CLOSED - Thing-A-Day February 2024

Gorgeous! What fantastic fun!

4 Likes

Super fun ideas!! Looks like it was a hit with the kiddo, too…score.

Our evening plans have been canceled due to a sick kid…who also just had a cap fall off her tooth. Looks like I’m calling the doctor and the dentist in the morning…

At least being home gives us time to work on our valentines and Dalmatian shirts for the 101st day of school (that one is clearly missing).

@Immaculata - I did bring my knitting but full bleachers and a lot of noise was not really conducive to knitting, so it never made it out of my bag. :pensive:

11 Likes

How sweet, looks like you all had fun!

4 Likes

@photojenn Thanks for showing the comparison of the wet on dry and wet on wet, it’s really neat to see the differences and imagine how one might want a different technique for a different vibe.

@AntBee SOOOO CUUUUTE! Y’all look soooo fancy!

Today I did more paper crafting on the same project and the plan for which has coalesced a bit more over the last couple of days. I’m tickled with the route it’s taking so far. I also made Valentine cookies, but blarg… not as fun.

MobileBday00e

10 Likes

Day 11 - crocheted socks for hubby’s stool, he was sick of the felt pieces falling off. I used variegated cotton so they don’t look the same but are similar enough.
IMG_4219

12 Likes

Chair socks are on my list, too, for the same reason. Those sticky felt things lack in enough stickiness.

5 Likes

Day 11 - finished 4 half finished motifs:

Now the hippo has 4 feet!

14 Likes

My thing from yesterday:

And from the day before:

And from the day before that:

16 Likes

I was away this weekend and didn’t really do any crafting, although I did make a cocktail one night and artfully drizzle chocolate in a martini glass another. So I did thing something two of the days.

Back on index cards this evening, probably.

8 Likes

I found the most bizarre vessel to draw at class today.

13 Likes

Haha…what a funky looking thing! You captured its curves nicely.

5 Likes

Any idea what it’s used for?

Kind of reminds me of a mate cup.

4 Likes

Day 12 - I made an ATC today but can’t share as its for a swap.

7 Likes

It’s an art center so thinking it might have been a demonstration piece since there are different shapes and joins.

6 Likes

I crocheted another two granny squares and worked on my cross stitch sampler for a while! This is getting boring :wink: Hopefully later this week I’ll have more energy. But in the mean time, I’ve already crocheted half of the amount of granny squares that I need, and it looks like I’ll finish my sampler this month.

11 Likes

Haven’t finished a thing in a few days, but working steadily every day and making progress.

9 Likes

Today I put together treat plates for a couple neighbors and our local post office and put the tags to use.

VdaySpritz2024-04

13 Likes

I patchworked a mat for my kitty. She has CH so she is a very messy eater. I am hoping this will keep me from cleaning my carpets so often. She has to eat on carpet to help her stand.
I still have to quilt and bind it.

9 Likes

Still cutting hearts for Valentine grams…

They still have to be addressed and assembled. Not to mention the flowers…

I will not be volunteering for this task next year.

14 Likes

My thing for today is a chalk obstacle course:

I usually do super elaborate ones but this one was kid-directed specifically and she did the opening sequence entirely on her own.

13 Likes