CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2021

Gorgeous tote!

1 Like

Thanks! I got the pattern from the May 2021 issue of Cross Stitcher magazine. :slight_smile:

This is so beautiful! Did you design it, or use a pattern?

1 Like

Thanks! It wasnā€™t me but itā€™d be sweet if I did! Itā€™s an Emma Congdon pattern. :slight_smile:

Class: COMC
House: Hufflepuff
Craft: sunshine hat
I marled some yarn ends from my stash to make this baby hat - itā€™s the colour of sunshine (very jolly, and helps produce vitamin D) plus has a massive pompom, which always make me smile

Class: potions
House: hufflepuff
Project: baby sweater
This was also marled from yarn ends left over from other projects
It has a button flap in the back so that baby can get his head into it!

1 Like

Iā€™d like to propose an advance studies projectā€¦
(And I guess officially abandon the one I currently have listed as I canā€™t even remember what it was!!)

ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: birthday cake cardigan
House: Hufflepuff
Brief Description
Iā€™m gonna knit myself a cardigan. Iā€™m an adult, and a biggish one at that, so itā€™ll take a while - usually a few months. Iā€™m gonna use cupcake colours and lice stitch so itā€™ll look like itā€™s covered in sprinkles,
I went and picked out my yarn today and OMG itā€™s so floofy! Iā€™m excited to start

6 Likes

ohhhhhhhhhh Iā€™m in LOVE! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I canā€™t wait to see your cupcake cardigan!

1 Like

ā€œLice stitchā€ just gave me the heebie jeebies.

2 Likes

Yhea, it really needs some rebranding!

4 Likes

I had hoped it was just a weird autocorrect mistake. :joy:

2 Likes

Your proposal has been added to the project log! Happy knitting. :yarn:

Class or Challenge Title: Alchemy
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Purple Sari Silk Purse Fob
Brief Description: This purse fob uses grey metal charms and findings! Along with purple and pink sari silks, deerskin leather, beads, and a pink druzy stone.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef - Yellow/Orange
Project Name & Page Link: Pickled Ginger
Brief Description: Iā€™ve been getting boxes from Imperfect Foods, and sometimes what shows up is not exactly what youā€™re expecting. I ordered what I thought was 1 ginger root. I ended up with 1 pound of pieces of ginger root! Some of the ends were starting to dry out, and I knew I had to use it up, so I made homemade pickled ginger. Specifically a half batch of the recipe linked above. The ginger itself is already a golden yellow, and the addition of the turmeric in the recipe amps up the color even more. I canā€™t wait to try it out in grain bowls.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Study of Ancient Runes
Project Name & Page Link: Turquoise Sari Silk Purse Fob
Brief Description: This purse fob contains 6 component materials: silk, leather, metal, glass, crystal, and stone.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
Project Name & Page Link: Peach & Honey Oatmeal Muffins
Brief Description: Imperfect also sent me a ton of small peaches, which were getting softer faster than I could eat them. So time to make muffins! I actually had so many peaches, that I doubled the recipe, and some will go in the freezer. The recipe itself calls for 2T of oats to be sprinkled on top of the muffins. I mixed the oats with a bit of brown sugar, cinnamon, and olive oil, to make a lighter version of a streusel topping. The doubled batch made 21 muffinsā€¦ Weā€™ve already eaten a fewā€¦ Hopefully the rest will make it till tea time.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Whilst I fully admit that typos are very much my modus operandi, not this time!

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry, but I love that in a post about how many typos I usually include, Iā€™ve managed to double quote!! :rofl:

2 Likes

A new Hermioneā€™s Book Club prompt has been posted!

I looove your purse fobs.

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Flying
Project Name & Page Link: Rainbow Weaving
Brief Description: While working on my main project for the Owl Post Swap, I had the song the Rainbow Connection stuck in my head. So when I finished that, I decided to create a happy little rainbow weaving as an extra for the swap. The wood frame was from a kit from Darn Good Yarn, but I swapped out the yarn that came with the kit, for a more fun rainbow ombre. I also swapped out the crystal they sent, which was smooth polished, and would have fallen right out of the warp threads. After it was done, I decided it could use a little more sparkle, so I added a chunk of rough cut amethyst stone, and a Swarovski crystal heart.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Potions
Project Name & Page Link: Massachusetts Quilt Block
Brief Description: I had all the fabrics for this Block of the Month for the Quiltalong, right in my stash. I love how dramatic the 2 tone star looks.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Finally getting a chance to post some projects!

Class: Astronomy
Project Name & Page Link: HST square
Brief Description: As part of the quiltalong, I wanted to play around more with half-square triangles. I cut and sewed a bunch using the magic 8 method and then played around with placement. These little squares are totally modular and can be swapped around until youā€™re happy with the design!
Project Picture:

Class: CoMC
Project Name & Page Link: Erin Wedding Stitch
Brief Description: Made for EriChanHime in the little good things swap, I stitched up a little hoop to celebrate her recent wedding. Definitely brought joy and happiness.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Headmistress: May
Project Name & Page Link: Book Lover Embroidery
Brief Description: For the stitchalong theme of a hobby outside of crafting, I chose reading. Iā€™m aiming to read 50 books this year (currently halfway through!). When I saw this pattern from Particular Embroidery on Etsy, I knew I had to stitch it up. Etsy has become a trusted source for embroidery patterns lately. I love stitching up the unique designs I find there!
Project Picture:

Challenge: House Unity
Project Name & Page Link: Hufflepuff Themed Pillow Cover
Brief Description: I made this for @seeuudee for the Owl Post Swap. I used the Color Jolt Pillow Pattern purchased from Etsy (link above) and the Hufflepuff FQ bundle from AnchorQuilt (also on Etsy). I hadnā€™t done paper piecing in a while and ran into a few frustrating moments, but was really happy with the final product.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Iron Chef Hogwarts: Yellow/Orange
Project Name & Page Link: Potato and cheese pierogis
Brief Description: I attempted to make pierogis from scratch last night. They were ok. Iā€™m impressed they stayed together, actually, so Iā€™ll take that win. The flavor was ok, but the dough was probably a little thick (it was tough to roll out!) and a little bland. Iā€™m not sure I will go through the effort to make these again vs buying frozen ones in the store, but it was a fun adventure! I used Yukon gold potatoes!
Project Picture:

5 Likes

And I absolutely love the final product :smiley:

1 Like