CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2020/21

Let me know when and I can set up the zoom meeting.

2 Likes

It would be really fun. If it happens I would definitely want to participate. My only hindrance is time of day. I’m almost guaranteed to get 1:30 to 3:00 pm daily and anytime after 8:30pm (Eastern Standard) but I appreciate how limited that is so we’ll see how it plays out.

I’ve done it when we all just log in again soon as it kicks us out. A minor inconvenience but it keeps us free. 🤷

I have a pro zoom account, so depending on day/time of the meetup I would be happy to host on my account.

2 Likes

Dependent on times, I would love to join in :smiley:

Wouldn’t miss it! :heart:

Hey Ms. @Abbeeroad, do you want to tell everyone what the new Iron Chef ingredient is?

Yes! I was just in the process of getting all my loose HPC ends tied up! Sorry, I try to avoid the computer when I’m not working on it 9-5 everyday, but break’s over now, so…here it is!

Iron Chef Hogwarts January Secret Ingredient: Grapefruit!
Grapefruit is for more than breakfast. Try these pink grapefruit dessert bars, grapefruit rice, or grapefruit chicken!

3 Likes

And here’s my crazy post of holiday projects! Phew!

Challenge Title: December Trees: Angel
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: Spell Pendants
Brief Description: I made these for a few angels in my life! Random spell-y bits like crystals, shells, stones, lavender buds, and some crushed up rose petals all encased in resin for a wearable talisman.
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: December Trees: Baubles
Project Name & Page Link: More masks, ugh!
Brief Description: These fabrics are SO my style. I really wanted to keep them, but they are for Mr. Road and my BIL. They better appreciate them!
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: December Trees: Bells
Project Name & Page Link: Sugar Cookies
Brief Description: Nothing beats Betty Crocker when it comes to these holiday classics. I make these every year. This year I had help from my 3-year-old daughters. The bright colors and the delicious smell appeal to both sight and smell!
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: December Trees: Candles
Project Name & Page Link: Holly Berry Ornaments
Brief Description: Every year I make an ornament for the grandparents that feature my kids in some way. This year I did resin-encased photos arranged like holly berries. The grandparents definitely got all glow-y over these!
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: December Trees: Fake Snow
Project Name & Page Link: Stamped Holiday Cards
Brief Description: I couldn’t resist this “all is bright” stamp when I saw it in Michaels. Combined with some wine cork circles, it made for a festive holiday card this year.
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: December Trees: Garland
Project Name & Page Link: Winter Woods Fabric Journal Page
Brief Description: Inspired by the natural, snowy winter woods, I stitched up this journal page for the fabric journal page swap here on LC.
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: December Trees: Icicles
Project Name & Page Link: Pretzels!
Brief Description: I actually made these pretzels from a mix that came with a set I received from Pampered Chef. I’m sure you could use a recipe, too, but I haven’t tried one yet!
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: December Trees: Lights
Project Name & Page Link: Moon Ring Dishes
Brief Description: I made these for a few recipients over the holidays. They seemed to be well received! Painted air dry clay and a spray glaze.
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: December Trees: Star
Project Name & Page Link: Mandala House
Brief Description: Made with Apoxie Sculpt, this little house showcases my “chaotic talent,” lol, if you can call it that. Basically, make something messy look nice…you know, like my life in general. :laughing:
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: December Trees: Tree Skirt
Project Name & Page Link: Pinboards
Brief Description: What could be more decorative and functional than embroidery hoop pinboards?
Project Picture:

3 Likes

@Abbeeroad love all your projects but I particularly like the spell pendants. Does one of them have a feather in it? I would love to receive something that special!

2 Likes

Those Moon dishes are fabulous! (Well, everything you’ve submitted is fabulous but I like those the best!)

2 Likes

No feather but that would be a great addition!

Class or Challenge Title: 12 Trees - Bells
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Charm Bracelet
Brief Description: This was a custom bracelet for a friend for Christmas. It appeals to the eyes with it’s colors, and to the ears as it jingles when worn.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: 12 Trees - Garland
Project Name & Page Link: House Mosaic
Brief Description: After taking that class on making bracelets with apoxie sculpt with Abbeeroad, we decided to take another one making house mosaics. These are perfect, because the wintery world around me, makes me want to stay inside my nice warm house and craft.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: 12 Trees - Star
Project Name & Page Link: Lettuce Craft Bookmarks
Brief Description: One of my talents is making beaded jewelry and bookmarks. I made up this bundle of bookmarks for kittykill to use as prizes for Lettuce Craft challenges and contests.
Project Picture:

1 Like

All of these are fantastic, but that house mosaic is simply gorgeous and unique!

1 Like

That house mosaic is GORGEOUS! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

AS Completion
House: Slytherin :snake: :yarn:
Project Name & Page Link Mike’s Custom Level Scarf
Brief Description: OMG, it’s finally done and I can work on something else guilt free! Custom, colorwork in the round scarf, commissioned by friend. See finished object post for more.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Awesome work! You’ve just earned 100 points for your house! :tada: :snake: :tada:

1 Like

Class/Challenge: Headmistress, 12 Trees - Baubles
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Pumpkin Patch Shawl
Brief Description: Green is one of my favorite colors, so I used a mostly green yarn to make a shawl for myself. :slight_smile:
Project Picture:

(pattern)

Class/Challenge: Headmistress, 12 Trees - Candles
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Raphael Ninja Turtle
Brief Description: This crocheted ninja turtle will give its recipient a warm & happy glow. :grin:
Project Picture:

(pattern)

5 Likes

~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Teal Talon Throw
House: Slytherin :snake: :yarn:
Brief Description: Got the itch to knit a throw blanket! Fell in love with the Talon Throw (Rav link) by Jared Flood. It’s not massive, but it will still probably take me until this time next year to finish. I’ve never knitted a blanket large than a baby sized one.

Cute Ninja Turtle!

1 Like