COMPLETE - Prayer Flag Swap April 2020

Prayer Flag Swap - April 2020

Welcome back to swapping! You will craft one flag for your partner. I encourage you to make one for yourself, but this is not required. This is a no extras swap due to our current situation.

If your flag is fairly flat with no 3-D embellishments, you could send this in a business envelope. It is required that you use tracking however you choose to mail.

We will use this article about them in Cloth Paper Scissors as our guide; the instructions below are taken from that link:

How to Make Prayer Flags

1. Cut pieces of fabric to 5" x 11". Use materials you already have on hand.
  2. Fold the top down on each piece of fabric and stitch in place to create a 3" sleeve, making the flag surface 5" x 8".
  3. Paint, stitch, embroider, appliqué, or collage the flags.
  4. Add words, journaling, or symbols as desired. You can appliqué letters, add hand stitching, stencil with textile paint, or just write with a permanent marker.
  5. Thread the flags onto a string or cord and hang them outdoors so the breeze will catch them and spread your intentions.

FLAGS can be made from fabric, yarn, man-made fabric-like material, canvas, scraps, and they can be embellished with embroidery, buttons, charms, beads, and whatever else you have on hand.

Flags are intended to be hung outside, with unfinished edges so the birds and weather carry away your good thoughts and wishes and spread them all over the world. You can make more finished flags and it is up to you and your partner if the flags are for decoration or sending good vibes out.

Details of swap:
–You will craft one prayer flag for each partner, keeping your partner’s preferences in mind.
– Please post in this thread at least once a week so we know you are still crafting with us.

Swap name: Prayer Flags - April 2020
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Smmarrt
Sign-up date range:March 24, 2020 - March 30, 2020
Date to send item by: April 21, 2020

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 40

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?

Additional Age requirement? 18+

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

• Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
  • Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
  • Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
  • Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
  • Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

• Has been a member for at least one month: YES
  • Has posted at least 15 times: YES
  • Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
  • Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
  • Does not have any negative feedback: YES
  • Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
  • If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
  • If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Questionnaire - Send to Smmarrt

Name of swap: Prayer Flag Swap - April 2020
Lettuce username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 18 years old: (YES/NO)
Any allergies?
Any allergens?
Inside or outside flags?
Link to Pinterest:
Anything else you need to share?

Please list 4 - 8 themes for your flags:

Participants:

@Smmarrt
@MightyMitochondria
@Wulf
@thanate
@AcadianDriftwood
@lifeinpigtails
@GMPNQ
@wendiek
@Abbeeroad
@Renstar
@AIMR
@seeuudee
@Ewulotta
@MistressJennie
@marionberries
@kayrun

PARTNERS:

@Wulf Wulf >><< @GMPNQ
@AcadianDriftwood >><< @MightyMitochondria
@marionberries >><< @thanate
@lifeinpigtails >><< @wendiek
@Ewulotta >><< @Abbeeroad
@Renstar >><< @AIMR
@seeuudee >><< @MistressJennie
@kayrun >><< @Smmarrt

5 Likes

I am sooooo excited for this swap! Thanks for the instructions. I appreciate the guidelines.

4 Likes

Yay! Working on Q now!

6 Likes

Sent in questionnaire! One my all time favorite swaps!

6 Likes

I’ve used up my swap slots (oh, it’s fun to say that again), so I’ll be watching, and maybe even making one for myself!

6 Likes

If we were in good swap standing on c-ster, it’s my understanding that we can sign up for 3 swaps during this beta test!.. nm… I forget that this is the 4th swap posted.

4 Likes

Yay this is the one I was waiting for!

4 Likes

Yay! Signing up now! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I wasn’t going to fill all 3…but GAH!! I’m going to think about it for a day…

5 Likes

Urgh.
I wasn’t going to swap, but you got me with this one!

6 Likes

So excited! I’ll work on my q today! Woohoo!

6 Likes

@Smmarrt’s suggestion of a prayer flag swap put me down a prayer flag rabbit hole. I think this is exactly the thing my soul needs right now. Thanks to her, I made this Hope flag . I chose the theme for other reasons, but it also speaks to our current situation. Smmarrt, thank you for feeding my spirit. :blue_heart::green_heart:

6 Likes

I love this. And I totally agree! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Yes!!! I want to join too!

Will fill out the questionnaire!!

3 Likes

Seeing your beautiful flag with that message made me realize how much I miss just creating from the heart…making these takes me to a different place…everything from looking for inspiration to new techniques to thinking of an appropriate word…we all need this swap…

7 Likes

Like with the Spirit Dolls we made a few years back, you fill your work with good thoughts and wishes and hope, and as the flag deteriorates, those good intentions are warming birds nests or floating out into the universe.

After the Boston Marathon bombing, school children all over the Boston area made flags that hung in the Main Library - it was a way of calming the children, and allowing them to channel their hope.

7 Likes
4 Likes

Pooh! :poop::poop::poop:

Hello, we are currently not providing access or use of our website/mobile application to our users in Europe.

I’ll pop down the Warren, see if I can find it down a different hole :rabbit2::rabbit2:

Think this might be similar Prayer flag info

3 Likes

I am in! This was the swap I voted for, and I was thrilled to see it appeared after all. (Though I wish it had been in addition to @Bunny1kenobi’s swap, rather than instead of it. But we know you’ll be back with Common Grounds, Deanna!) I’m not being greedy, and sticking firmly to only one swap to start. I have so many ongoing projects while I’m at home (and expanding steadily) that I don’t dare give myself more distractions.

8 Likes

MeMeMe.
After moving last year most of my previous flags had deteriorated too much to put up.

New flat (one year tomorrow!), new flags, new world crazy indoor life!

5 Likes