COMPLETE - Prayer Flag Swap April 2020

lol I have always enjoyed crafting for you…you have the most interesting questionnaires! :smiley:

Finished @GMPNQ’s flag this morning, and mailed today. Post offices are closed here on Monday, so I wanted to get it into the mail today. Who knows how long it’ll take to get to England!

That’s good, I like to think I’m quite funny so I just answer with what makes me happy!!

Just getting started, I think I dreamed up the idea last night. Hopefully it won’t come out as a mask…I’ve been making so many of them.

Now just to find everything needed under the piles of fabric I’ve pulled out for masks. This is just what I need to do today.

2 Likes

My flag is 75% done, but I have a case of crafting ADD. I keep switching between the flag, masks, and other swap projects.

3 Likes

After taking a break to work on a bunch of masks for friends and family, I’m finishing my prayer flag today. Having a virtual craft date with @sheepBlue, @PerfectlyBohemian & @Abbeeroad was a huge help in motivation and creativity today. :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

I have made good progress on the flag for @lifeinpigtails! I only want to add a word or phrase, not sure yet… Will have to think about that some more.

1 Like

Yay! :grin:
I’m hoping to concentrate on your flag today! So far it’s turning out as I imagined.

1 Like

I’ve made good progress on @Abbeeroad 's flag. It still feels like something is missing but I don’t want to ruin it :see_no_evil: I’ll consult my pillow… I usually have some good ideas at night :smile:

2 Likes

After a somewhat disappointing start last week, I started again. Much happier with what I’ve done today.

(In the meantime I found some old yarn that I took apart from a top many years ago that I wouldn’t dream of wearing now. Didn’t want to get rid because the turquoise colours were lush.

Taking the top apart was a nightmare and I ended up with lots of small amounts of yarn… if I manage to repurpose this it will be a minor miracle…)

I hope everyone is feeling well and crafty. I’m sorry I’ve been absent - working on several things - some Lettuce-related and some not.

I started one flag but then I had a burst of inspiration from another thing so I may re-tool the first idea I have for my flag.I finished my taxes and my work thing will wrap up this week so I hope to finish my flag tomorrow night or Thursday.

How are all of you doing?

2 Likes

Mine is finished (probably) but still a little stiff from the disolvable stabilizer, so I need to give it another wash & dry before sending.

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my flag in Germany! I hope it makes it ok with everything going on…

I hope to send out today - depends on how long the queue in front of the post office is :pensive:

I completely missed the post office yesterday (I had a ‘I’m staying in bed and ignoring the world’ day) but got there this morning :grinning:
Your flag is on the way @Wulf :+1:

4 Likes

All designed, ready to go, it’s lined up after a pile of masks are done. It will be nice to do something other than straight sewing!

1 Like

Almost done - forgotten how much I love making these :smiley:

1 Like

I am waiting for my international stamps to arrive. I got a notice today that they were arriving “SOON”, whatever that means! I ordered them two weeks ago!!

It will be a nice change of pace to see these positive flags that only had one person…to make us feel better…no masks, no mending, no finishing wips, etc. Just pure positive prayer flags…

2 Likes

“Soon” is disturbingly vague for a USPS notice! It’s not like the stamps themselves are coming from overseas.

2 Likes

I get informed delivery…they scan all the pieces so I can see in advance what is coming to my house…most of it is useless, since they are vague…coming soon, etc. maybe arriving tomorrow…I often go to the mailbox only to find none of what they show and then have to inquire…now I wonder how much mail did I miss before I signed up for this service? It is a crap shoot…and, today, I got a notification for a package I already received!

2 Likes