CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2019/20

@Jeanne - those sound delicious and easy enough to be right up my alley, cooking wise. I’ll have to give them a try!

Class or Challenge Title: Hagrid’s Christmas Tree - Ribbons
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Replacement Pencil Pouch
Brief Description: I used this tutorial to replace my old pencil ouch that had been used to death. The process involves quilting regular old fabric to felt to create a nice, stiff whole to work with. For once I managed to find a thread and zipper in the same green as the main fabric to really tie the whole thing together.

Class or Challenge Title: Muggle Studies
Project Name & Page Link: Cheery Floral Doll Dress
Brief Description: I needed to make something cheery to drive away the winter blues, and this doll dress fit the bill.

I hope you like them! Please let me know how you make yours. :slight_smile:

Happiest of Birthdays to our very own Advanced Studies Examiner, the Chairwoman of Iron Chef Hogwarts, and the very best GryffinMaus there ever was, @Abbeeroad!
Abbee

3 Likes

Happy YOU day, Abbee!!

Oh man. My name actually fits pretty perfect on that cake! :laughing: thank you friends!

1 Like

Happy birthday @Abbeeroad, I hope your day was wonderful.

Class or Challenge Title: Charms
Project Name & Page Link: Itty Bitty Doll Dress
Brief Description: Despite its size in the picture, this particular dress is only about 2.5 inches tall. The small size, plus the fact that I was trying to squeeze it out of a barely big enough scrap, made concentration and accuracy even more important than usual for this project.

Class or Challenge Title: Hagrid’s Tree - Lights
Project Name & Page Link: Vintage Fabric Scrap Boxy Pouch
Brief Description: My Aunt (or rather rather my grandmother’s best friend from middle school who’s just part of the family by now) has been having a rough time of it lately, so mom and I wanted to put together a care package as a pick-me-up. I found some vintage fabric in my stash that I thought she’d like (and there’s a good chance it came from her stash originally) and whipped up a tiny little boxy pouch for her. I’m not sure what she’ll use it for, but it was the perfect size to hold three lindt chocolate balls.

I love that fabric (and the bees earlier, obvs. lol) such lovely tiny work you do!

@Abbeeroad: It’s amazing what can be done with the clone stamp tool. Especially when ‘APPEE’ only needs to be turned into Abbee. I just cloned appee, then recloned to repeat the upper loops on the P’s, to make the lower loops on the B’s. I was pretty proud of it. :wink:

You should be! It’s awesome!

Class: charms
House: Slytherin
Project Name: many many wash clothes
Project description: for Lynn’s Christmas present this year I made her many many wash clothes. I ended up with 10. Most are in this picture. (Some she already used and were in the wash)

Class: HoM
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Happy Birthday
Project description: reflecting on my birthday last year made me paint a birthday related painting. This painting reminds me of several of my birthdays as a kid and as an adult. I love brightly colored cakes.

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

@Trillian, your post of the Replacement Pencil Pouch doesn’t have a full challenge title, so it hasn’t been given points. It just says ‘Hagrid’s Christmas Tree’, but not which of those individual challenges you’re submitting it for. If you want to edit the post, then let me know, I can go ahead and give it points.

@MistressJennie Whoops! It was supposed to be ribbons. I’ll go ahead and fix that.

Class or Challenge Title: Hagrid’s Tree - Candles
Project Name & Page Link: That 70s Itty Bitty Boxy Pouch
Brief Description: Actually, I’m not really sure whether Aunt Gloria originally stashed this fabric in the 60s or in the 70s, but it’s certainly got the “harvest gold” glow of the era. My childhood kitchen called, it would like its curtains back.

Class or Challenge Title: SoAR
Project Name & Page Link: LGT Swap Boxy Pouch
Brief Description: I have had the No-Guts Boxie Pouch pattern pinned on my “someday” craft board for years, and for some reason decided the recent Little Good Things swap was the time to finally make it. The instructions were pretty clear, but I found the whole process fiddly. It definitely helped me wrap my head around how these sort of bags/pouches are made, though. I found that in the end I don’t mind having the boxed corners of a bag in its interior - they add a little more stability and can be tacked down if you feel they get in the way.

Class or Challenge Title: 12 Trees - Tree Skirt
Project Name & Page Link: Heart Latch Hook Rug
Brief Description: This rug is definitely all about welcoming people into our house, and I am so thankful it is done! It was probably close to a 5 year WIP, when all was said and done.
Project Picture:

6 Likes

Are you kidding me? That rug is amazing, @fishstix43!!

2 Likes

OMG @fishstix43, that’s awesome!

1 Like

@fishstix43 That rug is awesome! I wouldn’t even want to put it on the floor, just hang it on the wall to admire!

1 Like

@fishstix43 you let people walk on that!?
It’s too beautiful, tell me it’s on the wall even if you have to lie to me. Lol

1 Like