COMPLETE: Color in a Box Swap 2020: Sign ups 3/23-3/30. Send Outs: 5/1/2020

Yes, we have been in contact! I am almost finished with the first item and have ideas brewing for the rest!

1 Like

I’ve messaged back my partner.

I think I might have taken an idea and run a bit too far with it…we’ll see if I can bring it back to the theme of the swap more. It sort of took on a life of its own. :laughing:

2 Likes

I made significant progress on my main item. It was a much needed mental health break from my job.

I’ve been in contact. Totally forgot to come back here and reply though! Got to love scatterbrains at times!

1 Like

Okay! Let’s start the week off with a check in question. Please remember that you need to check in on this post.
This week’s question: What color(s) did you pick and why?

I picked pink, candy colors or red/yellow/mint green. I love pink. It just seems like a happy silly color. It reminds me of spring. I love sweet things aka candy and the colors make eating it all the better. Candy colors remind me of being a kid. LOL! The red/yellow/mint green is so retro to me-like a nice sunny day.

1 Like

Hm, I’d say for me that I went with my favorite colors of orange and teal because they are bright and happy.

I picked blue because I have the biggest stash of blue supplies!

1 Like

I picked rainbows because they make me happy.

I went with the colors I tend to gravitate toward: jewel tones (ie green, purple, etc)

1 Like

When your partner asks for lime green and fuschia, you do your best to get versions of those colors from stash. Luckily I had just enough in stash! I almost asked for other color choices!

I have made lots of progress! I’ve even showed sneak peeks to a few lucky folks!

2 Likes

Girl! See! I knew you had this!

2 Likes

I have always loved red and bright, rich colors. I think because I was always the dark headed one on our group and could get away with wearing them. I also spend my time in tropical or beachy areas where the sun washes out lighter colors.

Red, oranges, bright blues, purples, …they make me feel alive!

1 Like

I picked earthy greens because I have a jolly green tree themed office at work that I’ve made into a peaceful place. I’m missing the office, but thankful to be able to work from home right now and provide support for those on my caseload. I also picked purple as it is my favorite color and the colors of my bedroom.

1 Like

I picked pastel pink as it’s my favourite colour to wear and I like it with gold or ivory. I find it a relaxing colour.

My other choice was navy with gold or white as these are the colours in my house.

I also picked navy with gold. I love the way that the gold accents the dark navy.

1 Like

I picked aqua/teal/indigo because I find watery colours calm and soothing. I’ve always liked blues and greens, and my wedding/engagement ring is an aquamarine.

I picked greys/black & white/ red for a second option because my house is mostly grey and white with touches of red, and grey and red is my hubby’s favourite. I quite like greys, although it’s a bit boring - but any colour can look good in it, so I guess that’s a plus :art:

1 Like

My partner and I both picked jewel tones (on top of the navy I also picked). I really like their brightness and I find bright, vibrant colors to be cheery.

1 Like

I don’t know why, but I can’t find my questionaire in my sent messages so I can’t tell you 100% what colors I chose… But the lucky thing is I love anything colorful so literally any color is going to make me happy!

1 Like

I picked either cream/teal/salmon together (I find myself unconsciously choosing that combination a lot!) or jewel tones like garnet and emerald, just coz I think they’re pretty!

So far I’m just partway through one of my items, but it’s coming along nicely, and I’ve at least planned out the other three as well, and found some extras. :slight_smile:

I picked the whole bluey greeny teal, turquoise etc. I love them as they are so calming. But also pink, because it’s pretty and also basically any strong colours-because I like all the colours, apart from neons, I’m sorry guys, but you’re just too tough on my eyes

1 Like