COMPLETE:Winter Book Swap 2020: S/U: 10/6-10/17 Send outs: 11/18/20

Work is stressful. I wish I had some chocolate right now.
I started an item last night and am liking how it turned out.

My small crafts are never small. Ever. I should just give up that phrase.

This weekā€™s check in!
What is everyone reading right now?

I am reading The Witch Who Tasted Murder.

4 Likes

I am on a Halloween themed cozy mystery. I really should be searching for a Thanksgiving one for next. LOL!
2 Likes

Ha. Mine either.

I have been reading Maurice Druonā€™s series ā€œLes Rois Mauditsā€ (The Accursed Kings). Iā€™m on book 4, ā€œLa loi des mĆ¢les.ā€ The law it refers to is the Salic Law. I think the book is called The Royal Succession in English.

2 Likes

Iā€™m reading Troubled Blood, the newest Cormoran Strike book by Robert Galbraith (aka JK Rowling). I love this series!

2 Likes

I am currently reading the first in the Paper Magician series, imaginatively titled The Paper Magician :rofl: :rofl:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Paper-Magician-Book-ebook/dp/B00HVF7OL0/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=paper+magician&qid=1603908960&sr=8-1

Loving it so far and have the other two already to go once finished.

Books have been delivered and chocolate has been purchased. I am usually quite good at putting it to one side, but have had one of those days, so it may be consumed and replaced closer to sending :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Have some half baked ideas on the craft, but struggling with the decision making bit!

Iā€™m the same :smiley:

3 Likes

I hear that.

Iā€™m always reading a few books at a time, which means it takes forever to get through anything but the most exciting-canā€™t-put-it-down typesā€¦so, ** CrƦft: An Inquiry Into the Origins and True Meaning of Traditional Crafts.**

3 Likes

this one is on my list to read

1 Like

this is what I am currently reading

2 Likes

Oooh, that looks good!

2 Likes

iā€™m still working on The Fourth Turning:

every time i start to read it, i want to go to sleep. which is the problem with reading before bedā€¦lolz

3 Likes

I have trouble reading only one book at a time. I just Started on Atomic Habits by James Clear

Im about a quarter of the way through book 4 of the Wheel of Time series ā€œThe Shadow Risingā€ by Robert Jordan

and Iā€™m almost done with ā€œDeath By Coffeeā€ by Alex Erikson

4 Likes

I read the first 2 books of another trilogy of his and it was fantastic (the 3rd book is not out yet)

1 Like

Sadly, I donā€™t have time to read anything this weekā€¦ Although, I was in a bookstore last night (their little cafe makes amazing milkshakes!) and I read the first page or so of this:

5 Likes

I did just locate a little chocolate shop thatā€™s on my way home. I may have to do some taste testing tomorrow!

2 Likes

I havenā€™t had much time to read latelyā€¦so, Iā€™m not reading anything right now.
The Paper Magician looks good, thoughā€¦the cover reminds me of The Night Circus for some reason.

1 Like

yikes!
I will make myself wait to open it until I get your pkg ready to go :slight_smile:
But will def LYK when it gets here

1 Like

Iā€™m mid-way through The Art of Murder by Elaine Vietsā€¦
part of the Dead End Job mystery series, which I have thoroughly enjoyed!
Iā€™m afraid this may be the final title, so am dreading finishing it!

1 Like

I wonā€™t be able to send it out for a while. :frowning_face: Someone in my sonā€™s class is having or has had symptoms of covid. So itā€™s unconfirmed, but heā€™s at home learning and weā€™re supposed to quarantine.

2 Likes

Iā€™m just about to start This Book will Make You Kinder by Henry James Garrett and am listening to the audio version of Wim Hofā€™s book.

I decided to play with some paper crafting and made two small/simple things, expecting that one wouldnā€™t work out, but the crafting gods were smiling on me so they will both be being sent out.
Iā€™m aiming to send on Tuesday this coming week.

4 Likes