Color in a Box Swap 2020 Gallery

I received today from my partner, @Nicole.

Box goodness…she said that she had to work totally from stash, including the packing materials!

Card she handpainted.

Resin with lavender; it isn’t attached to anything…yet!

Adorable box…

…with adorable embroidered pin inside! I’m in the process of getting my real estate license, so I asked for accessories/etc to help me revamp my wardrobe.

Miniature bunting! I have a sewing room decorated with everyone else’s art, so this will definitely go up in there somewhere.

Embroidered hoop. Also with “house” theme!

I will have fun figuring out where to hang these last two things, as well as what I will do with the lavender in resin!

5 Likes

Yay you got it! :grin:

I love that house hoop…

Can the resin piece be made into a pendant? I love wearing unusual and long necklaces with something like that on it…it looks like amber or pale topaz…

1 Like

Ooh, that drawstring bag is so colorful and pretty. Can I ask what you do with fabric postcards? Are they just another way to “mugrug?” Did you see me make that a verb, there? ha.

Oy! What a pretty flowery embroidered pillow!

I adore that windchime! And the notecards are cute!

Nice packages!

1 Like

The fabric postcard is an alternative way to write a postcard. The pattern I used suggested that it is possible to send it through the mail, and it could be reused if there was an erasable surface on it. I covered the writing surface with thin clear vinyl, so that if she wants to “use” it for something it can be written on and erased!

I was thinking about making it into a pendant, yes. It is about 2" long, and weighs pretty much nothing so it would be fine on a standard type of chain I think. I’m trying to decide how to make it wearable.
Also, the drawstring bag…I did not take any pictures of the process. I’m really bad about that. Most of the coolest stuff I come up with starts out as one vision, then completely morphs into something else. I will say that the bag is made out of 3 embroidered placemats I found at a discount store. I seamripped the backing from the fronts, and used 2 of the 3 backings as the round bottom under the faux leather, as well as the drawstrings and the casings for the drawstrings. I happened to see a post here on lettucecraft that pointed the way for the method of closure; I’ll have to find it and link to it. Japanese Rice Bag
Once I’m not making masks (my aunt works with Navajo people who weave beautiful art rugs and make jewelry and she requested almost 75 masks for the families who have been hit especially hard with the virus), I’ll see if I can make another bag and do a pseudo-tutorial.

I think a simple wire wrap cage might be nice…or if it is drillable, maybe a hole all the way through? It looks heavier than it is…

You had me at placemats…wow…I was mostly curious about how it was put together…it is has a very bohemian style which I love…

You are a good person to help make masks for the Navajo…they have been overlooked by this administration but I hear they just got some funding…let’s hope they are able to contain it…

1 Like

How did this happen? We have a gallery filled with the most awesome colourful goodies and I completely missed it filling up, I just stumbled over the notification for Ewulotta’s package today. (Although I’m missing a lot at the moment, I’m happy if I remember what day it is and if there is something special going on.) It is an absolute pleasure admiring everything. Funnily enough I’m absolutely drawn to all of that yarny goodness. Is it just the colours, or is there another bug going around? Or maybe it is because I imagine running away and hiding in a corner with a ball of yarn and a crochet hook is easier than with needle, thread, and several thousand beads in different containers… That space cadet yarn for example. Or the embroidery projects. Those teeny tiny hoops!

@Ewulotta I’m so glad you like everything! I wouldn’t let my kids glue all of those beads to stones (because I know those beads would end up everywhere), but maybe let them cover one stone all with beads? Sounds like an awesome project! Anyone who is patient enough could even make patterns, like a tiny mosaic. Or those mandala dots things. And now I want to play with beads and glue, too.

I totally missed this gallery too. But its been lovely looking at the amazing stuff. People have been spoiled!

Meanwhile my package to @jemimah is staring grumpily at me because I still can’t mail it out.

2 Likes

I hope it can be sent soon. Poor swap package!

Same. :confused:

It will happen!!

Wow! The gallery has exploded! Everything is so fantastic!!

I received such a lovely and awesome box of rainbowy goodness from Ewulotta, it absolutely brightened up my day (and still does! Sorry to post only now, those days are just zipping by!)
Eva mentioned she may be out of practice with swapping — I don’t think so at all! Look at all of those goodies!

Happy cards, rainy rainbow stones, the cutest pincushion, and finally my very own pattern weights! I‘m loving every single thing.

BUT do you see the nice mat it is all resting on? That’s an organiser! I can put an embroidery project in there, and have it on my lap or on a table to work from it. Inside:

A huge mesh pocket, perfect for patterns and a frame, nifty flap pockets secured with velcro and I love the two little yellow pincushion thingies. I love pincushions, but I do tend to stick the needles I’m working with anywhere around me, so this is great: can’t lose them there! So maybe the next time I need some time away from home I can grab some floss and fabric and just run away for an hour or two…

And just because they are so pretty here are the pattern weights and pincushion!

I’ve always loved those Westfalen fabrics but never got around to actually buying, now I don’t have to. Plus in this way they also come in really handy as I’m getting ever closer to finally a few pieces of clothing, so both patterns and pins will get lots of use. And hopefully really soon now.

Eva, this was so thoughtful and bright and happy, thank you very much! Way to jump back into swapping, full marks and a gold star!

9 Likes

I’m so glad you like everything!

1 Like

I like that pincushion and paperweights. What a clever idea.

Oh, those pattern weights would not last long at my house. Too tempting! We’d be using them to juggle or something and then they would wind up behind the couch…

Everything is so colorful and cheery! And that organizer is super clever.

1 Like

I received from Raury today. She went with a rainbow theme and jellyfish. I love both things. They make me happy.
When I opened the box I found this lovely jellyfish looking up at me. He’s painted on a lovely box.

After I open the jellyfish box I found this lovely cross stitch and rainbow felt.

Thank you for everything it all makes me happy!

8 Likes

oh wow two rainbow posts in a row!!!

just love that organizer…so practical and well thought out…

the jellyfish hoop is just the cutest…

I think we need to make the rest of this month rainbow month…we all need this kind of cheering up!

I received from @AIMR! Oh my goodness! Did she ever spoil me.

Everything came wrapped up in the beautiful bright rice bag

Goodies inside the bag. A super cute face mask, washi tape, two pretty hankies, a spin sun catcher and a wonderful little snake plant for my dollhouse.

A fun tea towel for my kitchen. So cute!

And last, the most beautiful and soft shawl ever! I love the colors and the design.

Thank you so much, @AIMR. Yesterday was a rough one for me but your package lifted my spirits! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Ooh, look at all that pink for you! That shawl! That tea towel has me cracking up.