CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2020/21

Looks like happy birthday to @MistressJennie ? Lol… there’s cake near your name!

Anniversary I think :balloon::balloon:

1 Like

@MistressJennie - I bet all of those candles smell amazing :slight_smile:

Phew! You’re a lifesaver!

I was wondering the same about the cake slice today @AntBee and @CraftsUntold! I knew it wasn’t MJ’s b-day…you solved it AntBee!

HBD @Inselaeffchen!!

4 Likes

Challenge: house unity
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Peanut Butter cornflake candy

Project Description: nothing brings people together more than old-fashioned candy. To bring together my family. Over long distances (and several different houses) I made this candy for the holidays. (I actually made three batches! I just took a little picture for you all)
2 Likes

@MistressJennie Phew! You just made my evening a lot less stressful.

Happy New Year, everyone!

I got my Christmas cards out. Today. Lol. At least they left the house at all.

Happy New Year, everyone! :boom:

3 Likes

Thank you so much!!

PHEW! I really have to post some things soon… :wink:

Thank you, @Abbeeroad ! Was a bit of a different one really (we were in self isolation as the girls had a positive case in each of their classes - over the first 5 of the 10 days the numbers rose to 10 positive cases!!), but we had snow, went sledging and had good food!

Thank you for your birthday wishes as well, @AntBee

1 Like

Class/Challenge: Headmistress, 12 Trees - Garland
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: C2C Scarves
Brief Description: Winter is very snowy & cold where I live, so for this challenge I made scarves to keep people warm. :slight_smile:
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: Headmistress, 12 Trees - Lights
Project Name: Friendship Bracelet
Brief Description: I made this bracelet to light up the heart of a friend.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: Headmistress, 12 Trees - Star
Project Name: Crochet Your Fade Shawl
Brief Description: Crocheting is one of my best crafts, so for this challenge I crocheted a shawl! It feels like it took forever because it’s made with sock yarn (& I had to frog & redo the first third because I read the pattern wrong). I’m not sure if I like it or not, but I think I’ve been staring at it for too long. :grin:
Project Picture:

(pattern)

4 Likes

AS Progress Friday!
House: Slytherin :snake: :yarn:
Project Name & Page Link: Mike’s Custom Scarf

The colorwork chart is DONE! It’s round and round in stockinette for another 2-ish feet. I’ll be so happy to have it done soon.

BEFORE (October)

AFTER

1 Like

Class: Transfiguration
House: Slytherin
Project Name: chocolate chess pie

Project Description: I made this pie almost exactly like the recipe but I substituted 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk for the evaporated milk. It makes the pie more candy like. Almost caramel like on the bottom. It’s very good. I did it by accident once and now do it on purpose.
2 Likes

Hi everyone! I’ve loved seeing all of your posts just now :smiley: Here is my project dump for the Headmistress Challenge - most of this was created as Holiday Gifts :gift:

Class or Challenge Title: December - Trees Angel
House: :lion: Gryffindor :heart: :yellow_heart:
Project Name & Page Link: Sloth Ornament/Door Hanger
Brief Description: I made this as part of a Christmas gift for my little angel Goddaughter. She loves sloths and was so excited to receive this from me, which makes it so great!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: December - Trees Baubles
Project Name & Page Link: Union Jack Cushion Cover
Brief Description: I made this for my partner in the Holiday Swap… I loved how it turned out! I have one on my to-do list for 2021, as I really want one for myself :stuck_out_tongue:
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: December - Trees Bells
Project Name & Page Link: Garlic Braid
Brief Description: Taste :tongue:and Smell :nose:t2:! This was my very first garlic crop which I harvested in November. I made this braid myself and it is currently hanging in my laundry. I know it’s not perfect, but I’m SO proud of it :smiley:
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: December - Trees Candles
Project Name & Page Link: Netflix Blanket
Brief Description: This was a Christmas gift for a lady I worked with in 2020. She and I used to chat about great shows to watch, and I had this in mind for her for ages! I couldn’t find a pattern to buy that I liked, so I just designed my own.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: December - Fake Snow
Project Name & Page Link: Bluey Machine Embroidered T-Shirt
Brief Description: This was a gift for my friends’ son for Christmas, he (and she) loved it! I purchased the pattern online.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: December - Garland
Project Name & Page Link: Watercolour Painting
Brief Description: I hope I can have a little creative license with this prompt, as there’s nothing “Wintery” about my surroundings :stuck_out_tongue:
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: December - Icicles
Project Name & Page Link: Homemade Chicken Broth
Brief Description: Link to recipe I like to make this every once in a while when I’ve had a chance to buy some really cheap chicken frames from the market…it tastes SO GOOD! (I just drink it sometimes :stuck_out_tongue: )
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: December - Trees Lights
Project Name & Page Link: Bluey Finger Puppet
Brief Description: Boy oh boy did this light up a little one year old’s face :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: December - Trees Star
Project Name & Page Link: Chevron Quilt
Brief Description: This was a gift in the Holiday Swap for my partner. The fabric pull is one of my most favourite parts of making a quilt, and some lovely LCers have complemented me on my ability to select fabrics that go well together :blush: :star:
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: December - Trees Tree Skirt
Project Name & Page Link: Sea Themed Fabric Basket
Brief Description: This basket was created for the Holiday Swap. My partner liked ocean themed items and I felt that the outer fabric beautifully represented the sea. The yellow on the inside is for the sand :beach_umbrella:
Project Picture:

1 Like

A new Headmistress Challenge has been posted!

4 Likes

:heart: Would anyone be interested in an HPC Valentine’s Craft Date at Madam Puddifoot’s? :heart:

4 Likes

Love this prompt!

I would! Tea and cakes and crafts. Would be a fun date!

Yes!!! Is it a prompt? Or a zoom meet up? After today’s zoom I realized I needed more of it in my life. :grin:

2 Likes

It would be a Zoom (or discord, or Google Chat or something) meetup. I don’t have a professional Zoom account, so we’d be ousted after 45 minutes, unless we were to somehow use the one @kittykill got for LC.

1 Like