COMPLETE - Prayer Flag Swap April 2020

That was one of my all time favorite swaps because both of you had the same colors!

I have since moved from the snow and now have sand…a lot has changed since that swap!

3 Likes

Yay for partners :smiley:

I am very happy about this pairing as well, as I don’t think we have :heart:

2 Likes

I had a burst of inspiration and finished my flag! Going to try to get it out Monday. Who knows how long it will take to get to Germany…

8 Likes

Mine is going overseas as well…I made it as flat as I could so I can sneak it into a business size envelope and mail it as a letter…I have done that for a few prayer flag swaps!

7 Likes

I was making good progress on mine - background sorted, fabrics sorted & ready to stitch and…then Tuesday night happened (was it only 3 days ago? Wow, feels like a lifetime, a good life time!) and all crafting ceased in favour of writing emails, letters & messages.

It feels like things are settling down a bit now, plan on lino printing today, so should be good for sewing later, maybe tomorrow.

Find out about Tuesday here

4 Likes

I overthought my flag. I worked on it quite a bit yesterday before I finally admitted failure. I found an inspiring fabric for my second try. Wish me luck!

4 Likes

I’ve made a draft. As soon as the kiddos allow me some crafting time I’ll work on the flag. I had to convert the measures first - it’s smaller than I thought :smile:

4 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one! :rofl:

3 Likes

Hahaha that happened to me last time, my flag was huge hahaha!

This time I will start with the measurements :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I made a start, but it might not be quite right, will see how today goes.

1 Like

Chatted with my lovely partner a bit, and consulted with my Brain Trust. Settled on a plan. Going to dig through fabric stash this morning to pick out the perfect fabric, then start on it right after lunch. :slight_smile:

I want to get this flag done, and on it’s way very quickly, then switch over to some mask & hat making for Vanderbilt hospital in Nashville. Our hospital in Franklin hasn’t started asking for hand sewn masks yet, but Vandy is huge, and there are so many of their smaller specialty clinics, with doctors and nurses working in each. Our neighborhood started a FB group to provide them to a Vandy nurse who lives here, and commutes in every day. Stay safe my friends!

7 Likes

Working on @GMPNQ’s right now. I have to go to the post office tomorrow for something else, and it would be nice to take this then, but I know it won’t be ready. I’ll just have to venture out later in the week. The gin supply will need to be topped up by then anyway. :cocktail:

5 Likes

My second try is coming along nicely. I’m pleased with the fabric combination I pulled together from my stash and the image I’m embroidering is looking better than I expected.

1 Like

I’ll be starting this weekend in between mask making!

3 Likes

Just did the machine embroidered bits, but think I’m finishing this by hand, so not done yet…

2 Likes

I was waiting for my International Postage stamps to arrive! They came today, so I will probably mail out Monday!

1 Like

Finished @Wulf’s flag today, it’ll be Tuesday before I can send because it’s a bank holiday on Monday

1 Like

I made some good progress today! Yay!! Finally I settled for the *** theme and now I am happy with how it looks so far.

1 Like

That’s exciting :smiley:

I’m still a work in progress. I have been “decorating” during lockdown.

Seriously, if this carries on much longer my flat is just going to be cordoned off as too dangerous!!