COMPLETE:Winter Book Swap 2020: S/U: 10/6-10/17 Send outs: 11/18/20

Sending today was foiled by Veteran’s Day. D’oh! Oh well. I’m ok with waiting a day to celebrate those who have served.

5 Likes

Agreed!!! :medal_military:

2 Likes

one part is mainly done, but I had to go buy something to finish it off, so made a trek to Hobby Lobby & yarn hopped into my basket somehow :stuck_out_tongue:
(imagine that! – some of you may know that’s an obsession of mine)
let’s see…ideas nailed down for the other little parts and I found a local-ish choc shop; just need to get over there & select the right one! and I’m sure some taste testing will
be required
and books have arrived & are patiently waiting to be packed up

2 Likes

I sent out yesterday. I went to a local chocolate shop that’s been around for more than a century. My SIL always buys me chocolate from them on my birthday and my DS2 always steals it. Ah, good times. :joy:

Anyway, now I’m just really excited for it to get to you, @geekgirl! I do hope you like everything.

4 Likes

oh yum. it must be good if it’s been around that long!

4 Likes

I have the weekend mostly free (pretty much nothing to grade since I just started a new term with mostly new students), so other than some household chores and lesson planning Sunday night, I can craft this weekend! I didn’t get much done last night- found out that I had a COVID positive student in class on Monday and Tuesday, so I was too unsettled to craft.

But, tomorrow it’s a crafty kind of day!

I’m pretty sure I have everything I need to make what I want to make!

3 Likes

update == chocolate acquired
1st ____ == done
2nd ____ == approx. 60% done
3rd ____ == have to do a prac run before the real thing
(and books have been sitting on DR table for awhile now)

I should be ready to mail Monday afternoon!

2 Likes

Three separate trips to the craft store later, I am finally sitting down to assemble the pieces I’ve been making.

I am definitely going to be mailing at the last possible minute. But I think it will be worth the wait.

2 Likes

The audiobook with Wil Wheaton as narrator is also good. Movie is not great.

2 Likes

He’s recording book 2 now.

1 Like

Nice! We usually listen to audiobooks on our ten hour holiday trips back to Iowa, but… not gonna happen this year. Sad.

2 Likes

A few more days until send outs!

2 Likes

I just got back from the PO – first time sending early in a long time! Usually I’m working right up to the wire (or a day after)…
anyway, I hope I didn’t goof & leave something out, and my fingers are crossed that my partner will like it all!
cc: @irid3sc3nt

1 Like

My crafts are… drying. Should be ready to go out tomorrow!

1 Like

Yay! I’m sure it will be marvelous!

SEND OUTS ARE TODAY! 11/18!!! If you are going to be late, please contact me and your partner. Thanks!!!

2 Likes

Oh! Hooray! I had it in my head that sendouts were Monday and I was going to be late. But, I actually made it on time. Whew!

2 Likes

Sent! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Everyone has shipped! The next week or so should be a major gallery explosion!

7 Likes

Yay! A smooth swap is always exciting! :tada:

3 Likes