CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2021

That stumpwork sunflower @seeuudee :heart_eyes:

And I love your modular baskets @MistressJennie

I just got an email telling me I won a new member award cause of all the likes you guys gave me - thanks so much for all welcoming me back with open arms team

5 Likes

Yay! It’s May! The new Iron Chef Hogwarts Challenge is…

:lemon: :banana: :pineapple: :carrot: May: ORANGE/YELLOW. Turmeric, mango, sweet potatoes! Bring some sunshine into your cooking this month. Try an orange loaf cake, rosemary corn on the cob, or roasted sweet potatoes.

1 Like

A new Headmistress prompt has been posted!

Not quite a Friday advanced studies update, but last stitch just crossed on part 3 of 4 :smiley:

6 Likes

Love the progress @seeuudee!

@plaidpineapple - congrats on completing your AS project! Those bras are super impressive, especially the underwire ones…wow! And you have earned 100 points for your house! :tada: :tada:

Challenge: Head - book club chapter 15
House: Hufflepuff
Project:
I (unusually for me) used a kit to make this because I loved the design. Although I come across as very confident, I’m actually not - I tend to box myself in to following the ‘rules’. Even if I don’t agree that they’re the best way I assume that they were made by someone who knows better than me. This design reminds me that that isn’t necessarily true, and sometimes I have to step up and step out when if it seems scary.
Oh, and just in case that doesn’t follow the rules of the prompt closely enough, there are also 8 colours in the design :grin:

7 Likes

I LOVE THAT!! :fist:

AWESOME! :thread: :heartpulse:

A new Hermione’s Book Club prompt has been posted! Apologies for the delay.

I kind of wandered off into the woods in a feral funk to commune with my inner goblin for April and somehow missed all the fun of the Weasley Wizarding Wheezes and the triumphant return of @Noodle (a belated welcome to Hufflpepuff!) but I am back. The Hufflepuff Spreadsheet has been updated, and I would like to announce @Whistlefish as the well deserved winner of the Hufflepuff Easter Egg Hunt. You can see her awesome little bunny painting here: [link].

4 Likes

I suppose I should actually drop a project or two to show something for the time spent goblining around.

Class: Alchemy
Project Name: Gray Bunnies Littlefee Dress
Description: Gray! Very Gray. But bunnies, so somehow also cute and spring-y.

Class: Flying
Project Name: Orange Chickies Pukifee Doll Dress
Description: My grandmother used to sing Chickery Chick all the time, and I could not get it out of my head as I was sewing dresses with this fabric.

2 Likes

I didn’t even notice @noodle was now a ‘Puff! Lucky house. :wink:

1 Like

Oh my goodness, I love it!

Darling dresses!

~ COMPLETED ADVANCED STUDIES ~
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Spring Bulbs Planting Guide
Project Page Link: Spring Bulbs Planting Guide :tulip:
Brief Description: I’ve been doing some extra Herbology classes to get caught up and this semester I have my spring Bulbs guide to turn into Professor Sprout!
Project Picture:

And now that it’s done I’ve been contemplating my next “big” project…in the meantime though…I’m attempting to power through my other outstanding OWL I proposed in Feb 2020! It’s so close to being done!

6 Likes

Wow, this came out amazing, so beautiful

1 Like

Gorgeous work! And you’ve just earned 100 points for your house! :tada: :tada:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - May
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: Purple Silk Chiffon Market Tote
Brief Description: I trust Darn Good Yarn, not only for beautiful yarns, but also ones that are ethically sourced, and that come from recycled or upcycled materials. I scored a 4 pack of their ombre shaded chiffon ribbon yarn on clearance for 75% off.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

Wow Whistlefish, I REALLY love your crossticht. Is the pattern available online?

1 Like