COMPLETE-Winter Book Swap 2023: Send out 2.13.23

I was glad to see at the end of article that you can import your goodreads information. I’m not sure if I’m ready to switch, but change is difficult. I think I will give it a shot, though.

I don’t really read reviews because most people seem to just re-write the synopsis. I just like keeping track of my books plus the Reading Challenge.

1 Like

It was extremely easy for me to import my goodreads account info. I would never have been able to swap otherwise, too many things on my “to read” list :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This is me, too. I have like 2 friends on Goodreads and I like it that way, lol. Sometimes I read a review or two if I feel strongly one way or another about a book but for the most part I ignore a lot that Goodreads has to offer. I wonder if the improved visual interface would make storygraph more “fun?” I also love the idea of more stats. Though…do you have to give a more in-depth, quiz-like review? I’m lucky I do the stars on Goodreads, lol!

2 Likes

Anymore I try to write a review that will jog my memory in the future or a redeemable quality if it’s not great. I’m friends with a handful of people on Goodreads, but we don’t really read the same kind of books.

1 Like

This year I vowed to read more. It calms me down and makes my brain happy in a way TV just can’t. I am attempting the Reading Prompts and I am sure anything from this swap would be helpful in that. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I just read this and it looks like Goodreads has had a lot of updates since it was written. I just found this today.

You can see when the book was read the most and there are a bunch of other updates.

I too mostly use SG for tracking reads and to-read, and I was following reading challenges more intently when I didn’t have to read thousands of pages for grad school. :roll_eyes:
I did check out my stats for 2022 and they’re pretty interesting though. It told me lengths, genres, moods, most read authors, how many new authors I picked up, etc. Some of that depended on me answering questions in a review, but mostly not.
I also like supporting a non-megacorp black-owned business by using SG.

1 Like

I am so bad about goodreads and the such. I have a pinterest board and a list on amazon. Only a few more days of sign ups if you are on the fence!

3 Likes

Only a few more days to sign up for Story Graph?

1 Like

For the swap. :blush:

1 Like

Duh. I’m an idiot. I forgot which thread I was in. :rofl:

Also, I am very close to possibly joining in on this one! Gotta see how my schedule is going to be.

2 Likes

It does look like their year-end-review is much, much better!

1 Like

I’ve been turning this one over in my mind for a while… It’s so tempting :smile:

1 Like

Same here. I want to do it, but I worry that I can’t think of anything to make. Also, my work schedule changed effective today and I’m working a lot more hours than I have in years. I’m still deciding.

2 Likes

I signed up this evening!! I wanted to wait to see how my crafty queue was looking and I will definitely have some time to fit in a quality small. I’m really looking forward to this one!

1 Like

I’ve always found inspiration in my partner’s questionnaire. You can also look at the gallery from previous book swaps for ideas.

C’mon, join us! :grin:

2 Likes

Tomorrow is the last day for sign ups!

2 Likes

Exactly! Between your partner’s info and past galleries-there is a ton of inspiration!

1 Like

LAST DAY FOR SIGN UPS!!! Get your info in!

2 Likes

What to do what to do…hmm

2 Likes