditch - Preseason Training - Keeper
Project Name & Page Link: Peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
Brief Description: These cookies are easy, fast, and absolutely scrumptious. My kids love to make these with me and then make them disappear. Truly the perfect recipe (for us, at least).

I think the author has changed the recipe a bit, because the amounts are slightly different from what I recorded a few years back.

Ingredients:

3/4 c. chocolate chips (Ghirardelli 60% cacao)
2/3 c. oatmeal (I use old-fashioned oats, but quick oats are fine)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. sea salt
1 c. natural peanut butter (Jif natural, creamy)
1 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1.5 tsp. vanilla extract

Mix the peanut butter, vanilla, sugar, and eggs together well. Add the dry ingredients to the mixture and stir until combined. Drop spoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets, and bake at 350 degrees F for 12-14 minutes or until edges brown slightly. Cool on rack and store in an airtight container. Makes 20-24 cookies.
Project Picture:

7 Likes

Welp, now I’m hungry. You better be bringing some of these to our common room to share! lol

1 Like

A new Hermione’s Book Club prompt has been posted!

4 Likes

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

Class or Challenge Title: DADA
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Green Tea & Books Bracelet
Brief Description: This bracelet sparkles with Czech glass beads! It was a special request, that I hope the recipient loves.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef - Soup/Salad
Project Name & Page Link: Corn & Tomato Salad
Brief Description: I love fresh corn in summer. Almost as much as I love fresh tomatoes! My neighbor brought us some cherry tomatoes from her garden, and I turned them into a corn & tomato salad, with green onions and fresh chives and parsley from my herb garden. It was a great side dish with steaks and mashed potatoes for date night.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch - Quaffle
Project Name & Page Link: Switzerland Charm Bracelet
Brief Description: This bracelet contains lots of RED beads to echo the Swiss flag. Another special request.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch - Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Italy Charm Bracelet
Brief Description: Jewelry and charm bracelets are certainly one of my most loyal mediums that I return to time and again. This one was to commemorate a special vacation in Italy.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
Project Name & Page Link: Ravenclaw Charm Bracelet
Brief Description: And a final special request charm bracelet to finish the post. This one was for a Ravenclaw who really preferred the film colors of blue and grey. In fact it contains two shades of blue!
Project Picture:

6 Likes

Class or Challenge Title:
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: Silk, Linen, & Banana Fiber Woven Candle Matts (3 Squished)
Brief Description: I wove 13 of these little candle mats for a friend’s art subscription box. Sadly, my first three came out a bit squished as I hadn’t gotten my tension down yet. So this entry is for those poor squished 3 mats. This photo shows the squished one next to one of my ‘good’ ones as comparison.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title:
Project Name & Page Link: Silk, Linen, & Banana Fiber Woven Candle Matts (10 “Good” ones)
Brief Description: While these little candle mats were not difficult on their own, they were seriously time consuming. Each one took about 3.5 hours start to finish, including weaving in the ends. I had a very short deadline to get them all done and I might have been a bit over ambitious in how big a project I bit off, but I harnessed the ambition of the Slytherin corner of my heart and achieved my lofty goals!
Project Picture:

7 Likes

Amazing @MistressJennie , I love all of the projects you just shared. That salad looks so fresh and delicious, and I love poring over photos of your bracelets and spotting all of the cute and clever charms!

1 Like

Class Title: Arithmancy
Project Name & Page Link: Paper Ladies - part of the Fodder Challenge by Willa Wanders
Brief Description: These ladies were super fun to make. They will hopefully go into future art journal pages as part of a larger project.
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: Quidditch - Beater
Project Name & Page Link: Tie-Dye Tees for 4th of July
Brief Description: My kiddos and I tie dyed t-shirts for 4th of July. It was really fun. Each kid picked out their own colors and pattern. Even though these 2 shirts are different, they compliment each other perfectly - just like my kiddos!
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: Quidditch - Keeper
Project Name & Page Link: Pat’s Star Block
Brief Description: Made as June’s Block of the Month for the Quiltalong, I had this rainbow fabric in my stash forever, just waiting for the perfect project. I decided to finally use it as the center piece for this block pattern.
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: Quidditch - Snitch
Project Name & Page Link: Step It Up Shawl
Brief Description: Made with the Step It Up pattern, this shawl will be a gift for my aunt, though I’d really like to keep it for myself. Those colors. :heart_eyes:
Project Picture:

6 Likes

~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: “Close To You” Shawl
Brief Description: I have a goal to make 3 shawls for xmas gifts this year. Since my first shawl took me so long, I thought shawl #2, which is a more complicated pattern, would make a perfect advanced studies project. Project specs:

6 Likes

Your shawl is beautiful, @Abbeeroad, I can understand why you want to keep it.

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Stash Challenge
Project Name & Page Link: Dark Gray Handspun Wool
Brief Description: This is the first skein of this dark gray wool from my stash of sweater wool. And it also means I’m 1/4 of the way through the pile!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Summer Quidditch Preseason Training - Quaffle
**House:**Slytherin :snake:
Project Name & Page Link: More ‘Bloody Baron’ handspun yarn
Brief Description: Another skein in this shades-of-red colorway (I still have a pound of this roving left!).
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Summer Quidditch Preseason Training - Beater
Project Name & Page Link: Pen Holder Bookmarks
Brief Description: I made this pair of bookmarks so that I’m not always chasing down a pen when I want to journal or write something down in my planner. I saw it on Pinterest, but just winged it. The fabric is scraps from the quilt I’m (still) working on.
Project Picture:

6 Likes