COMPLETE: Color in a Box Swap 2020: Sign ups 3/23-3/30. Send Outs: 5/1/2020

I picked colours I love to wear and surround myself with – starting with black, but then there is purple, teal, seafoam, sage… and rainbow of course, always rainbow with all the colours!

1 Like

@Lynx Oh jeez, sorry to be difficult! I wasn’t really thinking. You can always do just green. Green is good.

I picked lime green and fuschia because lime is so happy and bright but I really don’t like yellow or orange which is what people usually go for when happy and bright. Lime is fun to look at. Fuschia is beautiful and reminds me of flowers. I went a bit overboard thinking of colors. Hopefully my partner doesn’t take it too seriously. Sorry, @Lynx! Green is just fine! Lol.

I’m workin on stuff but I’m also working on painted copies of my plague doctor embroidery… lol lots going on. I go back and forth between both projects as well as a monster high doll repaint.
I’m going a bit out of my comfort zone for this project but I worked a bit on this specific sort of craft over last summer so I think I have the hang of it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just finished the first item for this swap and I love how it turned out!

Now I have to wait before I can post it to the nerd games… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Lime green is one of my favorites…and paired with fuschia, it looks great! I always forget about this combo when it comes to swaps…I think people are stressing a bit because we are trying to work from our stashes…I didn’t have exactly what I needed in my stash, but I am sure my partner will be fine…

Plus, I got a sneak peek and your partner is just awesome… :smiley:

1 Like

No worries! I rose to the challenge! I like those colors too, but never buy them! I was able to make a package I think you’ll like! If it wasn’t for working from stash, it would have been easier, but I was inventive!

3 Likes

You’re awesome, dude

2 Likes

I’m almost done one thing. It’s turned out WAY bigger then I planned but all is good! I hope my partner likes it no matter what.

1 Like

Does this mean that you’re done already? :astonished:

I’m done… No idea how long it’s going to take to get to the other side of the world though

2 Likes

I don’t remember what colors I chose! I have been able to keep with the colors @roler chose out of my stash. I’ve completed a few smalls and am working on the larger item.

1 Like

Yes, but I am holding onto it until I finish another swap so I can make only one trip to PO.

Lots of free time nowadays.

1 Like

I picked bright red and earthy shades I think because they are the colors I usually wear. I especially like red accessories and I love my red shoes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Good to know :grin:

ARGGGHHHH!!! I made a booboo and now have to undo stuff to fix it. Project is in time out for a bit until I want to look at it again. Probably in a couple hours!

:confounded: I too have made a mistake and now have to get out the seam ripper.

I hope you’ve managed to make more progress on yours. I’m debating leaving mine for awhile and coming back to it later as well.

Yes mine is out of the time out corner and now nearly finished. Ended up being much larger then I thought it would be.

1 Like

I am still waiting for a major supply!!

Working on smaller projects as I cross my fingers that it will come this weekend so I can get started…

My partner, @kittykill, picked such a happy color…pink! I, personally, don’t wear or use the color much, and now I wonder why not? Even with my dark hair, pink makes my skin look amazing!

I was hoping to have mine mailed today, but the post office was closed.

2 Likes

Never mind - gives me a chance to catch up!! I made some good progress with your parcel over the last couple of days :thread: :flamingo: