COMPLETE:Winter Book Swap 2020: S/U: 10/6-10/17 Send outs: 11/18/20

I got chocolate that is local and good but I’m not sure if it’s hard to find nationally or not.

1 Like

It definitely won’t be :wink:

here of course, it will be Belgian chocolate ; dark one in a special form :slight_smile:
And for the Dutch speaking people. Tonkes book did arrive and ready to send out.
Wonder what my partner will think about it.

1 Like

finished my craft…second guessing the chocolate, which is really another way of saying i’m thinking of eating it and going to get more…still trying to figure out a book.

5 Likes

I have two out of three (we agreed to a couple extras) crafts completed. I had to start over on the third project because the first attempt was larger than I could manage in a reasonable amount of time…I like how that’s going. :slight_smile:

OOOOOOOH I just figured out what I’m going to craft and I am SO excited about it. It’s going to be wiccad. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My girls are turning 3 this weekend (:astonished:), so I probably won’t get much crafting done but I have a plan!

5 Likes

I’ve never had or even heard of Palmers. I guess it’s pretty bad?

you may recognize some of the “chocolate” they make, they do a lot of holiday themed candy but it’s not real chocolate as defined by the food and drug administration. it doesn’t have any cocoa butter in it. just vegetable oil oil and cocoa powder

This is an example of the ingredient list on one of their chocolate “novelty” bunnies:
Sugar, Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Palm Kernel, Pal Soybean and/or Cottonseed), Whey, Crisp Rice (Rice, Sugar, Salt, Malt), Cocoa, Lactose, Skim Milk, Milk, Soy Lecithin (an Emulsifier), Vanillin (an Artificial Flavor), U.S. Certified Colors

4 Likes

I had to laugh at how in-depth you got on this. :rofl: Someone knows her chocolates. :heart:

4 Likes

All of my books are here! But, I didn’t get to the store to exchange a supply item (I think it’s too big). And, I left work too late to stop for the chocolate. I can exchange the item on Sunday (if it really is too big), and pick up the chocolate on Monday (I think they’re open). Depending on the time, I may still make it to the PO on time, but I might have to delay until Thursday. This weekend is a full court press with the end of the term and the transition to a hybrid model with mostly all new students on Monday. Good thing I work well under pressure!

5 Likes

Still crafting… made some progress today and hope to make even more tomorrow! It would be awesome if I could ship on Monday!!

4 Likes

forgot to post the book I’m reading

1 Like

Ah, yes, I recognize those holiday ones now. The stuff that you ate when you were a kid, but as an adult you’re like “Wow, this is disgusting”

1 Like

What is the book about?

1 Like

Hi Carissa
The original title of the book is Mentje - Kind van die Pas-Opkamp. Irma Houbert is a South-African writer and this book was recommend to me by my South-African friend. Although the 2 languages have much in common I chose to read the Dutch translation and there is also a English version (ebook only).
The girl from the hidden village. It the second book of her Plötzke Trilogy. She worte a lot of stories of the 2 worldwars.
Nunspeet, 1943. Mentje is not happy with the strange people (Jews) her father lets live in secret in the stable attic of their farm. One day it goes completely wrong. The soldiers take everyone away - except Mentje who was hidding.
After a fearful flight, she arrives in the middle of the night in a secret village in the woods, where dozens of Jewish people are hiding. She continues to live there for months, until it becomes too dangerous for her and Mentje has to go to Arnhem to her aunt. But how long will it be safe there? And how will father find her when he is released? In Arnhem, her cousin and she helps hide 2 pilots, one of them is a South-African (working for the UK). When Arnhem is completely destroyed by the Germans, they move to her fathers farm and stay there the rest of the war. After the war she is alone and he becomes her new guardian.
A short summary
Marijke

4 Likes

Thank you for summarizing it for me!

we have 10 days left, right? (just reassuring myself, mainly)
good luck with the school transition days!

1 Like

We do! I needed the reassurance myself! I didn’t get nearly as much done today as I needed to. I did exchange the supply item, but that’s about it.

As for the transition to hybrid, I guess I’m as ready as I can be! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m getting close!!

1 Like