CLOSED - Thing-A-Day February 2024

Valentine grams. There will be a pencil attached. We added the option this year to allow students to send to each other (previously just parents → kids), and that really increased the volume. :woman_facepalming: We are also doing flowers for teachers/staff.

I had to take a break to work on Valentine boxes. One down, one in progress:

15 Likes

And box #2!

14 Likes

That balloon animal is :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Day 10 - loading next project on my loom

12 Likes

Exciting!

About halfway through the grams but calling it a night. We got a start on our valentines at least:

14 Likes

Feb 10

20240210_211352

Vague pictures for this thread, apparently, because my “thing” may or may not be swap related.

7 Likes

I worked on a zine today! I made better progress than i thought i would.

7 Likes

Made several wee trees today along with some other futzing around.

13 Likes

I had the whole day at home today, so my thing for today was finishing the clear out of my sewing space, and then continuing work on secret swap items.

13 Likes

Is this the same space you posted a picture of a while ago?? You’ve worked really hard, it looks like the perfect place for sewing now.

5 Likes

Yes! I posted on the destash thread, there’s been some very inspiring and encouraging chat on there, it really helped me. Thank you my friend :smile:

6 Likes

Wow! What a transformation!

We have a jam packed day today. Considering bringing my knitting to the cheer comp to get my crafting in…

5 Likes

Today was heart balloons. These used wet on wet technique and the blue one used wet on dry. It’s fun to see the differences both techniques make.

13 Likes

Back in the olden days, women would bring their knitting everywhere! So I see no reason not to bring your knitting.

We went to a museum today, had a lot of fun but now I’m tired. But I already cooked dinner yesterday, so I hope to find the energy to do some cross stitch. Last weekend I ironed some scrappy quilt blocks that I’d hoped to square up this week, but it didn’t happen. Maybe tomorrow! I also didn’t get around to quilting the two baby quilts I basted last weekend. I need the backing scraps from those two to use as sashing for the scrap project.

5 Likes

Day 10 - finished half of 4 motifs:

12 Likes

I’m loving watching your progress!

3 Likes

I still adore the balloon dog

3 Likes

Today’s thing was a Silly Tea Party for the 5 year old to host for 4 (The two of us and two wacky aunt characters.)
I hung up all the buntings from @magpie, @endymion , and @Cindy and the fabric garland thing I made last week. we set all the things up and did proper tea/coffee pots and china cups (with Holly Hobbie on them) and wore dresses and tiaras/Easter bonnets and too much costume jewelry with fancy gloves and feather boas. I’m ready for a nap. lol

15 Likes

You are such a good mum. I planned & collected for things like this but never pulled off the actual event. You two, erm FOUR, look faaaaabulous, da’lings. & the tea looks elegantly scrumptious!

My thing is a card making party.

13 Likes

Aww thanks! I’m trying to do a silly something each month. Last month was a happy Unbirthday (a lá Alice in Wonderland) this month Silly Tea party. Next month will have something to do with the fairies, gnomes, tomtes and leprechauns. Not sure exactly what. I know in the summer I want to do a Firefly Tea party after dark.

10 Likes