COMPLETE:Winter Book Swap 2020: S/U: 10/6-10/17 Send outs: 11/18/20

I’m done crafting! Books are locked down. I just need to hunt down some good chocolate and I’ll be ready to send.

1 Like

I think I finished this morning. Will try to send this week. Eeek! Exciting!

1 Like

Let’s check in! We have about a week and a half left until send outs. How is everyone’s crafting and collecting going?

2 Likes

Aaack!! Book still hasn’t arrived! They’re saying I should have it by the 12th. That still gives me time, but, it’s a lot longer than they said it would take…don’t know if it’s their fault or the post office…trying to hold off the panic until the 12th.
I had planned on getting chocolate at the last minute, but, I was near the place I was planning on getting it from yesterday and decided to go in and check…good thing I did, they didn’t have what I was planning on getting and no one seemed to know if they were just out or not carrying it anymore :flushed:.
I have another idea of where I might be able to get it, though.

3 Likes

Have a couple of chocolate ideas and hoping to get out today to check on them… :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Chocolate and books are ready to go! I finished my craft last night, but I’m not entirely pleased with how it turned out, so I’m trying it again in a different color to see if that makes a difference.

2 Likes

I was going to pack mine up today, then realized I still needed to take pictures so I will do that after work and send out later in the week.

1 Like

i am DONE. had to make just one more little crafty craft, but i got it done last night, and then picked up a little more chocolate, that i hope is as good as it looks, and with the momentum still running, i got my butt down to the p.o. and sealed the deal!!! because i know full well that i definitely won’t want to any day after work this week… so there is THAT upside to working saturdays: mondays are a great day to get ALL. the. things. DONE.

3 Likes

I’m on track. I still have some crafting to do but I’ll get it out I time! :grin:

1 Like

I have admittedly had some crafting snafus. But a few tries later I think I’m on the right track!

I think there was a question about what book we are reading right now? I’m currently reading Ready Player One!

3 Likes

That is such a good book! I loved all the 80s references.

3 Likes

We read that in my book club and everyone really liked it and then we went as a group to the movie and mostly there was disappointment.

2 Likes

Typical. :roll_eyes:

I am just waiting for Mr. Road to be in the office again so he can ship from work for me. Crossing my fingers for tomorrow!

2 Likes

My collecting (except for picking up the local chocolate) is complete. I have the supplies for my initial craft, but need to spoil @kittykill a bit more. I received a fantastic package yesterday! I should be able to post photos this afternoon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m DONE! And shipped! I’m so excitervous for @Abbeeroad to get my package!!

(I decided that excitervous is a perfect description of how I feel when sending a swap package.)

8 Likes

LOL! It’s the perfect word!

4 Likes

It really is! I feel that every time.

3 Likes

Finished, posted and package is in the UK on his to way to final destination

4 Likes

I tried to send today and realized it was Labor Day and the Post Office is closed. I think I will try the machine at the Post Office near my house today after work. I am in the facility today. Fingers crossed. I have never used the machine.

1 Like

I checked the tracking this morning, turns out mine and my partner’s packages spent this morning in the same sorting facility. I wonder if they met :blush:

6 Likes