CLOSED: Nerd Games - Summer 2020

Sorry for being absent for so long. Last month I lost my best friend and fur baby, Venkman, and I just wasn’t up for much. I am trying to get myself out of the slump and back to crafting slowly. I realized I had more to offer up on here than I thought I did so I figured I would jump back in. Hopefully, this will push me to continue when I start feeling sorry for myself and I’m throw pity parties.

Prompt: July - Clover
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Reusable Pee-Pee Pad
Project Link: -0-
Brief Description: Before my sweet baby passed, he was on lots f fluids and wasn’t walking well. He was 21 after all. He started not making it to the litter box so I put down pee-pee pads. He used them but due to the fluids he was using about 5 a day. I couldn’t afford to keep that up so I made him some washable ones. I got tablecloth fabric from the store and sewed up about 5 pads out of terrycloth (make sure you wash it first so it doesn’t shrink). Then I added Cam snaps. He used it immediately and I would just wash them up each day. Sorry, this was the only pick I got before I packed it up. The pads were made in green.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July – Creeping Ivy
Project Name: Patchouli’s overalls
Project Link: Patchouli the Skunk
Brief Description: 2020 is going down as the year I discovered felt. LOL! I constructed these overalls for my Skunk, Patchouli. The clothing was my own design. The top part wraps around his neck like creeping ivy.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July - Flowers
Project Name: Patchouli the Skunk
Project Link: Patchouli the Skunk
Brief Description: And here is Patchouli! I altered the pattern for the raccoon to make this little stinker. Skunks are odorific!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July - Shrubbery
Project Name: Quackers the Goose
Project Link: Cheese & Quackers Felt dolls
Brief Description: I made this little gooseling out of felt, which some people may consider scratchy. He is also a sturdy little guy because he can stand on almost any surface since his lefts are poseable.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July – Tall Grasses
Project Name: Catio for my Cats!
Project Link: Cat door in window
Brief Description: I recently gifted my cats with a catio. I had to construct a way for them to get to it, yet try to keep the bugs out and AC inside. I made this out of Plexiglas and a cat door. I used the blade from the saw to cut the Plexiglas, and it covers the window.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: August – Great White Shark
Project Name: Catio
Project Link: Catio for my Cats!
Brief Description: This is the catio and base that I constructed for my cats. They love it. It’s pretty big in my opinion. Without the base it is 71”x39”x71”.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: August – Nurse Shark
Project Name: Cheese the Duck
Project Link: Cheese & Quackers Felt dolls
Brief Description: Cheese the duck is Quackers BFF and they both went to live with my sister.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: August – Shark vs Orca - ORCA
Project Name: Star Wars Shelf
Project Link: Star Wars Shelf
Brief Description: This shelf is black and white, just like an Orca! I added Star Wars wall paper to the back of it and fairy light to the top for a curio cabinet type feel
Project Photo(s):

Whew. Sorry for such a project dump but it feels great to be back!

5 Likes