COMPLETE - Positive Affirmations R-2 GALLERY

Yay! And I did receive today too, thank you Susan! I just got back from the post office where I went to pick it up! I will take pics and post my beautiful loot soon.

I was admiring @curiousfae’s fabulous package from @Smmarrt (especially love the cool cat person!), and then I got a note from the postie to say my own fabulous package was ready to collect :smile:

Gorgeous 4x6 artwork, a funky paper character, and super-snazzy washi tape!!

The paper doll is so cool! and the sentiment is perfect for brightening up my desk :smile:

I adore the art - gorgeous layers, the heart has an amazing gloss and texture, and the quote is one of favourites :sparkling_heart:

Thanks so much Susan!

7 Likes

Another great package from @Smmarrt! Gorgeous work!!

1 Like

So cool! What eye for style you have @Smmarrt.

1 Like

Agreed!

The texture & colour are fantastic. I like that quote a lot too.

Thanks everyone. The 3-year-old teachers were working with texture in early October and it sparked the idea for the layers - corrugated cardboard, glass bead gel medium, and the creepy cloth/cheese cloth.

3 Likes

I first read this to be the 3 year olds were the teachers and I thought that was such a wonderful perspective. We never frame kids as our teachers, but they certainly are!

Then I realized you probably meant the teachers of the 3 year olds, LOL.

Either way, I love the creativity they sparked!

7 Likes

Yes, preschool-speak.

3 Likes

I love the layered art. I bet kids are great at that…you are a kid, at hear, Susan! Lovely work…I just love the use of cardboard and cheesecloth!

2 Likes

It looks even better in real life - a photo can’t really capture it properly. It’s the perfect treasure to be the first piece of mail I received in our new place! :smile:

5 Likes

I agree with @jemimah. I was especially drawn to the gel glass. So cool!

3 Likes

Whoowhee, I got a ding dong dolly package of delight from the lovely @jemimah, check it owt!
The chocolate I already know is amazing, Kirsten did you remember me raving about this one or is it a happy coincidence? Did you bring these from NZ or are they also in Oz? Just curious for, you know, potential future swaps :wink:

Look at this sweet bookmark.

I. Love. This.

Love it! Make Time For Yourself.

Besides the chocolate, this regional calendar is the perfect extra that my children in particular will enjoy…

…much more than this one I brought home last year from a visit with my sister @Lulu. It’s seriously all naked dudes in tubs :smile:

8 Likes

Yes! Seek mystery in the ordinary! Just. Yes!

Excellent work from @jemimah!

2 Likes

That snail - squee!

2 Likes

Such lovely watercolors!

The calendar is fabulous…I love aboriginal art. (although, I am frantically searching for naked men in tubs calendar as well… :joy:).

Excellent swap!

2 Likes

It’s a fund raiser for dude mental health!

2 Likes

They only have expedited shipping to the USA…$34.90! Whoa!

1 Like

Lol, I finally have a leg up on shipping? My sis would be happy to pick up copies & mail them out to whoever wants one. She sent me the 2022 calendar, we’re both big fans of the whole weird idea of it all.

4 Likes

I liked the idea of it as well, but there is no option to just donate on that page. I think I will buy our local firemen calendar. It is tastefully done and supports our local community as well.

I have made a pledge not to buy unsustainable clothing in 2023 and instead, donate to worthy causes.

3 Likes

Love that idea! Let me know if you find any good bra & undie resources, I’m always on the lookout for plastic-free alternatives.

Men In Tubs has a sponsor page and there’s The ManKind Project too. Men’s mental health gets overlooked sometimes because dudes are supposed to be tough, right? The stereotypes are so harmful.

3 Likes