CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2019/20

Bah Humbug to that! Hope you feel better soon!

Iā€™m in a similar boat. I am just a few stitches away from a finished project, but we passed the stomach flu around the family this week and I just donā€™t have it in me yet. Soon, thoughā€¦hopefully this weekend. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

I feel all of you who have been sick. We never got the stomach flu but we did get that nasty head cold that was bad for like 5 days and lingered for nearly three weeksā€¦
I do have a project to turn in but it will have to wait till tomorrow.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got plenty of stuff to post, but we got an extension so now Iā€™m lazyā€¦ And Iā€™m also on my last day of work, will start my new unemployment period with something fun at least :slight_smile:

1 Like

To everyone who has spent some time in the hospital wing with ailments: Get better soon! And I hope to see finished projects from you all to show that those pepperup potions worked their magic. :wink:

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

@Eddie; Forgive me, but are you new to the HPC? Or are you previous member, and have changed your username? Iā€™m trying hard to keep up with the name changes, but Iā€™m afraid of missing someone. :thinking:

2 Likes

Challenge Christmas trees-tree skirt
House ravenclaw
Project- a decorative and functional pouch. I am trying to make something every day in Jan. This is todayā€™s make. It is for a friend who is going away for a few weeks. This is my first time trying tabs at the end of the zip. My friend loves grey, I couldnā€™t resist a tiny pop of colour at the tabs- scraps of caramel corn fabric.

1 Like

Challenge: Hagridā€™s treesā€”tinsel
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Owl Christmas painting
Project description: I took a pre printed canvas I found at Michaels and painted it up for the holidays. The last step included putting glitter on all of the snow! Itā€™s hard to see in the picture but there is glitter on all of the snow and some glitter on the stars as well.

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Hagridā€™s Christmas Tree - Icicles
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Ritz Rolo Combo
Brief Description: It was the first day of the spring semester this week, so I wanted to make some treats for our student employees to help ease the transition. I made my usual Ritz-Rolo combos - super easy and super quick. Just lay a bunch of ritz crackers down on a cookie sheet with an unwrapped rolo on top. Heat in a warm oven (around 250 degrees) for about 5 minutes, then remove and smoosh another ritz cracker on top. If itā€™s hard to smoosh your chocolate/caramel, put it back in the oven for a few more minutes until it gets to the right temperature to be gooey but not too melty. If I had a larger lipped cookie sheet (that lip is very important) it probably wouldnā€™t even make the time mark to count as a project. But it is the perfect intersection of good taste for minimal effort.

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Stash
Project Name & Page Link: Pumpkaboo Amigurumi
Brief Description: I inherited a ton of acrylic yarn a couple of years ago, and I am slowly using it to make various amigurumi. We love Pokemon, but theyā€™re so recognizable that sometimes good patterns are hard to find. I was pretty impressed with the picture on this Pumpkaboo one, so I gave it a shot. Itā€™s not perfect, but itā€™s serviceable. :slight_smile: Picture is next to a purchased stuffie of the same 'mon, so you get the idea.
Project Picture:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Hagridā€™s Christmas Tree - Garland
Project Name & Page Link: Raindrops Doll Dress
Brief Description: So far the local winter weather has been mostly rain (we had a surprise snow, but it didnā€™t last). Itā€™s not the picturesque raindrops featured in this fabric, mostly just oppressively gray and damp, but who wants to craft with those adjectives in mind?

Class or Challenge Title: Apparition
Project Name & Page Link: 12 coin envelopes
Brief Description: Made for the Good Little Things Swap through the very scientific method of carefully pulling apart an old envelope and tracing it onto scrapbook paper

Class or Challenge Title: House Pride
Project Name & Page Link: Bumblebee Dress
Brief Description: Black and yellow, that ever popular color combination among bees, Pittsburgh sports teams, and Hufflepuffs.

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Potions
Project Name & Page Link: Popcorn Project Pouch
Brief Description: I made this pouch for the Little Good Things swap using Amista Bakerā€™s Popcorn Pouch pattern. The basic idea with these pouches is that they lie flat for storage but can puff up like a bag of popcorn in the microwave when you put stuff into them.

Trillian, you are busy, busy!! Love the little pouch.

Iā€™m just gonna leave this hereā€¦whistles and walks away

:wink:

• panic at the yule ball *

NEWT Proposal
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Happy Birthday from Teddy Book
Project description: I wanna write and illustrate a childrenā€™s book featuring my original character, Teddy Cuddlestuff. Iā€™m thinking itā€™ll take 12 to 14 illustrations. If I can do two to three paintings a week I think I can have it done between four and six weeks. I must write the story first. The I have to sketch everything out. After that Iā€™ll paint all the paintings. I donā€™t know how Iā€™ll make it into a book yet. But Iā€™ll think about that later.

1 Like

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Class or Challenge Title: Astronomy
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name & Page Link: Tateronis
Brief Description: This is something that the family loves and that uses things we usually have on hand. Tateroni is a baked potato (scrubbed but not skinned) that is sliced crossways, then stuffed with pepperoni in the slices. We added a slice of black olives into some, and a slice of mushroom into others. Add your favorite marinara sauce, top with mozzarella, and bake until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese melts. Some folks prefer to broil and get the browned cheese but my family likes the softer baked version. With the onset of a winter ice storm, this is our tastebudsā€™ battle against climate change from warmer to subarctic weather.
There is no official recipe that we follow.

tateroni1
tateroni2

1 Like

Umā€¦I need to try this!

Let me know what you think! I love the versatility :slight_smile: