COMPLETE: Ongoing ATC swap November 2021

Ongoing ATCs, November edition!

(ATC @Reinikka, photo by @Lynx)

Discussion and Gallery thread is here: Ongoing ATC swap gallery & discussion 2021
Please make sure you are Watching this thread, or check it regularly.

From the old c’ster thread: This is an ongoing swap, with your level of participation determined entirely by you, with a minimum of one card for the month. People of all levels of card making are welcome. Sign-ups are open all month. Please make sure you are not late or flaky in any of your other swaps, and that you have good communication.

Artist trading cards can be made by anyone, from any material, with any method. The official card is the size of a rectangular baseball card, 2.5 by 3.5 inches done in a cardstock weight paper. This swap tends to openly interpret what that means. We have seen cards made from nature, sewn, woven, and knitted, pop-ups, movables, mini books, stained glass, clay, and even a 4-d dollhouse room. All skill levels welcome, just send your best work (and try to refrain from critiquing your own cards in the gallery any more than you would anyone else’s!) Preferences can be mentioned when you make a claim.

Definitons:

atc: artist trading card.

ac: artist’s choice, in claiming the creator chooses any theme but sticks to requests like flat cards only or hand-drawn only.

tbd: to be determined, in claiming the artist will pick from the theme list later.

kid card or card made by kiddos: only allowed where the theme list specifically mentions that they would like a kid card. Kid cards are always welcome as extras and should be posted in the gallery.

bulky: are cards that will not fit in a plastic baseball card sleeve

Swap name: Ongoing ATC swap November 2021
Lettuce Craft member who is organizing this swap: thanate
Sign-up date range: November 1 through November 30 2021
Send out Date: 2 weeks after the day you claim
Limited to a certain number of people? no

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? no

Additional Age requirement? no

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO

Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Questionnaire:
*Name of swap: Ongoing ATC Swap – November 2021
*Lettuce Craft username:
*Email address:
*Your real name AND Mailing address including the country (written as it would appear on the envelope):

*Are you at least 16 years old?
*Have you read the entire swap information for this swap?
*Have you met the Participant Conditions?
*Have you checked in with the gallery/discussion thread?
*What is the exact size of an atc?
*Do you have access to a camera or scanner so you can post pictures here of what you receive?
*Are you aware that if a card is lost in the mail, you are required to resend?
*How soon should you post pictures of the cards you receive?
*When sending sent/received messages to the swap organizer, there are four pieces of information that must be included about each swap. What are they?

CLAIMING:
Starting November 1, you may begin claiming as soon as the organizer has approved your questionnaire. You may make as many claims as you like during the month as long as you have fewer than 10 claims outstanding (ie, that have not been SENT). After you make a claim, you have 2 weeks to send it; if you look at a calendar, your “due date” will be two rows down. Please keep track of your claims; the organizer will do this also, but in case of confusion it’s always easier not to have to keep scrolling back upthread in search of stuff! :wink:

New swappers: If this is your first swap, you are allowed one claim to start. Once that card has been RECEIVED, you may make up to 10 claims just like everyone else.

Claims are made chain-style:
Swap Organizer posts a list of themes.
Swapper A chooses a theme from Swap Organizer’s list, and posts their own list of themes.
Swapper B chooses a theme from Swapper A’s list, & posts their own list.
etc…
At the end of the month the Swap Organizer will make a last claim and close the swap.

Your claim should look something like this:
I claim ATC Maker for “happy theme”, due (2 weeks from today)
3/1/1 (3 claims made/2 sent/1 of those received)

Hi I’m Swapper, from Country! Please don’t send me anything 3D or with fiery death.

My themes are:
Ponies
Hearts
Sandcastles
Tomatoes

After you have claimed, please message the person you claimed to ask for their address.

Then make your card & send it! :green_heart:
Because this is a swap of tiny papercrafts, you do not need a postal receipt. However, if your card does not arrive within 2 weeks, you will be asked to make and send a new one. (Given the pandemic & the crap USPS is dealing with, we’ll play this by ear, but we want everyone to get their cards!)

When you send or receive please be sure to message the organizer and the person your are sending to/receiving from with the following info:
*to (who is getting the card)
*from (who sent the card)
*due date
*theme chosen

this can be super simple:
I sent today!
due 8/14, from Swapper to ATC Maker for happy theme

When you get a card, post a picture to the gallery! You have 3 days from the day you receive to do this.

Feedback will be given when all your claims have been received & all the pictures you are responsible for have been posted.

Please post your general questions, encouragement, and other chatting in the gallery/discussion thread also. (For specific questions message the organizer.) This thread should contain claims only.

Enjoy your ATCs!

2 Likes

Swappers:
:rainbow: @thanate 4/4/4
:rainbow: @Lynx 4/4/4
:rainbow: @megwell 2/2/2
:rainbow: @curiousfae 4/4/4
:rainbow: @ellephabetsoup 1/1/1
:rainbow: @bluebird 2/2/2
:rainbow: @Reinikka 2/2/2

Key:
:seedling: new swapper (one claim until first card is received)
:snail: running late (with communication)
:package: sent!
:gift: received!
:rainbow: swapper is finished!

Claims:
due 11/15
megwell to thanate for bottober :package: 11/8 :gift:
thanate to megwell for Squirrel Nutkin :package: 11/15 :gift:

due 11/18
Lynx2Lancer to thanate for tbd(bottober) :package: 11/16 :gift:

due 11/22
curiousfae to Lynx2Lancer for animals in winter clothes :package: 11/12 :gift:
ellephabetsoup to curiousfae for tbd :package: 11/23 :gift:

due 11/24
curiousfae to ellephabetsoup for watercolor :package: 11/12 :gift:

due 11/28
thanate to curiousfae for “something only found in your part of the world” :package: 11/17 :gift:

due 11/29
Reinikka to thanate for bottober prompt :package: 11/24 :gift:
Lynx2Lancer to Reinikka for happy mail :package: 11/24 :gift:

due 11/30
bluebird to Lynx2Lancer for tbd :package: 11/26 :gift:
curiousfae to bluebird for song lyric :package: 11/23 :gift:
Lynx2Lancer to curiousfae for outer space :package: 11/28 :gift:
thanate to Lynx2Lancer for ocean life :package: 11/30 :gift:
curiousfae to thanate for Xmas Tarot card :package: 11/24 :gift:

due 12/8
megwell to curiousfae for Artist’s Choice :package: 12/13 :gift:

due 12/10
bluebird to megwell for Artist’s Choice :package: 12/7 :gift:

due 12/11
Lynx2Lancer to bluebird for something bird-related :package: 12/8 :gift:

due 12/14
Reinikka to Lynx2Lancer for tbd :package: 12/8 :gift:
thanate to Reinikka for tbd :package: 12/13 :gift:

Hi! I’m Ann, currently in Maryland. I prefer kid-safe (creepy/nature is fine, profanity/R-rated not) & no unsealed microplastics, but otherwise have fun! :slight_smile:

Themes for me:

*make me a Bottober prompt! (some favorites: opossumasaurus, tiny shelled horses, gleaming toads, angry eohippuses, spooky house skulls peeking out of the dreamlike brambles, mist-sheep chew on tombstones… but there are so many good ones!)
draw me a map (real places small or large, imaginary places, how the inside of your head works… whatever!)
oak trees
**cave paintings/paleoart (see paleoart pinterest)
rain
North American plants & wildlife, or ecosystems (interactions btw several species, etc)
standing stones, or stone ruins
good rocks
creepy victorian-style haunted houses
skeletons/bones
enchanted forest (the potentially dangerous kind, see: pinterest)
labyrinths
something you’d put in a spell book
little good things (something that makes you happy)

Themes for my 7 year old daughter (fave colors PINK, red, gold, & purple):
flowers
animals (any past or present, especially cute ones)
Magic! (potions, spells, witches, fairies…)
Disney Princesses (esp Frozen II)

I claim @thanate for Bottober, probably, due 11/15

Claims (total for the month): 1
Sent (in transit): 0
Received: 0
Outstanding: 1

I’m Megan in Indiana, USA. I welcome cards from all skill/experience levels! Nothing political, preachy, Covid-related, or shedding glitter, please. I’m not a fan of vulgarity for vulgarity’s sake, but if you’ve got a great quotation you want to use with a swear word or something in it, go for it. (Except the c-word; no time for that.) I keep my cards in sleeves in a binder, so I appreciate low bulk, but that’s not a deal-breaker.

Here are my themes this month; I skipped October and mail is slow, so I’m covering all the bases from Halloween to Christmas:

-Something for my TV Sleuths collection! Send me your fave, or I can provide a list of some of mine.
-artist’s choice
-Poe’s “The Raven”
-the Count from Sesame Street
-Zombie Bob Ross
-Beatrix Potter’s The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin
-James Whitcomb Riley’s “The Raggedy Man” (CONTENTdm) or “When the Frost Is on the Punkin” (CONTENTdm)
-rejected Macy’s parade balloons
-the film White Christmas
-not your average Santa

1 Like

I claim megwell for Squirrel Nutkin! due 11/15

1/0/0

Hi! I’m Ann, currently in Maryland. I prefer kid-safe (creepy/nature is fine, profanity/R-rated not) & no unsealed microplastics, but otherwise have fun! :slight_smile:

Themes for me:

*make me a Bottober prompt! (some favorites: opossumasaurus, tiny shelled horses, gleaming toads, angry eohippuses, spooky house skulls peeking out of the dreamlike brambles, mist-sheep chew on tombstones… but there are so many good ones!)
draw me a map (real places small or large, imaginary places, how the inside of your head works… whatever!)
oak trees
rain
North American plants & wildlife, or ecosystems (interactions btw several species, etc)
good rocks
creepy victorian-style haunted houses
skeletons/bones
enchanted forest (the potentially dangerous kind, see: pinterest)
labyrinths

flowers
Magic! (potions, spells, witches, fairies…)

I claim @thanate for tbd, but probably something bottober because that sounds fun due 11/18.

I’m Laura. I’d prefer not creepy or gory.

Themes:

Art Teacher themed things
Christmas
Silly pets
Birds in Winter Hats
Animals in winter clothes
Alternate Logos for real life places (ex, recreate a new McDonald’s logo)
Outer Space
Ocean Life
Artist Choice
Surprise Me!

1 Like

claiming L2L for animals in winter clothes
due 11/22
1 claim
0 sent
0 rec’d

Hiya! Kelli from Michigan in the US.

themes:
artists choice
song birds
Grey Gardens (documentary)
tarot
anthropomorphic animals and objects
snark (swearing is fine)
roller skating
Ravens, crows, blackbirds
castles
outer space
winter solstice
pop culture mashup
something only found in your area of the world
weird trivia

1 Like

I claim @curiousfae for TBD (probably Tarot or Winter Solstice… or maybe Outer Space… I can’t make up my mind XD).

Due: 11/22

1/0/0

Hi! I’m Elle. I live in Southern California in the U.S.

ATC Swap Themes:

• map of a made-up place (I love D&D, so this could be a town, a cave, a forest, a whole country, inside a store or house, whatever!!)
  • Enchanted forest
  • Little things to be happy about (can be a list, or a picture or something that makes you happy - have fun with it!)
  • Magic (esp. mythical creatures, potions, spell recipes, etc)
  • Tarot
  • Wheel of the Year (pick a Sabbat, or the whole wheel)
  • Tea cups or tea pots
  • Dragon hoarding something unusual (like books or your favorite art supply, etc)
  • Mushrooms
  • Apothecary/potion shop
  • Humblewood-inspired (Humblewood is a D&D campaign featuring woodland creatures instead of the usual human, elf, orc, etc races)
  • Cute witch
  • Fiber-art (cross-stitched, embroidered, needle book, felted, Teesha Moore style, etc)
  • Adult merit badge
  • Raccoon + fox or otter (my partner’s favorite animal is raccoons, and I like foxes and otters)
  • Cute monsters
  • Fauna, Rosie, or Dora from Animal Crossing
  • Watercolor

For the Kids:

• Space-related (7yo wants to be an astronaut)
  • Dinosaur-related (5yo is obsessed right now)
  • Ocean-related
  • Other science-related stuff
  • Cats (for 7yo)
  • Legos (for 5yo)
  • Frog and Toad
1 Like

claiming @ellephabetsoup for watercolor
due 11/24
2 claims
0 sent
0 rec’d

themes:
artists choice
song birds
tarot
snark (swearing is fine)
roller skating
castles
outer space
winter solstice
pop culture mashup
weird trivia

1 Like

I claim curiousfae for “something only found in your area of the world”, due 11/28

2/0/0

Themes for me:

Christmas cards, only they’re tarot cards. (The Holiday Light, The Tree, The Broken Ornament, The Last-Minute Shopping Trip, The Holiday Musak, etc…. have fun with it, other winter holidays welcome also.)

oak trees
good rocks
labyrinths
any theme from a previous list of mine that you still want to do

flowers
Magic! (potions, spells, fairies…)

I claim thanate for Bottober prompt - Due 11/29
Claims (total for the month): 1
Received: 0

Hello ATC swappers! I live in beautiful Washington state. I keep my cards in baseball card sleeves so please try to keep the bulk down. Please no X-rated nudity or curse words. And please nothing political or preachy religious :stuck_out_tongue: Otherwise have fun and feel free to interpret my themes in any way you like. :grin:

Themes:

• Artist choice (I’m seriously easy peasy to appeasey)
  • Try something new to you
  • Use your fodder from and/or inspired by fodder school
  • Happy Mail, snail mail, letter writing, etc
  • Song lyrics (esp from musicals, David Bowie, Queen, “oldies”, or something you love!)
  • Rain and/or autumn
  • Fake advertisements for fake products/events
  • Spoons/silverware/cutlery/etc
  • Found poetry
  • Coffee and/or coffee cups
  • Skunks
  • Jellyfish
  • Foxes
  • Things with wings (that don’t belong together)
  • Fairies with unusual wings
  • Fairies around the house
  • Red Riding Hood (traditional or altered)
  • Moomin
  • Classic Sci-Fi stories/themes (I’m fascinated with how people in the past imagined the future…)
  • Nerdy
  • Literary quotes (esp Lord of the Rings, Cloud Atlas, H.G. Wells)
  • Inspired by famous works of art and/or artist styles, Some Pins of my Favs
  • Play with colors (one color, two colors, all the colors… just have fun!)
  • Black, White, and Greyscale (no other colors)
  • Bodies of Water (esp rivers and lakes [esp esp the Metolius River])
  • Watercolor practice or painting :slight_smile:
  • Random fact/trivia
  • Postage stamps (real or made-up)
  • Central Oregon (especially Camp Sherman, Sisters, Redmond, High Desert Museum in Bend)

Thanks in advance :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I claim @reinikka for happy mail due 11/29.

Themes:

Christmas
Silly pets
Birds in Winter Hats
Outer Space
Ocean Life
Artist Choice
Surprise Me!

1 Like

I claim lynx2lancer for TBD!

total claims —— 1 in progress claims, 0 in transit, 0 received

I live in the USA.

My preferences:
— Hand drawn or hand painted are my very favorite (of all skill levels!), but please do feel free to do other styles.
— Please no digital prints or printed reproductions of your work.
— I prefer flat paper cards without 3d elements so I can store them in sleeves. If the theme you picked needs to be bulky (i.e. moveable cards) that’s fine too.
— I love glitter & shine, gold/silver leafing, metallic, glow in the dark etc.
— I would prefer not to receive: creepy bugs (things like spiders, wasps, centipedes), clowns, political, nudity/pinups, curse words or blood/gore.

Thank you for claiming me!

Themes:

Botober — Weird but fun prompts! Please write the prompt on the back so I will know what it is in the future.

https://artprompts.org/ - but nothing too creepy or gory please! Please write the prompt on the back so I will know what it is in the future.

• Autumny scene
• Pumpkins
• pretty tea cups or coffee mugs
• Put glitter on it! Either one detail or go crazy and do the entire card with glitter!
• bird wearing a crown
• ostentatious –birds/cute animals/people wearing crazy/bejeweled fashion, jewelry or objects
• a dragon’s hoard
• a magpie’s hoard of shiny things and treasures
• something that would go in a cabinet of curiosities
• fly agaric mushroom in your style (realism, whimsical, papercut etc.)
• Enchanted forest (sweet or dark)
• potions shop
• wizard’s study / library
• secret compartments / secret passageways
• interesting or fanciful homes/buildings (i.e. castles, Victorian houses, mushroom houses, other whimsical houses, haunted houses etc.)
• cute robots (i.e. bird robots or a cute robot like the ones from Machinarium (game by amanita designs)
• art done in the style of World of Warcraft, Creaks (amanita designs), machinarium (amanita designs)
• fantasy creature (i.e. dragons, jackelope, wolpertinger, phoenix, unicorns etc.)
• cute creature/mouse/etc on a journey (i.e. something like a little mouse with backpack and walking stick walking in a strange world. Doesn’t have to be this exactly, but something that evokes the same kind of feeling.)
• birds — songbirds, chickens (girls not roosters), magpies, corvids, crows, ravens, eagles, hawks are favorites, but really any bird will be loved!
• bionic or robot bird
• chickens doing silly things or getting into trouble
• Eggs — birds eggs or dragon eggs or Fabergé
• Harry Potter - themes: Potions, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, Luna, Dumbledore, Snape, Hedwig, diadem, sword of Gryffindor, Fawkes, Always, deathly hallows etc.

1 Like

claiming @bluebird for TBD
due 11/30
3 claims
2 sent
0 rec

themes:
artists choice
songbirds
Grey Gardens (Documentary)
tarot
snark (swearing is fine)
roller skating
castles
outer space
winter solstice
pop culture mashup
weird trivia

TV I love…try mashups, quotes, character studies, etc
The Muppets
SuperStore
Community
Raising Hope
Parks and Rec
Bob’s Burgers
SpongeBob
Happy Endings

2 Likes

I claim @curiousfae for outer space due 11/30
3 claims
1 sent
0 received

Themes:

Christmas
Silly pets
Birds in Winter Hats
Outer Space
Ocean Life
Artist Choice
Surprise Me!

1 Like

I claim Lynx2Lancer for ocean life, due 11/30

3/1/0

Themes for me:

Christmas cards, only they’re tarot cards. (The Holiday Light, The Tree, The Broken Ornament, The Last-Minute Shopping Trip, The Holiday Muzak, etc…. have fun with it, other winter holidays welcome also.)

oak trees
good rocks
labyrinths

flowers
Magic! (potions, spells, fairies…)

claiming @thanate for xmas tarot card. i mean, its kind of a must! tarot’s my thing. :grin:
due 11/30
4 claims
2 sent
0 rec’d

themes:
artists choice
song birds
tarot
snark (swearing is fine)
roller skating
castles
outer space
winter solstice
pop culture mashup
weird trivia
TV I love…try mashups, quotes, character studies, etc
The Muppets
SuperStore
Community
Raising Hope
Parks and Rec
Bob’s Burgers
SpongeBob
Happy Endings

1 Like

I claim @curiousfae for artist’s choice, due 12/8

Claims (total for the month): 2
Received: 1

I’m Megan in Indiana, USA. I welcome cards from all skill/experience levels! Nothing political, preachy, Covid-related, or shedding glitter, please. I’m not a fan of vulgarity for vulgarity’s sake, but if you’ve got a great quotation you want to use with a swear word or something in it, go for it. (Except the c-word; no time for that.) I keep my cards in sleeves in a binder, so I appreciate low bulk, but that’s not a deal-breaker.

Here are my themes this month; I skipped October and mail is slow, so I’m covering all the bases from Halloween to Christmas:

-Something for my TV Sleuths collection! Send me your fave, or I can provide a list of some of mine.
-artist’s choice
-Poe’s “The Raven”
-the Count from Sesame Street
-Zombie Bob Ross
-Beatrix Potter’s The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin
-James Whitcomb Riley’s “The Raggedy Man” (link) or “When the Frost Is on the Punkin” (link)
-rejected Macy’s parade balloons
-the film White Christmas
-not your average Santa

1 Like

I claim megwell for artists choice!

total claims —— 2 in progress claims, 0 in transit, 0 received

I live in the USA.

My preferences:
— Hand drawn or hand painted are my very favorite (of all skill levels!), but please do feel free to do other styles.
— Please no digital prints or printed reproductions of your work.
— I prefer flat paper cards without 3d elements so I can store them in sleeves. If the theme you picked needs to be bulky (i.e. moveable cards) that’s fine too.
— I love glitter & shine, gold/silver leafing, metallic, glow in the dark etc.
— I would prefer not to receive: creepy bugs (things like spiders, wasps, centipedes), clowns, political, nudity/pinups, curse words or blood/gore.

Thank you for claiming me!

Themes:

Botober — Weird but fun prompts! Please write the prompt on the back so I will know what it is in the future.

https://artprompts.org/ - but nothing too creepy or gory please! Please write the prompt on the back so I will know what it is in the future.

• Autumny scene
• Pumpkins
• pretty tea cups or coffee mugs
• Put glitter on it! Either one detail or go crazy and do the entire card with glitter!
• bird wearing a crown
• ostentatious –birds/cute animals/people wearing crazy/bejeweled fashion, jewelry or objects
• a dragon’s hoard
• a magpie’s hoard of shiny things and treasures
• something that would go in a cabinet of curiosities
• fly agaric mushroom in your style (realism, whimsical, papercut etc.)
• Enchanted forest (sweet or dark)
• potions shop
• wizard’s study / library
• secret compartments / secret passageways
• interesting or fanciful homes/buildings (i.e. castles, Victorian houses, mushroom houses, other whimsical houses, haunted houses etc.)
• cute robots (i.e. bird robots or a cute robot like the ones from Machinarium (game by amanita designs)
• art done in the style of World of Warcraft, Creaks (amanita designs), machinarium (amanita designs)
• fantasy creature (i.e. dragons, jackelope, wolpertinger, phoenix, unicorns etc.)
• cute creature/mouse/etc on a journey (i.e. something like a little mouse with backpack and walking stick walking in a strange world. Doesn’t have to be this exactly, but something that evokes the same kind of feeling.)
• birds — songbirds, chickens (girls not roosters), magpies, corvids, crows, ravens, eagles, hawks are favorites, but really any bird will be loved!
• bionic or robot bird
• chickens doing silly things or getting into trouble
• Eggs — birds eggs or dragon eggs or Fabergé
• Harry Potter - themes: Potions, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, Luna, Dumbledore, Snape, Hedwig, diadem, sword of Gryffindor, Fawkes, Always, deathly hallows etc.

1 Like

I claim @bluebird for something bird related due 12/11
4 claims
3 sent
1 received

Themes:

Hallmark Movie watching
Christmas
Silly pets
Birds in Winter Hats
Outer Space
Ocean Life
Artist Choice
Surprise Me!

2 Likes